Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

It's actually laughable.

For years we've been a 2nd tier (at best!) international side. We can't compete with the likes of Spain and Germany etc.

And yet we always try and control the game, and go for possession and passing with our 'class' players.

Could do with taking the LCFC approach of "F**king go for it"

I've been having an argument with a guy on reddit. He is all for 'class' players. I don't even know what that means. There is no definition, except that they can pass the ball sideways very nicely.

He is very against players being on form and having passion. Makes no sense to me. I'd rather have players who are top of the league, scoring goals, on form and hard working.

If true cant see anyone paying that given his age.

I disagree a little, while his body was worked hard doing physical manual labour in the carbon fibre factory, and he was probably kicked horribly while playing in the lower leagues, his body hasn't been subjected to the same intense training from a very young age that players like Rooney have. Plus he has a very lightweight frame. So, there is potential that he could last another 3-4 seasons at the same intensity.

But personally, I like that is GBP30m (if true) so that it does ward off potential buyers.

Is anyone listening to Hodgson on talk sport at the moment. Depressing.

No...  Same old guff about class and certain players should be happy just to be considered alongside the legions of players who have proven their class by earning contracts at teams like Man U and Arsenal?

On MOTD on Saturday did they not say something about how much Hodgson supposedly likes Drinkwater?

I picked up on that aswell. Guess we'll find out when the the squad is announced. Of course Roy may have decided to wait till the World Cup campaign to restructure his team around DD !

Having listened to that I think hes even more of a moron than I originally thought.

If as I expect, he doesnt pick either vardy or drinky, then I'm going to support wales instead. I'm not even slightly welsh but at least they've got a couple of city players who have been picked on merit rather than a load of roys old favourites who don't give a sh1t.

Jack Wilshire. The thought of that makes me feel physically sick. The fact he's even considering it shows his complete incompetence.

I picked up on that aswell. Guess we'll find out when the the squad is announced. Of course Roy may have decided to wait till the World Cup campaign to restructure his team around DD !

Been quoted today as saying Drinkwater and Noble are "nearly ready" for England.

By "nearly ready" I can only assume he thinks the pair of them are not far away from being capable of adapting to sideways, safe balls all the time. With a bit more time hopefully Drinkwater will realise that it's too dangerous to play a ball forward or drive at the opposition.

Having listened to that I think hes even more of a moron than I originally thought.

If as I expect, he doesnt pick either vardy or drinky, then I'm going to support wales instead. I'm not even slightly welsh but at least they've got a couple of city players who have been picked on merit rather than a load of roys old favourites who don't give a sh1t.

Jack Wilshire. The thought of that makes me feel physically sick. The fact he's even considering it shows his complete incompetence.

That was my thoughts too.

To quote Henry Ford "If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got". Sums up England and Hodgson perfectly. No wonder we never progress as a nation, the institution that governs football in this country are so archaic it's unreal.

Leicester have consistently outperformed every other team in the PL this season despite most being packed with the majority of Europe's international superstars all of whom we'll face as a nation in the summer, and Hodgson wants to ignore our players and revert back to the same group that have consistently failed to deliver time and time again in international football.

Its been building for quite sometime, but sadly I really don't enjoy watching England anymore.

Archived