Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

No problem with Delph being called up, played well against Spain.

Its ****ing Jesse ****ing Lingard I have a problem with. Wtf has that little weasel done to warrant a place in the England national side.

Players like Puncheon and Albrighton must be absolutely livid

Link on a previous page containing a team of in-form English players.

Play them and there's no arguments surely? If your good enough, then prove it on the pitch.

"In form" over what period of time? So following that logic you could drastically change the England team every game, putting players in because they are "in form" despite them not being suitable to the system. 

"In form" over what period of time? So following that logic you could drastically change the England team every game, putting players in because they are "in form" despite them not being suitable to the system. 

That's over the season so far, so unless a remarkable player comes through the ranks (Wayne Rooney esque), I don't see why that'd be a bad idea? There's too many people in this squad that are living off their reputation from previous years, and that's partly why the country is so cold and p***ed off in their support.

No problem with Delph being called up, played well against Spain.

Its ****ing Jesse ****ing Lingard I have a problem with. Wtf has that little weasel done to warrant a place in the England national side.

Players like Puncheon and Albrighton must be absolutely livid

It's because he plays for one of the so called big clubs. I sometimes think these people who select these players live on a different planet. It's like there only interesting in which clubs with english players that play for the top six clubs.

Putting a non bias opinion on it...

Forget Drinkwater, forget Albrighton...

There are still other English players who have had a good season so far and have earnt more the right, than what I believe a just convenient lazy picks from Hodgson.Even Austin would of been worth a shout, a proven goalscorer at all levels.

Unlike some I still believe Hodgson was a good choice, even he cant be blamed for Sterling or Barclay and Lallana, forgetting the basics once they are chosen and go over the whitewash.

These 3 players maybe our main squad players for next June, its up to them now, to produce, to perform no matter who the England manager is.

For Hodgson, its his job to look up and down the country for not form players, but for top form players. When he came in he brought in the youth, he tried to stop this stupid back passing, though he admitted himself, hes found this one trait, like Capello to get some of his players on the front foot.Holding the ball does not mean just passing along the backline. In this maybe a much improved Smalling could play like an old time sweeper when moving up the field.

If we can get Shaw back fit and remains injury free, my 1st 3 names at the back would be Clyne,Smalling, Shaw.

If again we can get Wilshere back then staying from injury, he becomes the n01 midfielder, who we base our movements on.

If Lallana can find his earlier form, then we can put pace into our movements.

This then would benifit the likes of, Kane, Vardy, or if we see Welbeck and Sturridge, return with consistent form,4 Strikers with direct pace. I reckon Rooney should play behind the strikers.

With the above mentioned, this is where then Vardy could be on the plane, in a 23 man squad.

Now even the most biased city fan and Vardy himself, will realise and the same goes for Kane, they will need PL top form and injury free in the period April, and May 2016, for their plane tickets.

I dont see Albrighton even with a great season, getting the nod in front of Sterling, Townsend, or Walcott.

D.Drinkwater, if he has a consistent top of his game season, he may have a shout, nothing more.

Struggling to find any Reasons for Lingard and Mason getting call ups when they haven't really warranted a call up at all, in my opinion.

Ok we have had a few injuries but they should have been way further down the pecking order.

Also think it's too early for Alli to be involved in the senior set up.

Still needs games in the PL regularly before an Ebgland call up should be warranted.

In years to come he may become a decent international, but not yet.

Delph made a mistake in joining Man City, he is only ever going to be a bit part player within their squad.

Only players regularly playing for their respective teams then should be considered for Englas selection.

It may up a few players games to keep getting first team football than just warm the bench at bigger clubs.

What have people like Drinkwater, Albrighton, Dann, Puncheon, Zaha, Noble, Ward Prowse, Redmond etc Got to do to earn a call up instead of these "Top 5/6" fringe players?

Honestly is so disheartening even for fans let alone these players themselves. Pretty fed up of Hodgson. 

Move to Spurs or Liverpool.

Our selection policy is pure ****ing poison.

Almost any player picked for England most of the nation would disagree, if Drinky was picked for England do you really think most of the nation would agree that was the right call up?

Considering a significant proportion go entirely off the top club bias that's spouted in the media I'd take the collective opinion with a pinch of salt. Ryan Mason hasn't been better than Drinkwater this season. I cannot come to terms with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Hodgson has the idea of having a "squad" mentality. Where if you are called up, he wants you to be in and around the squad for years. No one cap wonders as it were. So im guessing the reasoning behind Lingard is he will be in plenty of future sides and will bed in this way.

Don't shoot me. I am not saying i agree. It's just the way Gary Neville said Woy likes to do things. 

Hodgson has the idea of having a "squad" mentality. Where if you are called up, he wants you to be in and around the squad for years. No one cap wonders as it were. So im guessing the reasoning behind Lingard is he will be in plenty of future sides and will bed in this way.

Don't shoot me. I am not saying i agree. It's just the way Gary Neville said Woy likes to do things.

Well he's full of shit according to these stats:

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/teammgr/Mgr_HodgsonPlyrsApps.html

Plenty of people with a handful of caps, not exactly young either.

Leon Osman?

It is just baffling, why call up Delph when he has barely played all season? Now he has had an injury set back, Mason is in a similar position, surely you want to protect injury risks.

You have young players, like Drinkwater, James Ward-Prowse who are fully fit and in good form and whilst they probably won't be going to France, they could well be in contention for going to Russia 2018, instead you take injury risks and someone like Lingard, who has made a handful of appearances in the PL.

We are such a clueless mess at the moment, when Rooney was given the captaincy I was hoping that we could build a team round him that would bring the best out of him, instead we have turned him into a slow lumbering uncreative player playing in a team that plays the same way. I know we  have had a lot of injury issues, but it is not rocket science. You have players like Vardy, Sterling, Walcott, Chamberlain and just play with no pace or urgency. By the time we get the ball forwards they are squared up and can't run at the defender at pace.

No identity, no clear selection policy, no real thought, just a shambles all round.

Although it's always great to see Leicester City players in the England squad, Hodgson's style of play is so dire and without passion I feel it does our players no good to be in his squad.

So many seem to get injured too, whilst training with his squads.

Hodgson's mindset seems so negative and slow I don't want his mindset to creep into our players heads, so although I'm half pleased Drinky, Vardy, and Albrighton are not there, I also feel it is such a shame, as it would be just fantastic to see three LCFC players in the England team, and all three deserve to be there.

I just hope they, as well as other players from 'lesser' clubs, don't feel they have to move to a London or Manchester club to get selected after seeing the likes of Delph, Lingard & Mason in the squad, but unfortunately Hodgson's selections will always make them feel this way.

Although it's always great to see Leicester City players in the England squad, Hodgson's style of play is so dire and without passion I feel it does our players no good to be in his squad.

So many seem to get injured too, whilst training with his squads.

Hodgson's mindset seems so negative and slow I don't want his mindset to creep into our players heads, so although I'm half pleased Drinky, Vardy, and Albrighton are not there, I also feel it is such a shame, as it would be just fantastic to see three LCFC players in the England team, and all three deserve to be there.

I just hope they, as well as other players from 'lesser' clubs, don't feel they have to move to a London or Manchester club to get selected after seeing the likes of Delph, Lingard & Mason in the squad, but unfortunately Hodgson's selections will always make them feel this way.

Right on the head of tut nail.

Seriously is Roy a Spurs fan?

It is just baffling, why call up Delph when he has barely played all season? Now he has had an injury set back, Mason is in a similar position, surely you want to protect injury risks.

You have young players, like Drinkwater, James Ward-Prowse who are fully fit and in good form and whilst they probably won't be going to France, they could well be in contention for going to Russia 2018, instead you take injury risks and someone like Lingard, who has made a handful of appearances in the PL.

We are such a clueless mess at the moment, when Rooney was given the captaincy I was hoping that we could build a team round him that would bring the best out of him, instead we have turned him into a slow lumbering uncreative player playing in a team that plays the same way. I know we  have had a lot of injury issues, but it is not rocket science. You have players like Vardy, Sterling, Walcott, Chamberlain and just play with no pace or urgency. By the time we get the ball forwards they are squared up and can't run at the defender at pace.

No identity, no clear selection policy, no real thought, just a shambles all round.

To be fair, Roy knows he's almost certainly going to be gone after Euro 2016, so probably doesn't care about planning for anything beyond that...

Archived