Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Players you forgotten had played for us

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Paul Brooker weren't it?

Yep! Steve Brooker was a journeyman striker I think. 

Paul Brooker is one of those players who I had no idea existed before or after he played for us. Looking at his Wiki it seems he made his name at Brighton and a blood relative of Matt Elliott. 

Edited by David Guiza

Fernando Pasquinelli (though I think strictly speaking he was on trial)

Franck Rolling

Jason Wilcox

Scot Gemmill

Stefan Moore

Jason Chambers

Hossein Kaebi

Carl Cort

I’m going on a goalkeeper session:

Gavin Ward

Simon Royce

Danny Coyne

Lars Hirschfeld

Mark Bunn

David Martin

David Stockdale

Carl Ikeme

Ricardo

Chris Kirkland

Chris Weale (who was decent actually)

Edited by bmouth_fox

Over 11 years ago on a cold February, Saturday afternoon, we go to the deepest Suffolk and find ourselves at the home of Ipswich Town. The opposition, Leicester City find themselves in their annual relegation scare and the pressure building on manager Rob Kelly. 

In a break against form and boosted by a triple loan signing on deadline day, Leicester are 2-0 up just after the break thanks to Gareth McAuley headers. Supported by a midfield of Levi Porter, Andy Johnson, Jason Jarrett and Mark Yeates - Geoff Horsfield caused the Ipswich defence all sorts of problems. 

But with Leicester playing out time in the final few minutes against the ten men Tractor Boys, the away support were treated to a rare delight. The subs board went up - Mark Yeates off (1 goal and 1 assist in his first two games) and on came Luigi Glombard. Never played for Leicester again, his loan expired a month later and it was one of 'those wtf' players in Royal Blue again. We have plenty examples of these players but you could put them in the Djeziri's of never played or the Bori's of good debuts or a Pentney or Luke O'Neill of youth player desperately needed....yet Luigi had seven minutes plus injury time to be watched by a select few in the away end that day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Tomi Petrescu

Nicolas Priet (don't think he ever played a game though?)

Steve Brooker 

Priet I think played the Crewe cup game, the year we was in the prem under Micky Adams or came on as sub.

Nathan Blake ( one of the worst strikers ever )

Chris Makin (scored a fine OG at cov)

Jon Ashton (Ipswich away lol)

Who was that young defender who came on against Sheffield Utd the season we played Cardiff in the play offs. Remember Morrison having a 45 yard screamer just tipped over in that game. He played 45 mins was nowhere ready and never to be seen again. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Priet I think played the Crewe cup game, the year we was in the prem under Micky Adams or came on as sub.

Nathan Blake ( one of the worst strikers ever )

Chris Makin (scored a fine OG at cov)

Jon Ashton (Ipswich away lol)

Who was that young defender who came on against Sheffield Utd the season we played Cardiff in the play offs. Remember Morrison having a 45 yard screamer just tipped over in that game. He played 45 mins was nowhere ready and never to be seen again. 

Was it Tom Parkes? Or Luke O'Neill?

6 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Love this topic:-

David Langan

Kjetil Osvold

Mick Kennedy

Dave Puttnam

Paul Kerr

Colin Gordon

Owen McGee

Michael Trotter

Jari Rantanen

Gary Ford

Mike Galloway

Pat Gavin

Jacob Laursen 

Carl Asaba 

Yes have definitely forgotten these two playing for us. I've never heard of McGee and I don't think Asaba ever played for us?

7 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Love this topic:-

David Langan

Kjetil Osvold

Mick Kennedy

Dave Puttnam

Paul Kerr

Colin Gordon

Owen McGee

Michael Trotter

Jari Rantanen

Gary Ford

Mike Galloway

Pat Gavin

Jacob Laursen 

Carl Asaba 

Loved Mike Galloway, gave us some steel and wound the opposition up, I remember when we played Everton and both Big Dunc and Vinny Samways got their marching orders due to Galloway.