Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

I reckon too many city fans, are underrating the Villa, they have descent group of pl a yers, no easy game this weekend.

We win this, it will be the best result this season, edging the W.Ham game. ( maybe an omen...simular team kit).

Disagree.

West Ham away has to be more difficult than Villa at home. That doesn't mean we'll win though I expect us to handsomely.

Villa lost a very important piece and picked up many potentially good pieces but they have to fit together and that's not been shown yet. We have to bombard them - Lescott isn't that good - he made an England team when the centre backs were as weak as they'd been in a long time.

Hate these .

Another premier league dinosaur .

Sherwood is a modern day Harry Rednapp tells the press what he wants to hear and they don't look at his results.... F.a cup papered over the cracks of the season lol smashed anyway!!

There coming here confident ? WHY?

2-1 Okazaki and shlupp . 3 points

COYB

Kingy deffo out for Kanté

Drinky certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped but Inler isn't here to sit on the bench. He's better than magic, you know?

Can't see a double change in CM. Kanté will start for sure. Inler for Drinkwater I don't think will happen. Back to that level of performance against Sunderland and West Ham. Villa shouldn't pose too many problems if we do. Pacey attack is their biggest threat but we counter that going forwards ourselves.

Schmeichel

De Laet   Huth   Morgan   Schlupp

Albrighton  Kanté   Drinkwater  Mahrez

Vardy    Okazaki

One thing I would like to see this weekend is the strikers getting a bigger role from the bench, especially when we are chasing the game like at Bournemouth. Giving Ulloa 3 mins of the bench offers him the opportunity to do nothing. If the opportunity is there and the usual pressing style is flagging, like Okazaki and Albrighton did at Bournemouth then giving Ulloa or Kramaric 20 mins can't hurt. I'd sooner see that than giving Benalouane 15 mins to close out a 1 goal lead as, for now anyway, he's looked far less convincing than Ulloa and Kramaric have when on the pitch.

I feel for Leo not getting a game. Still think he's an important player for us

Agree with this. Thought he was very decent in the full 90mins in the league cup with 3 assists (albeit against Bury). Other than that he's had, what 2-3mins of PL football in the dying embers of 1-1 draw where both teams had shut up shop for the point? More than good enough to start and proved in the run in last season he can fit into the fast, attacking system.

His problem is not his own, rather Vardy has been unplayable since late March and Okazaki has started very well too. His chance will come again but for now he has to be patient. In the meantime, as I said above, I'd like to see him (and Kramaric) get more minutes of the bench in the appropriate games.

The Players not playing will just have to be patient. It's so frustrating when all you want to do is play. But we all know how quickly things change in football. As has been said Vardy and Okazaki have been brilliant so far. I'm just wondering with the long flights involved for Okazaki for int duty. I't might be an opportunity for Krameric or Ulloa partnering Vardy.

Midfield is a tougher call. Drinkwater and King haven't done anything wrong and yet we didn't spend 12 Mil or so on Kante and Inler to leave on the bench. Their both clearly very talented players and and the next level up. After Kings big effort for Wales it might be a chance to bring one or the other in against Villa. Giving both himself and Okazaki a week's rest. It's a long season and were likely to need everybody at some point in time. I think we all accept the old stigma of been dropped is gone, it;s a squad game now and you need to keep players fresh.  CR has to work out who to rest in what games and when to keep everyone fresh. to do this successfully he has to know exactly what each player brings to the pitch. Then he can pick the panel for each game based on the opposition.

For tomorrow game I hope Kasper has recovered his best form and I think we'll win but it will be tough.

4-2-3-1 how is that going to work?

Okazaki behind Vardy and between Albrighton and Mahrez with 2 of Kanté/King/Drinkwater/Inler sitting deeper I'd imagine.

Or maybe move Mahrez in the hole and bring Dyer in. That's what I like about Dyer's signing. Another quick player, with PL experience, in a position we needed more depth in. It gives us more options and more flexibility.

I would prefer to see kante playing more centrally and a bit deeper than he has been when utilised. his energy in breaking up the opposition play is paramount. we have other players who break forward with pace. We don't need him to be doing it and then not being able to cover if we lose it high up the pitch.

After Kante's displays in the last few games and now Inler has been here a few weeks it's almost inevitable they'll be our first choice CM pairing. It will probably be against Villa after Inler's display against England mid week.

They'll compliment each other well as Inler will orchestrate the team whilst Kante will be his legs and be a box to box type player as he'll be able to run all day long with that small frame of his. With Mahrez and Albrighton either side we're really developing into a team with a very good midfield.

Okazaki behind Vardy and between Albrighton and Mahrez with 2 of Kanté/King/Drinkwater/Inler sitting deeper I'd imagine.

Or maybe move Mahrez in the hole and bring Dyer in. That's what I like about Dyer's signing. Another quick player, with PL experience, in a position we needed more depth in. It gives us more options and more flexibility.

4-2-3-1: Possibly for Villa AWAY, but I'd prefer to see two up front and Inler.

Most of you going for Kante for King (which would be good) but I think the main change will be Inler in for Drinky based on his performance in the week ... Personally I'd drop RDeL who looks like he needs a break. Hope Dyer comes on at some point, he's a game changer

Inler must start if fit. He was head and shoulders the best midfielder in the game vs England. Kante will break Villa up and shield Inler.

I agree but I don't think he'll make two changes to the midfield at the same time .... Maybe over cautious .... And Inler is the stand out player at the mo

Archived