Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Merson Has us down for a draw - but only because he used to play for villa.

This is another big game. At the start of the season, if you looked at who the top Midlands club would be you'd have probably said Villa, but Leicester have started so well. It hasn't been a fluke. They had a great result at Bournemouth - who entered the game on the back of their great win at West Ham - and they come away with a decent point.I'm going to go for another draw here. My Villa head is making me go for the draw but, if it were my football head, I would say Leicester. Saying that, if Villa don't score first, I can't see them coming back.

Stat time

At home, the Foxes have suffered just one defeat in their nine Premier League games against Aston Villa (W4 D4).

The Villans have conceded a total of 11 goals in their last four top-tier away games (W1 L3).

Leicester have enjoyed just one win in their last five Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (D1 L3).

The two league meetings between these Midlands' sides last season produced three red cards (Matthew James for Leicester and Ciaran Clark for Villa at the King Power Stadium and the Foxes' Paul Konchesky at Villa Park).

Claudio Ranieri has averaged 1.43 points in his seven PL games against Aston Villa. Only against Man Utd, Charlton and Arsenal has he won fewer points on average (min 2 games).

The Foxes have netted a league-high three headed goals already this season, 38% of their total haul.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood's Premier League managerial win % rate has now fallen below 50% for the first time in his career (48.7%).

Winger Scott Sinclair has bagged a total of five goals in his last two games in all competitions for the Villans.

Leicester have scored 37 top-tier goals in 2015. Only Man City (52), Arsenal (40) and Chelsea (38) have netted more.

Jordan Amavi has embarked on 32 dribbles in the Premier League this season, eight more than any other player.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-trip-leicester-city-10032694

Aston Villa: A trip to Leicester City is no longer the easy three points that it used to be

lol Am I missing something?

When has it ever been an easy trip for Villa? Did they not go about a decade without beating us at all not too long ago?

Just seen the stat in the post above - 1 win in 9 PL visits. Quite the away banker that.

Stat time

At home, the Foxes have suffered just one defeat in their nine Premier League games against Aston Villa (W4 D4).

The Villans have conceded a total of 11 goals in their last four top-tier away games (W1 L3).

Leicester have enjoyed just one win in their last five Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (D1 L3).

The two league meetings between these Midlands' sides last season produced three red cards (Matthew James for Leicester and Ciaran Clark for Villa at the King Power Stadium and the Foxes' Paul Konchesky at Villa Park).

Claudio Ranieri has averaged 1.43 points in his seven PL games against Aston Villa. Only against Man Utd, Charlton and Arsenal has he won fewer points on average (min 2 games).

The Foxes have netted a league-high three headed goals already this season, 38% of their total haul.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood's Premier League managerial win % rate has now fallen below 50% for the first time in his career (48.7%).

Winger Scott Sinclair has bagged a total of five goals in his last two games in all competitions for the Villans.

Leicester have scored 37 top-tier goals in 2015. Only Man City (52), Arsenal (40) and Chelsea (38) have netted more.

Jordan Amavi has embarked on 32 dribbles in the Premier League this season, eight more than any other player.

I bet we're still down on goal difference. I will never forget that game. Absolute nightmare.

As much as I like King and Drinkwater, and they have both been great so far this season I just can't see us leaving one of if not both Kant & Inler on the bench for much longer and so I think we'll see at least one of them. Out of King and Drinkwater I would rather see Drinkwater be replaced but that's purely my personal opinion, not that he's actually done anything be to considered worth dropping.

This.

I can just see some trouble coming with them.

I hope nobody takes it out on the bins again

So now that Dyer is here... who gets bumped off of the bench? I would assume Dodoo does, but that still means that some other regular first teamer has to make way as well, unless it's Kramaric again...

Totally forgot about Dyer! Stupid internationals! lol

Leicester City v Aston Villa: Sherwood braced for traditionally feisty affair

Leicester City and Aston Villa renew rivalries this weekend in a Midlands derby that boiled over at times last season.

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has called on his side to stand up for themselves on Sunday when they make the short trip to Leicester City in the Premier League.

The Midlands rivals meet this weekend in a fixture that saw three red cards over two league games last season.

A robust challenge from Matty James on Ciaran Clark late in January's 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium sparked scenes that earned both clubs fines from the Football Association, although there were no such incidents when the sides met again in the FA Cup a month later.

Sherwood watched from the stands that day, prior to formally taking charge, as Villa won 2-1, and the former Tottenham boss would not be surprised if passions ran high again.

Idrissa Gana (hamstring), Jack Grealish (hamstring) and Adama Traore (ankle) are injury doubts, although Joleon Lescott is in contention to make his debut after arriving from West Brom on deadline day.

"We've got to stick up for ourselves but you've also got to make sure you keep 11 men on the field," said Sherwood, whose side face rivals West Brom and Birmingham City in quick succession after Sunday's outing.

"It's hard enough to win in the Premier League with 11 men, let alone 10 or nine, so we'll keep our discipline but be firm and strong.

"We'll give as good as we get. It doesn't seem like they've changed, Nigel Pearson did a great job and Claudio [Ranieri] has gone in there and picked up the reins.

"They know what they are, they're a hard-working, grafting side with a lot of quality and a lot of pace but however the game pans out, we want to be competitive."

While Villa have taken four points from as many games, Leicester were among the Premier League's form sides prior to the international break.

Amid a bright start to Ranieri's spell, Swansea City's Nathan Dyer arrived on a deadline-day loan deal, although the Italian is keen for his side to start afresh this weekend.

"It is important to start with the right mentality, we start with zero points in the Premier League on Sunday," he explained.

"I know the Aston Villa matches are very tough but all the matches are tough. Everybody has come back in very good condition. Some of them are very healthy, [Jamie] Vardy played the [England] match and secured [Euro 2016] qualification, [Christian] Fuchs too.

"[Andy] King was very close with Wales, Kasper [schmeichel] got a clean sheet for Denmark, [shinji] Okazaki scored twice for Japan. I am very happy."

Leicester City v Aston Villa: Sherwood braced for traditionally feisty affair

Leicester City and Aston Villa renew rivalries this weekend in a Midlands derby that boiled over at times last season.

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has called on his side to stand up for themselves on Sunday when they make the short trip to Leicester City in the Premier League.

The Midlands rivals meet this weekend in a fixture that saw three red cards over two league games last season.

A robust challenge from Matty James on Ciaran Clark late in January's 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium sparked scenes that earned both clubs fines from the Football Association, although there were no such incidents when the sides met again in the FA Cup a month later.

Sherwood watched from the stands that day, prior to formally taking charge, as Villa won 2-1, and the former Tottenham boss would not be surprised if passions ran high again.

Idrissa Gana (hamstring), Jack Grealish (hamstring) and Adama Traore (ankle) are injury doubts, although Joleon Lescott is in contention to make his debut after arriving from West Brom on deadline day.

"We've got to stick up for ourselves but you've also got to make sure you keep 11 men on the field," said Sherwood, whose side face rivals West Brom and Birmingham City in quick succession after Sunday's outing.

"It's hard enough to win in the Premier League with 11 men, let alone 10 or nine, so we'll keep our discipline but be firm and strong.

"We'll give as good as we get. It doesn't seem like they've changed, Nigel Pearson did a great job and Claudio [Ranieri] has gone in there and picked up the reins.

"They know what they are, they're a hard-working, grafting side with a lot of quality and a lot of pace but however the game pans out, we want to be competitive."

While Villa have taken four points from as many games, Leicester were among the Premier League's form sides prior to the international break.

Amid a bright start to Ranieri's spell, Swansea City's Nathan Dyer arrived on a deadline-day loan deal, although the Italian is keen for his side to start afresh this weekend.

"It is important to start with the right mentality, we start with zero points in the Premier League on Sunday," he explained.

"I know the Aston Villa matches are very tough but all the matches are tough. Everybody has come back in very good condition. Some of them are very healthy, [Jamie] Vardy played the [England] match and secured [Euro 2016] qualification, [Christian] Fuchs too.

"[Andy] King was very close with Wales, Kasper [schmeichel] got a clean sheet for Denmark, [shinji] Okazaki scored twice for Japan. I am very happy."

1.1 draw? We won 1.0

Villa fans are right up there when it comes to being delusional bellends.

I've started working on a secondment in a new office with Birmingham; I very rarely put my neck on the block but I said 3-1 Leicester. All I've heard all week is how wrong I am. I said you have a terrible back four and then some plonker said 'but we have Lescott now'

I reckon too many city fans, are underrating the Villa, they have descent group of pl a yers, no easy game this weekend.

We win this, it will be the best result this season, edging the W.Ham game. ( maybe an omen...simular team kit).

I don't think they've looked very good at all so faf this season. Why they persist with Agbonlahor I'll never know, dreadful footballer

Archived