Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

How much building through midfield are we going to have in the knockout rounds of the Euros? I'd have thought we'll be playing Leicester possession ball.

Unfortunately what we should be doing and what we will be doing are very different things. Our best hope of beating the best teams is probably by setting up and playing like Leicester do, but as the England set-up haven't accepted we are a second-rate side yet, we will try to beat them with possession and passing as usual.

Vardy not going to the euros would be a crime against football for which Hodgson should be locked away in a small room. How can anybody justify leaving a striker at home who's scored 20+ goals this season to make way for a striker who's scored a few and spent most the season injured. Would be an absolute travesty.

Alright then, Fernando Torres? I'd say Rooney's not far off being in that kind of category now.

Problem is it's textbook England to concede to ex Premier League players. How did we know it would be Balotelli & Suarez to score the winners against us in Brazil.

I think we're thinking along the same lines here.

Although we conceded to Italy and Uraguay's top strikers. The fact they were both ex-Premier League was coincidence.

I think my point stands though.

If you were looking on, as a person that didn't follow the Premier League closely then you'd probably be more worried about Rooney than a lesser known player.

Perfect example; who worries you more? Franck Ribery or Hatem Ben Arfa?

Hodgson seems to want to keep the tried and trusted England side rather than gambling on lesser known players in exceptional form.

That's what to expect from Roy, he already knows what team he's taking to the euros I bet. Form isn't really factored into his mindset.

In my opinion one of England’s biggest problems is that before tournaments we are always trying out new systems and form players rather than concentrating on a team that has had two years to gel. Personally, I am not a fan of the way Hodgson sets the England team up but it is too late to change now.

He doesn't.

He has two relatively un-known and inform strikers and a load of well known, out of form strikers.

The only two players that other nations will be scared of are Kane and Vardy. The likes or Rooney, Welbeck, Walcott and Sturridge won't frighten anyone.

Sturridge is a very good player it's just a shame he's made of fake lego

Vardy not going to the euros would be a crime against football for which Hodgson should be locked away in a small room. How can anybody justify leaving a striker at home who's scored 20+ goals this season to make way for a striker who's scored a few and spent most the season injured. Would be an absolute travesty.

Got a horrible feeling that Vardy will miss out if Wellbeck and Sturridge are fit,Hodgson will go with them over Vardy.

Sturridge is a very good player it's just a shame he's made of fake lego

Sturridge is pretty much our only good player and probably the only one of our players you could even attempt to make a case for being one of the best 10 in the world in their position.

I understand why we're all bumming JV with his scoring record here, but to be fair, he doesn't fit the RH style of play. JV scores on the break Hodgson likes to build through midfield. Although this isn't a great style to watch and we would all love JV to be on the pitch, I don't think this will happen

Well then Woy needs to swallow his pride and play a fast, low possession game; you're not going to get much possession against the top sides, so rather than being turgidly shit as per why not try playing something we've seen to be effective rather than trying to match Spain at their own game and showing England to be hilariously second rate at it.

Sturridge is pretty much our only good player and probably the only one of our players you could even attempt to make a case for being one of the best 10 in the world in their position.

Including Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar as strikers because they are strikers really, they're certainly not wingers. It's certainly subjective and Sturridge's injury record really muddies the water because who knows how many he'd score if he wasn't so shit at not getting injured.

I'd choose all of these over a fully fit Sturridge 

Messi

Ronaldo

Suarez

Neymar

Lewandowski

Benzema

Ibrahimovic

Higuain

Cavani

Aubameyang

Aguero

Muller

Dybala

Although I do realise you didn't say he was top 10 standard just a challenger

Including Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar as strikers because they are strikers really, they're certainly not wingers. It's certainly subjective and Sturridge's injury record really muddies the water because who knows how many he'd score if he wasn't so shit at not getting injured.

I'd choose all of these over a fully fit Sturridge

Messi

Ronaldo

Suarez

Neymar

Lewandowski

Benzema

Ibrahimovic

Higuain

Cavani

Aubameyang

Aguero

Muller

Dybala

Although I do realise you didn't say he was top 10 standard just a challenger

Id have Ulloa over Higuain. The lazy dickbag.

Archived