Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

To have players like Dyer, Kramaric, Inler, Ulloa on the bench whilst De Laet starts would be slightly annoying.

This doesn't make any sense - as Spicer said, they play in completely different positions?

I see a lot of worrying that certain players will get a bit antsy sitting on the bench, and whilst that's true, it's bloody great to have options. We haven't had a bench this strong in years. Especially in the Premier League, players need to know that a) hard training and merit will get you into the squad but you could face a spell on the bench before that opportunity comes and b) if something's not broke don't fix it - no point in replacing Vardy/Okazaki whilst it's working.

Although I don't remember how well Okazaki played against Bournemouth, I would like to see Krama played alongside Vardy for the first half. I think he's got goals in him against a sub-par Sherwood defence.

This doesn't make any sense - as Spicer said, they play in completely different positions?

I see a lot of worrying that certain players will get a bit antsy sitting on the bench, and whilst that's true, it's bloody great to have options. We haven't had a bench this strong in years. Especially in the Premier League, players need to know that a) hard training and merit will get you into the squad but you could face a spell on the bench before that opportunity comes and b) if something's not broke don't fix it - no point in replacing Vardy/Okazaki whilst it's working.

Although I don't remember how well Okazaki played against Bournemouth, I would like to see Krama played alongside Vardy for the first half. I think he's got goals in him against a sub-par Sherwood defence.

Unless you want to see them play at RB instead of him I don't see the issue.

I think you missed my point. It can still be annoying to have a wealth of talent in other area's sitting on the bench whilst De Laet consistently makes the first eleven no matter how dreadful he is because we have no other players challenging for that position.

To have players like Dyer, Kramaric, Inler, Ulloa on the bench whilst De Laet starts would be slightly annoying.

Are you suggesting Ulloa at right-back?

Agree with those that say Inler has to start. After watching him against England he should be first name on the team-sheet. He could probably get into the England team (if he were English obviously.

Trying to pick a team for this is so difficult, but that's how it should be. Do we have a team on our hands now? 

------------------KS

----------WM--RH--MW

--------MA---NK--GI-- JS

------------------RM

--------------JV-----SO

To have the likes of Dyer, Ulloa, Kramaric, Drinkwater, King and Benalouane as options outside the starting 11 is bloody fantastic.

Are you suggesting Ulloa at right-back?

Agree with those that say Inler has to start. After watching him against England he should be first name on the team-sheet. He could probably get into the England team (if he were English obviously.

I think you missed my point. It can still be annoying to have a wealth of talent in other area's sitting on the bench whilst De Laet consistently makes the first eleven no matter how dreadful he is because we have no other players challenging for that position.

I'm glad you stated - if he were English - else I'd have had you up on that! ;)

Like ourselves they have pace about them, their left side especially might cause us problems so De Laet with Mahrez might not be a good idea. If we go 3-5-2 though I worry that Albrighton will get doubled up, crosses into our box become endless then Gestede heads home the winner.

Probably won't happen but we could easily accommodate Mahrez in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

Kante

Inler

Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy

Subs - Schwarzer, Wasilewski, Drinkwater, King, Dyer, Okazaki, Ulloa

Yes but there is also a wedding, breakfast and Sunday lunch for close family.

oh I do still get my priorities right , nothing diminishes my knowledge, Cake and Vardys Hattrick, are still going to happen

Small technical details like a days difference is totally irrelevant, other than my wife, will still not forgive me, she never has,

Forgiven me for when SHE said the YES-WORD all those years ago.

Clearly not if your daughter is getting married on a matchday weekend. Any self-respecting city fan will have raised their children to marry on an off season or an international weekend! :P

Like ourselves they have pace about them, their left side especially might cause us problems so De Laet with Mahrez might not be a good idea. If we go 3-5-2 though I worry that Albrighton will get doubled up, crosses into our box become endless then Gestede heads home the winner.

Probably won't happen but we could easily accommodate Mahrez in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

Kante

Inler

Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy

Subs - Schwarzer, Wasilewski, Drinkwater, King, Dyer, Okazaki, Ulloa

4-4-2 is the best formation to nullify their pace on the flanks as we have very quick full backs ourselves and will be doubled up on the flanks ourselves.

Huth won't have too many problems against Gestade.

Schmichael

De Laet

Schlupp

Huth

Morgan

Mahrez

Albrighton

Inler

Kante

Okazaki

Vardy

Let them worry about us.  :thumbup:

Early thoughts?

Villa are shit, their manager is a **** and so is Hutton.

Not sure about Hutton but Clark just offends me. Seems like such a tw@t whenever I see him player, whether it's against us or other teams. I hope we have his pants down on Sunday.

Archived