Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Looks like nothing has been learnt from past failures .How is picking in form players risky? The tournament is only a few weeks long. Sterling, Chamberlain and Walcott will all go and we will achieve nothing.

He also said that some clubs players are a perfect fit for the way the club performs , but not necessarily the way England want to perform . If that's not shoving 2 fingers up at Leicester players then I don't know what is 

And another thing. When was the last time a team at the top of the prem who had 4 english players regularly in the starting 11, not have all of them in the England squad?

Reminds me of 2014 when there were a lot of Liverpool players in their side that didn't win the league, but came very close to doing so - and he didn't use them anything like the way Rodgers did.

The bloke is far too set in his ways. If someone can come here and tell me what is better about this England side than the one in Brazil then I'm all ears.

Absolute dinosaur. Part of me hopes he doesn't pick Vardy for two reasons

1) So it shows him up for the tit he actually is

2) So I don't have to watch the boring shite we serve up to scrape through the group stage to get knocked out by Italy in the next round

To be fair to him at least he admits he picks players on reputation

I can't believe we put a release clause in, everyone is saying he is 29 but if he has a good euros there is no way a Chelsea or United would baulk at 30m. Vardy has only played at the top level for a few years he will be playing well in to his 30's.

Feels like a bit of a rookie move, at least if you put a release in, make it something unobtainable like Real and Barca do!

I listened to Hodgson and about had a fit. Picking players on their past performances. If I see Wilshere anywhere near that squad then I am done with England. Wilshere is a good player but come off it. He hasn't kicked a ball ALL season. Why does this Dinosaur always live in the past. Look at the here and now. Noble has been consistent for years. Drinky is having an unbelievable season. Both these players should be miles in front of Wilshere when it comes to selection.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see no Leicester player in the squad. He said if fit Rooney is 100% going. Ok fair enough. I think he has hindered our development for years but as he is captain I can understand Hodgson's stance. At least Hodgson said Rooney isn't a guaranteed starter (not that I believe him in a million years).

We will get out the group and go out at the last 16 stage like we always do but it will be seen as a success as we failed miserably at the World cup.

I can't believe we put a release clause in, everyone is saying he is 29 but if he has a good euros there is no way a Chelsea or United would baulk at 30m. Vardy has only played at the top level for a few years he will be playing well in to his 30's.

Feels like a bit of a rookie move, at least if you put a release in, make it something unobtainable like Real and Barca do!

The release has been leaked by either the club or his agent no one is denying it and it's the Times that ran it with no cavets , the story is written as fact

It would Be the right figure for a contract like his and his age

I listened to Hodgson and about had a fit. Picking players on their past performances. If I see Wilshere anywhere near that squad then I am done with England. Wilshere is a good player but come off it. He hasn't kicked a ball ALL season. Why does this Dinosaur always live in the past. Look at the here and now. Noble has been consistent for years. Drinky is having an unbelievable season. Both these players should be miles in front of Wilshere when it comes to selection.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see no Leicester player in the squad. He said if fit Rooney is 100% going. Ok fair enough. I think he has hindered our development for years but as he is captain I can understand Hodgson's stance. At least Hodgson said Rooney isn't a guaranteed starter (not that I believe him in a million years).

We will get out the group and go out at the last 16 stage like we always do but it will be seen as a success as we failed miserably at the World cup.

I hope Drinky has and Irish granny lol

People don't half get there knickers in a twist over England and hodgson on here. Makes me laugh when i read 'oh if he picks x over y, then im done with England'. So dramatic lol.

If your support of your national team is so fickle then give it up now why wait.

Of course how players have performed for HIS England teams in the past is going to come into his thinking he's trying to build a settled team of players who he can trust and who he knows can perform specific roles and duties.

It can't be a constantly changing most in form 11 else we wouldn't get anywhere. I think Vardy will 100% be going don't forget Roy picked him last season when his return was 5 goals.

Other than that does Drinkwater deserve to go based on this season? Of course he does but is Danny a better player than a fully fit Jack Wilshire? (An oximoron i know) 100% no he is an unbelievable talent and if you argue otherwise you are either biassed or stupid.

People don't half get there knickers in a twist over England and hodgson on here. Makes me laugh when i read 'oh if he picks x over y, then im done with England'. So dramatic lol.

If your support of your national team is so fickle then give it up now why wait.

Of course how players have performed for HIS England teams in the past is going to come into his thinking he's trying to build a settled team of players who he can trust and who he knows can perform specific roles and duties.

It can't be a constantly changing most in form 11 else we wouldn't get anywhere. I think Vardy will 100% be going don't forget Roy picked him last season when his return was 5 goals.

Other than that does Drinkwater deserve to go based on this season? Of course he does but is Danny a better player than a fully fit Jack Wilshire? (An oximoron i know) 100% no he is an unbelievable talent and if you argue otherwise you are either biassed or stupid.

1000% drinky is better than Wiltshire !

Wiltshire is knackered chain smoking vodka swilling wide boy

Drinky can't even get in a night club never mind have a fag outside lol

Wiltshire wouldn't get in our centre midfield at present !

We haven't been going anywhere for years with a 'settled' side :dunno:

The most in form 11 will most likely include players already in the England squad anyway. Nobody is saying change the whole team, but when certain players aren't even playing then you have to look at alternatives. You only have to look at LB. Cresswell/Rose have been brilliant this season and should 100% be ahead of an injured Shaw but all the talk is if Shaw gets back from injury he is going to the Euros. That is an absolute joke.

If players like Shaw and Wilshere get back fully fit (which wont happen unless they are playing actual matches) then fair enough but its looking likely that all it takes for those players to get back into England squad is to just not be injured. Shocking

He's definitely better than Wiltshire. I'm sure he's an aussie and must be late 30s now though haha.

Time to hit google and see what he is upto these days.

He's playing in Russia for Terek Grozny. He should have gone to China.

I am drinkwaters biggest fan I absolutely love the bloke he has been superb this season and was player of the season when we got promotion.

But... he is nowhere Wilshire's full level and I'm sure Danny would be the first to admit it. Do you remember Wilshire bullying the Barcelona midfield a few years back or even this for England last June:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sGf7LPqEGo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIJZSQIsM_8

Wilshire is a world class talent sadly due to horrendous injuries he might not realise that talent. But if by some miracle he is fully fit and has played well in some games for arsenal of course he has to go its not even up for disscusion. For me I would still take drinky and maybe leave Henderson.

I am drinkwaters biggest fan I absolutely love the bloke he has been superb this season and was player of the season when we got promotion.

But... he is nowhere Wilshire's full level and I'm sure Danny would be the first to admit it. Do you remember Wilshire bullying the Barcelona midfield a few years back or even this for England last June:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sGf7LPqEGo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIJZSQIsM_8

Wilshire is a world class talent sadly due to horrendous injuries he might not realise that talent. But if by some miracle he is fully fit and has played well in some games for arsenal of course he has to go its not even up for disscusion. For me I would still take drinky and maybe leave Henderson.

World class lol

Step away from the phone buddy lol

We haven't been going anywhere for years with a 'settled' side :dunno:

The most in form 11 will most likely include players already in the England squad anyway. Nobody is saying change the whole team, but when certain players aren't even playing then you have to look at alternatives. You only have to look at LB. Cresswell/Rose have been brilliant this season and should 100% be ahead of an injured Shaw but all the talk is if Shaw gets back from injury he is going to the Euros. That is an absolute joke.

If players like Shaw and Wilshere get back fully fit (which wont happen unless they are playing actual matches) then fair enough but its looking likely that all it takes for those players to get back into England squad is to just not be injured. Shocking

Yeah fair play i get your drift and I agree they have to have been playing matches for the clubs and playing at a half decent level but I'm sure that will be the case hopefully we have learned our lesson taking Beckham and Rooney to tournaments injured. I think the Wilshire quote is Roy showing a bit of loyalty to one of his most talented players and giving him something to aim at no biggie in my opinion also think drinky will be in the next squad so then it's up to him to take his chance.

World class lol

Step away from the phone buddy lol

1. You thought his name was Wiltshire

2. Your going on about night clubs, fags and wideboys which makes me think you spend more time reading tabloid headlines than you do watching football.

Maybe you should "step away from the phone"

Do you remember Wilshire ...

1. You thought his name was Wiltshire

2. Your going on about night clubs, fags and wideboys which makes me think you spend more time reading tabloid headlines than you do watching football.

Maybe you should "step away from the phone"

If you're having a dig at name spelling, at least get it right yourself!

(Hint: it's Wilshere)

The Euro's will be a big disappointment in terms of both Team selection and Team performance.

Every time we get hype, build-up (this year a few Foxes COULD be included) and then.................

we crash out after fielding the same old players playing the same old football under the guidance of the same style manager.

Nothing will change

Roy Hodgson has already proven once before that he can guide us to failure at a major tournament, should be the next Arsenal manager !!

Sometimes I can understand squad players at the bigger clubs getting picked despite not playing much, because generally the better players play for the better teams. And can understand the argument that he wants to keep a settled team.

However those teams are not very good at the minute. The difference with our players is that they taken us to the top of the league, in the past you've had people like Scott Dann, Mark Noble (although this year is a bit different), Ryan Shawcross etc being argued about deserving caps but the best they've done is perform well in a mid-table team.

There is only really a squad of 50 players who could play for England, maybe even less than that. There is no way Jack Wilshere should go.

You have to be very special to be selected having missed virtually the whole season through injury and Wilshere isn't that.

I understand managers have favourites and players they like but that's pushing it and could be detrimental to the team.

Archived