Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Unfortunately I cant see us switching back to 3-4-1-2..

Apparently not a lot has changed on the training ground apart from switching to 4-4-1-1 according to Phillips.

Definitely not as attacking a formation.. although we have kept almost the same personnel with Schlupp dropping back into LB which at least gives us a little more strength when going forward - when he's able to get forward that is. I think Schlupp is a better winger than a left back and its a shame he has to be restrained in that position. I cannot see how accommodating De Laet and binning off Wasil makes us a more defensive unit. 3-4-1-2 just makes so much more sense to me with the players we have currently got - ah well maybe Fuchs could have a go at RB?

Very confident about this one. Concentrate on what we have rather than fear about what they might have, and we'll be too much for them.

Let them have the ball and attack them on the counter, they won't know what's hit them.

They are a side in transition, with the core of last season's team gone they have a good 7/8 first teamers who are new faces. For this reason, I believe that this is a great time to play them - they are yet to gain any momentum.

They also have some injury doubts which won't help their case. Idrissa Gueye looks a doubt, a player who has lots of energy and has so far looked one of their best new signings, he ever so slightly reminds me of our N'Golo Kante - constantly buzzing around. Arguably their two best wide men in Traore and Grealish are also doubts, which may mean that Jordan Ayew will be given a run out - a new signing who is yet to hit the ground running.

Villa favour a 4-3-3 formation so Albrighton, Mahrez, and potentially Dyer will have a bit of room to work with out wide. Their left back Amavi (also a new signing) has shown promise going forward this season, but has shown glimpses of inexperience defending - a bit like a certain Jeff Schlupp. Riyad Mahrez is the perfect player to exploit these frailties further.

Villa will be more of a threat than they were in last season's game at the KP, and I expect them to score. But I can't wait for our attackers to get at them, and I think this will be the game that Okazaki really shows us what he's about.

Leicester 3-1 Villa.

Okazaki (2)

Mahrez

Sinclair

I think Villa will go down.

As long as CR picks an attacking side I can't see past a Leicester win. Problem he has is that Kante and Inler are too good to remain on the bench, but King and DD are in form. Hope he doesn't do what he did at Bournemouth and try to accommodate more midfielders at the expense of a forward.

Has to go two upfront this weekend, and just go at Villa from the word go. I think Claudio got it wrong in the first half at Bournemouth, playing with a formation which was too defensive. But we played better second half and got the point. Shinji and Vards up front this weekend, and I'd be tempted to drop Drinky or Kingy for Kante. He looks a very good player, and is a ball winner.

From what i have seen of Kante, He has to start in his propper position of center mid hes already showing why he got Europes top tackler, ball winner and interceptor award last year.

Inler is obviously Inler but i just haven't seen him in a lcfc shirt yet propper!!

Inler will be in for King. The club have been promoting Inler in the press all week.

Shinji and Kingy may need some recovery time after their exertions in the internationals, so it gives Ranieri a natural opportunity to start either Inler or Kante, and to give a start to Kram or Ulloa. Maybe he will want to put Mahrez on the bench too. The international break has given Ranieri the chance to demonstrate the strength of the squad and to use it to the best advantage.

Archived