Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I've seen enough. Rooney out, Vardy in. Won't happen but we can dream. Rooney looks pathetically ordinary this season.

I'm beginning to think Vardy will now be picked as we all keep saying ...   but I'm not sure from an entirely selfish Leicester point of view I want that now.  We all know he's one extremely tough little cookie and has played with pain killing injections and with broken bones, but yesterday he took another knock and looked battered ....    he could do with a rest. 

Probably just over worrying  .....   He deserves the glory    :)  :ph34r:

Everyone's biased because they watch one team more than others but I have seen enough of Vardy and Rooney this season to say that Vardy would be a better pick against Estonia than Rooney and be confident in doing so. Make it happen Roy.

I've seen enough. Rooney out, Vardy in. Won't happen but we can dream. Rooney looks pathetically ordinary this season.

Everyone's biased because they watch one team more than others but I have seen enough of Vardy and Rooney this season to say that Vardy would be a better pick against Estonia than Rooney and be confident in doing so. Make it happen Roy.

The problem with England is we don't play to our strengths... and we pick players that are past it. Vardy is scoring for fun and causing defences nightmares... he should start

Completely agree with you Dan.

When's the squad for Euro 2016 actually announced? Obviously we all know Vardy should be the first striker in the squad in this sort of form, but got a horrible feeling he won't be picked purely because he doesn't play for United Liverpool Chelsea etc

I think Vardy would be a lot more useful in a competition against better teams who play football than these friendlys and qualifiers.

Imagine he against Germany, Brazil, Italy etc.. would be a nightmare, that's where he will be at his best imo but I doubt he will even get the chance, hopefully Roy has some balls and Vardy keeps on progressing.

I like Rooney, but neither Manu, nor England have played to his strengths for a couple of seasons.

It wont happen, but my 3 guys for the Euros would be Kane, Vardy, and Walcott....simple pace.

Maybe then Rooney picking up midfield.With Wiltshire perm injured..

He's never going to be overly effective against teams who camp 10 or 11 players behind the ball, against teams better than England he would perform much better given there will be space in behind.

hes never going to be overly effective when his England team mates won't pass the ball to him.

It's a fair point really about playing to strengths. I don't think England have ever really done that with Rooney. He's had a very good career, no doubt about it, but he could've been even better for me. Could well have gone down as a Zidane or a Del Piero of the game whereas now he'll go down as someone like a Crespo or a Torres.

That's kind, whenever I've seen him he just offers absolutely nothing

Imagine a front four of Vardy, Walcot, Rooney and Sterling. With Wilshere and Carrick just behind. The front four all have different qualities to make it an unpredictable line up. Obviously, Wilshere is out but in the Euros we would do well with this team imo.

The one where we really find out if Vardy's going to be used in the Euros is if he calls him in for the France friendly. For once we've actually landed some properly testing friendlies ahead of the tournament and I think that can only benefit us ahead of the Euros.

The one where we really find out if Vardy's going to be used in the Euros is if he calls him in for the France friendly. For once we've actually landed some properly testing friendlies ahead of the tournament and I think that can only benefit us ahead of the Euros.

Actually this is true, I'm sure for the last several tournaments we have played much weaker opposition. You have to go back to 98 for when we had really testing games just before a tournament...

Absolutely no excuse not to play him up front.

The obsession with Kane is really starting to do my head in, he's no better than Vardy at all and if he didn't play for Spurs everyone would think he's crap.

Last year was a flash in the pan but soon people will start to see the real Harry Kane; the lazy, average player who turned out for us.

As for Rooney, Van Gaal's now realised he can't trust him up front. Woy should take note.

Absolutely no excuse not to play him up front.

The obsession with Kane is really starting to do my head in, he's no better than Vardy at all and if he didn't play for Spurs everyone would think he's crap.

Last year was a flash in the pan but soon people will start to see the real Harry Kane; the lazy, average player who turned out for us.

As for Rooney, Van Gaal's now realised he can't trust him up front. Woy should take note.

Cant believe you could suggest Kane is lazy! Pretty much the hardest working striker in the Prem (behind Vardy of course).

Cant believe you could suggest Kane is lazy! Pretty much the hardest working striker in the Prem (behind Vardy of course).

Horse shit.

Yes not lazy by any means but there are plenty who work a heck of a lot harder.

When's the squad for Euro 2016 actually announced? Obviously we all know Vardy should be the first striker in the squad in this sort of form, but got a horrible feeling he won't be picked purely because he doesn't play for United Liverpool Chelsea etc

and look how well there english players are helping them out!!! liverpool and chelsea in bottom half of table!!!

Come on Roy pick players that are in form and that deserve the england call up for once and dont worry about what the press will say for not picking the old timers!! I would love to see some championship players in the squad as they will at least play there hearts out instead of doing naff all and just mindlessly pass the ball about going nowhere!

Archived