Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Thinking about what I would do, and how I can get the players I want into the starting 11, following the performances during the week, I'd now go with this;

GK: Schmeichel

RD: Morgan

CD: Huth

LD: Fuchs

RWB: Albrighton

LWB: Schlupp

CM: Kante

CM: Inler

CAM: Mahrez

AT: Okazaki

AT: Vardy

3-4-1-2. Thoughts on this line up?

Yep. I like it. Only question mark is Fuchs and whether he will be as good as Wasyl in there.

Hopefully Inler can keep the reigns on Kante though as we don't need him rampaging out of position too much, he will get away with it against Bournemouth and Villa but not the better teams.

Got a feeling we are not going to see 3 at the back again though tbh :(

Yep. I like it. Only question mark is Fuchs and whether he will be as good as Wasyl in there.

Hopefully Inler can keep the reigns on Kante though as we don't need him rampaging out of position too much, he will get away with it against Bournemouth and Villa but not the better teams.

Got a feeling we are not going to see 3 at the back again though tbh :(

Yeah, this would never happen, just havin a bit of a day dream really!

Fuchs looks solid in the little I've seen him. He's captained his county to the Euros. He's 6'1", left footed, and I've heard him talk in an interview during pre-season that he is happy to play in a three and has done it before. Wes would have to change his role slightly. I think Fuchs was originally purchased for that position.

Now, the Internationals are over and the PL returns Saturday ( oh and my little girl gets married).

Does Inlar start, do we go for the same attacking 4 of Vardy, Okazaki, Mahrez, Albrighton, or will our Claudio, suprise us,

and decide to change somethings around.

3 1/2 days to discuss and ponder

Are AV ready to be taken.

Will my wedding speach be a success,

Will my wife forgive me, when I make a fool of myself, when they find me under the cake table, watching a streaming of city

, jumping high ,knocking over the cake, when Vardy gets his hattrick..

Ahh yes being a football fan can be hard, when deciding priorities...!!

Now, the Internationals are over and the PL returns Saturday ( oh and my little girl gets married).

Hope it all goes well

Does Inlar start, do we go for the same attacking 4 of Vardy, Okazaki, Mahrez, Albrighton, or will our Claudio, suprise us,

Will my wife forgive me, when I make a fool of myself, when they find me under the cake table, watching a streaming of city

Hope all goes well

One thing is for certain - we need to attack them!!!

I think Ranieri will be monitoring the internationals very carefully. I can see Shinji getting a break considering the amount of air miles he will get through.

Also, dependent on Mahrez's injury I suppose. A long 9 days now until Villa and I'm not sure now anyone could predict the starting XI.

Personally, I'd go with:

3-5-2:

Schmeichel

Wasilewski - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton -------------------------------Schlupp

Kante - King

Mahrez

Vardy - Ulloa/Okazaki

This takes full backs - our sole defensive weakness imo out of the equation and utilises Schlupp much further up the field. Win Win. Perhaps harsh to drop Drinkwater but for me Kante has to be in there and King can screen Kante allowing Kante to do the dogs work. Allow Mahrez to roam. We are far too fragile defensively down the wings in a 4-4-2 it's not even funny - playing 3-5-2 would squash that and give teams something else to think about.

Spot on.

The game is on Sunday

The game is on Sunday

Yes but there is also a wedding, breakfast and Sunday lunch for close family.

Technically speaking he is correct, though.

oh I do still get my priorities right , nothing diminishes my knowledge, Cake and Vardys Hattrick, are still going to happen

Small technical details like a days difference is totally irrelevant, other than my wife, will still not forgive me, she never has,

Forgiven me for when SHE said the YES-WORD all those years ago.

Archived