Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

To be fair, the French players looked absolutely empty during their National anthem. Staring ahead , not belting it out like rugby players do.

It must be an awful lot of strain for them to be playing this game rather than spending the time with their loved ones.

To be fair, the French players looked absolutely empty during their National anthem. Staring ahead , not belting it out like rugby players do.

It must be an awful lot of strain for them to be playing this game rather than spending the time with their loved ones.

I don't think some of them want to play. The expression on Lloris's face in the tunnel and before the game at the press conference said it all. Remember that Diarra lost a family member, too.

Bit of no win tonight, any win will be because France are not there mentally.

Like alli and dier, much better press in midfield. Ali is the next player to become injury prone.

Doesn't matter, our mentality has been a lot better, faster tempo and picking them off in midfield. The performance has been very good regardless of France

Bit of no win tonight, any win will be because France are not there mentally.

Like alli and dier, much better press in midfield. Ali is the next player to become injury prone.

Just came in to mention the same thing - none of the French players are really with it tonight (understandable)

I don't think some of them want to play. The expression on Lloris's face in the tunnel and before the game at the press conference said it all. Remember that Diarra lost a family member, too.

I'm sure I remember reading that all the France players were given the option of withdrawing from the game, but none of them took it.

I highly doubt any of those playing are being forced to play a meaningless friendly after Friday's events.

France giving us alot more time on the ball than Spain, and that's the difference really. You press us, we panic.

I think we have pressed them more if anything Alli particularly has won the ball well in midfield a few times. Been great tonight. Spain we just weren't set up right at all... We haven't had that player that can snuff out a ball in midfield, it has worked well tonight

England have looked good but the French look like they'd rather be anywhere else and have been half-hearted at best and who can blame them? Under normal circumstances the French would never let us have this much possession. I didn't know until they mentioned in commentary that the French players hadn't been consulted about playing tonight - i'd be well pissed off I was one of the French lads.

Good game. I'm sure there'll be some who say France weren't trying but we played well. Kane did well tonight, good strength and effort.

France weren't at their best, far from it, but I was pleased that we went out there and played at a good pace, kept the ball and broke up play very well in midfield ... it was much improved

Archived