Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I see what Woy is up to, he's assembling a cast for Shrek IV. Obviously Rooney has the starring role, and after tonight, Kane will be Donkey. What an abject performance from Englands new saviour. Pissed myself when Shrek played him

through, and the centre back totally did him for pace. Hoddle said, great work from Kane - what, you one-eyed Spurs w@nker?

Anyway, back to my original rant, any more England players for Shrek IV?

I thought England were fantastic tonight, looked a lot more confident and alert. I'd even go for in saying that was probably our best performance since just before the world cup last year. Ali was amazing and the funny thing was two minutes before he scored I was just saying to my dad, that I felt it was too earlier for him to get an England call up. Despite the win though, I did feel France didn't have there whole mind set on tonight's game which is understandable. I think alot of their team were not ready for tonight and probably shouldn't have played. Maybe under different circumstances we may have seen a different game tonight.

They would. The record for the most consecutive PL losses is Sunderland when they went down and continued about 3 years later when they came back up.

It's a record personal to Jakie Vardy so only counts games he consecutively played in. If he doesn't play on Saturday the next match he plays in he will still go into it having scored in his previous 9.

It's not that hard to understand.

No, if Vardy doesn't play on Saturday his run comes to an end. Do you understand what consecutive means?

No, if Vardy doesn't play on Saturday his run comes to an end. Do you understand what consecutive means?

Apparently, the record still stands if he misses Newcastle. It could well be that Vardy's situation is the first time that it's cropped up in the Premier League, there's not many players go on these sort of scoring runs but for me there needs to be 2 separate records.

For example, if Vardy scores against Newcastle, he's scoring in consecutive games, if he misses Newcastle, plays and scores against Man Utd, he's scoring in consecutive appearances, not consecutive games.

They're 2 completely different things and the league records really should recognise that.

Apparently, the record still stands if he misses Newcastle. It could well be that Vardy's situation is the first time that it's cropped up in the Premier League, there's not many players go on these sort of scoring runs but for me there needs to be 2 separate records.

For example, if Vardy scores against Newcastle, he's scoring in consecutive games, if he misses Newcastle, plays and scores against Man Utd, he's scoring in consecutive appearances, not consecutive games.

They're 2 completely different things and the league records really should recognise that.

Duh. I'm completely dumbfounded by this. Why can't people understand that it is simply a personal record of goals scored in consecutive games played. If he misses Newcastle the record is still on. Of course it means he'll have to bag against Utd to equal RVN though.

Duh. I'm completely dumbfounded by this. Why can't people understand that it is simply a personal record of goals scored in consecutive games played. If he misses Newcastle the record is still on. Of course it means he'll have to bag against Utd to equal RVN though.

Dumbfounded by what? They are 2 different things and there should be 2 different records. Scoring in consecutive games is a much harder achievement than scoring in consecutive appearances and the records should differentiate between the two.

That's really not that difficult

Dumbfounded by what? They are 2 different things and there should be 2 different records. Scoring in consecutive games is a much harder achievement than scoring in consecutive appearances and the records should differentiate between the two.

That's really not that difficult

I think the important thing is that if he misses the Newcastle game, he will still be on to match or beat the record that 99.9% of the football population are talking about.

This is how the mail sees it with respect to Jimmy Dunne

Between October 24, 1931 at Grimsby Town and January 1, 1932, against Portsmouth, Dunne scored in 12 consecutive Sheffield United league matches — 18 goals in all. Scorelines were bigger in those days, and totals, too — but the fact that Dunne set records that remain unchallenged, and others only equalled by goalscorers of the calibre of Alan Shearer, suggests he was no inconsequential figure.

He played at a time when balls and pitches were heavier and a centre forward had to be bludgeoned half to death to earn a penalty.  Just because he wasn’t on television, it doesn’t make him any less real.

Dunne’s record, the one truly being chased, is very tightly defined. In Vardy’s case, it is about scoring in consecutive Leicester City games, not games for Leicester City. There is a difference.

Injury kept Vardy out of both England matches in this international break, and if he is not fit to play for his club on Saturday, his run ends there, too. Stan Mortensen scored in 15 consecutive games for Blackpool in season 1950-51, but he got injured twice during the sequence, and skipped matches, coming back to continue scoring again. He did three, then 11, then one. That is not the same.

Van Nistelrooy, meanwhile, scored in 10 consecutive Manchester United games. His stretch started against Fulham on March 22, 2003, and ended against Newcastle on August 23, 2003, so the games were spread over two seasons, eight in 2002-03 and two in 2003-04. It could be argued that if Vardy scores against Newcastle, his will be the greater achievement, spanning consecutive Leicester games in one season, from August 29 against Bournemouth to November 21. This is a record of endurance, as much as accuracy. It is about being available, in the team and on the scoresheet. Playing up front for Leicester is a little different from the same role at Manchester United, too.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3322602/Never-mind-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-Jamie-Vardy-focus-Jimmy-Dunne-s-goalscoring-record-1930s.html#ixzz3rquTsmFb 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think the important thing is that if he misses the Newcastle game, he will still be on to match or beat the record that 99.9% of the football population are talking about.

I know I'm just trying to explain why they are 2 different things and there should be 2 different records. RVN holds the Premier League record at 10 consecutive appearances which was also over 10 consecutive games (although over 2 seasons) Sturridge is currently third with 8 consecutive appearances but only 7 consecutive games.

Let's say Vardy misses Newcastle, plays and scores against Man Utd and Swansea, plays and doesn't score against Chelsea. Vardy should then be second to RVN for scoring in 9 consecutive games but ahead of RVN for scoring in 11 consecutive appearances.

They are quite clearly different things and there should be, there isn't, but there should be 2 different records.

I know I'm just trying to explain why they are 2 different things and there should be 2 different records. RVN holds the Premier League record at 10 consecutive appearances which was also over 10 consecutive games (although over 2 seasons) Sturridge is currently third with 8 consecutive appearances but only 7 consecutive games.

Let's say Vardy misses Newcastle, plays and scores against Man Utd and Swansea, plays and doesn't score against Chelsea. Vardy should then be second to RVN for scoring in 9 consecutive games but ahead of RVN for scoring in 11 consecutive appearances.

They are quite clearly different things and there should be, there isn't, but there should be 2 different records.

Yeah maybe, don't particularly disagree. I just know if I was Vardy, I'd be more bothered about consecutive appearances rather than my teams games.

They should have 2 top scorer awards. Top scorer with total goals and top scorer of average goals per 90 minutes.

There's now an article in the Mercury explaining it all. Vardy has set a record for 9 consecutive goals in consecutive games.

Sturridge on 8 actually scored 2 months apart due to injury.

Rudd as we know had a summer break. The premier league would count vardys if he missed Newcastle but scored in his next game back.

However I would love to see him do it with out the gap. That way there is no argument.

There's now an article in the Mercury explaining it all. Vardy has set a record for 9 consecutive goals in consecutive games.

Sturridge on 8 actually scored 2 months apart due to injury.

Rudd as we know had a summer break. The premier league would count vardys if he missed Newcastle but scored in his next game back.

However I would love to see him do it with out the gap. That way there is no argument.

Thought so. It makes a lot more sense this way. I've never heard of a record like that where a player can't miss any games.

Archived