Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Well then Woy needs to swallow his pride and play a fast, low possession game; you're not going to get much possession against the top sides, so rather than being turgidly shit as per why not try playing something we've seen to be effective rather than trying to match Spain at their own game and showing England to be hilariously second rate at it.

We saw some of the evidence against Spain and I'd imagine we'll see it again against Germany.

If Hodgson was to go to Germany and approach them with a solid, counter-attacking game, I would eat my words and give England a proper chance of springing a surprise at the Euros, and he's got an excellent chance to do that with Rooney being injured. I doubt it though. He's not a risk taker and changing from his beloved 4-2-3-1 which brought down the powerhouses of Slovenia and Estonia will remain.

What's with this pic Not been following sky sports today

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-deep-dive-into-the-new-england-football-team-official-euro-2016-suit-photos-206

It  is thoroughly depressing picture, apart from the fact it looks like CGI, they just  look so miserable and uninspiring.

No flair, no creativity, no imagination, just a bunch of joyless posers in M&S suits FFS.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think Roy is seriously taking the piss now!

From the Guardian:

Roy Hodgson has offered up the intriguing possibility of Marcus Rashford forcing his way into the England Football Team squad at Euro 2016 after revealing he has tracked the teenager’s progress for the past two years

Guest ttfn

I really think Roy is seriously taking the piss now!

From the Guardian:

Just saw this. Not sure Hodgson is being entirely fairly represented here but he doesn't need to be talking about Rashford. England have already got several mature strikers ready to play in the euros without resorting to Man United's reserve team.

Gotta be bullshit about him tracking him for two years.

I work with a die hard Yanited fan (a manc to boot!) and before three weeks ago he'd never heard of the kid. Legit

Well people within the game especially in Hodgson's position usually have far more sources to know about a player before even the most die hard fan

Going by Hodgson's comments on Sky Jack Wilshere is likely to go..

Might as well just take 22 players then as he hardly going to be fit and injury prone..

I saw him say this too!  FFS Wilshere hasn't played for club or country since June!  You just know he'll go instead of Drinky or Noble.  Jokes

Not even funny is it?

"Players are either fit to play or not," Hodgson said. "Whether they play 30 games, 40 games, 10 games, 15 games, eight games, I don't understand that.

"For me, it's all about the class of the player. It's about who is in form and out of form. Even to some extent I have to rely on others' judgement on that.

"Form is transient, but class isn't, " he added. "We need classy players and players we can trust and players we know what they will give us and players who have the desire, motivation and wish to play for England, to do all that's necessary.

"Luckily we have some of those. But let's be realistic, we are not in the 60, 70 and 80s when it comes to those. If there are 30 players who reach the high standards I demand, we will have to pick 23 from them."

Which is it Roy?  Class or form?  Actually I don't care it's too depressing that the England manager in 2016 is still talking in terms of some nebulous 'class' and not the many stats we now have to measure players' real life contributions during matches.

Who cares - England will never win anything because of the way they play and the mentality of the management. With or without LCFC players in the squad.

I'd prefer our lads to be relaxing somewhere and not picking up an injury in an extra 'competitive' fixture.

as far as the tournament is concerned, the teams with players in summer tournaments generally start slowly in August.

Would be nice for some of the boys to be recognised (those who aren't already) but England will never do them justice and we will only risk injury with the, on duty.

Just saw this. Not sure Hodgson is being entirely fairly represented here but he doesn't need to be talking about Rashford. England have already got several mature strikers ready to play in the euros without resorting to Man United's reserve team.

Plus when asked about Drinky, he refused to comment at all and basically said we only think he's good because we're Leicester fans. Then some kid plays 3 games for united and Roy's not ruling him out, even though we're much stronger up front than midfield.

Can't wait for Kingy to bag an 89th minute shinner against us in Lens...

Can genuinely see myself being more arsed about his progress this summer than England's at this rate. There's never been a better chance for us to do something different and pick a young, exciting team - but you know players are just going to be picked based on their club's traditional reputation. It's a joke.

I think we're thinking along the same lines here.

Although we conceded to Italy and Uraguay's top strikers. The fact they were both ex-Premier League was coincidence.

I think my point stands though.

If you were looking on, as a person that didn't follow the Premier League closely then you'd probably be more worried about Rooney than a lesser known player.

Perfect example; who worries you more? Franck Ribery or Hatem Ben Arfa?

Hodgson seems to want to keep the tried and trusted failed England side rather than gambling on lesser known players in exceptional form.

Fixed

This is why I have booked a holiday through the group stages and hope our players do to, if I was Drinkwater or even Albrighton and didn't get a sniff in the friendlies I would be looking in the family tree for my Irish / Welsh relative. Its is the reason we haven't won anything for 50 years.

Archived