Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

If Krams not on the bench or in the team and they announce no injurys, hes basically got the chop :( gutted.

Dont think hes literally had a chance to play upfront properly since hes been here without playing on his own, similar to how bad and isolated vardy was last week on his own until we changed it.

I hope they go for a 3-4-3 thing, Kram + Vardy + Shinji would be lethal

Pearson tried his hardest to get us keeping clean sheets first and then realised it was a waste of time as we don't have the players or style to do that. If Ranieri can get us to then good luck to him but if it's at the cost of us scoring enough goals to win games then he'll be a failure and miss a great opportunity to build one of the most exciting teams in the country. We won't be the best but we could be the neutrals favourites given what we have shown in the last 13 PL games.

Pearson tried his hardest to get us keeping clean sheets first and then realised it was a waste of time as we don't have the players or style to do that. If Ranieri can get us to then good luck to him but if it's at the cost of us scoring enough goals to win games then he'll be a failure and miss a great opportunity to build one of the most exciting teams in the country. We won't be the best but we could be the neutrals favourites given what we have shown in the last 13 PL games.

Nail meet head

Don't care how we play as long as we never play a negative, neutral formation ever again. We're Leicester, and our side in recent years needs to be set up to attack attack attack with pace and gile, that's when we're at our best. Yes it can resort to 'you score 3 we'll try and score 4' but imo we play better like than when we play the diamond formation etc. just attack the villa scum and they will crumble

Schmeichel

Wasly --- Huth --- Morgan

Albrighton --- Kante --- Inler --- Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy --- Okazaki

Schwarzer

Fuchs

Benalouane

Drinky

Dyer

Kramaric

Ulloa

Exactly that team and tell Mahrez to have a free role. Doesn't have to mark, just float from side to side and between the semi circle and their 18 yard box.

Vardy & Okazaki work hard enough to be able to give him a role like that.

People can wish all they like for a return to 5-3-2, ain't gonna happen until the wheels come off again.

For some reason Ranieri appears stuck with the ancient philosophy of 4-4-2. I thought he would genuinely be more flexible than that. Apparently he isn't. That will be an issue before too long.

4-4-2 against Villa. Odd goal win for either side. Should we attack like we can I'd expect a 3-2, 4-2 to us.

People, getting hung up again on formations again, with our present squad, there are a few permatations to chose from.

Also to change to during a game.Dont stress yourselves so much every week.Sit back relax and enjoy, CR also will take time and space, to try things out. How he uses the squad will be interesting, and which players ready to play the squad game.

So far, since back end of end of last season, team ethic is tops and stable.

Some see Kramaric, and Ulloa, has players not enjoying their situation, that will come out in time, but we need the odd disgruntled player, keeps and proves if their attitude matches squad ethics.

So far nobody throwing their dummies out of the pram, so no need to make up negative opinions over forums.

Villa have also made changes, and additions unlike some I dont see them struggling right at the bottom, like us will now want to prove that they are better than last season.

I do believe we are a tad better, and could well take 4 pts off them this season, but teams that do get the better of villa would know it was damn hard.

To help the dreamers like me to hope for a top 8/10 place these type of home games need to be won, I go for a well played but hard fought 3-1, a game with goals.

How people can be so disgruntled about the formation we're playing when we've already achieved 8 points and played attractive football is beyond me, you're all jokes that will either go into hiding if we win the next game or come out in Ur numbers if we lose. The fact that no one was stressing about the team whatsoever before we DREW a game (didn't lose!) and then people are concerned is laughable.

Agree.

Interesting that after the match today Howe said that our starting formation showed them a lot of respect and I wonder if that gave them confidence.

I worry sometimes about all this talk of "tactics" - which I suspect seems to involve worrying about the opposition rather than getting our own game going,

This entirely.

Just go for a win.

Anything more is mangers trying to justify their inflated salaries.

3-5-2

...............................kasper

...................was........hut........wes

....Albrighton.....Kante.....King........Schlupp

................................Mahrez

..................Vardy.....................Jap

To me with the personnel we have, it has to be 352. In this formation we WILL score goals and win our fair share of games.. If we play four at the back we will struggle. If we get a good right back in January, then we can consider using 442 in certain games.

Villa have made a shed load of signings and seem to be doing alright. Most are apparently of good quality but it's a very good time to play them as they won't have all bedded in yet.

I'm going for 2-1 to us. A bit like the West Ham game, I think we'll have too much for them early on. They'll pull one back but we'll hold out for the win. I'd like to see Inler, Kante, Vardy and Okazaki all start. I don't know if Okazaki will though: it depends if he has a game for Japan late in the week and how far away it is I guess. Dyer to come on and settle in nicely.

Surprised the amount of changes people are making and in particular those throwing Kante and Inler in together in a 2. Forget Mahrez being in front of them, 3-5-2 won't happen. King, As our best positionally and discipline wise has to play with one of those 2 or Drinkwater, (I'd probably just go for Inler), with Okazaki back up top with Vardy this works best for me. The midfield tactically first half at Bournemouth was a car crash  with King deep protecting the back 4 (which isn't his game) and Kante and DD running around in front of him, careful what you wish for in this regard in trying to squeeze all these new signings in the side.

I'd keep Mahrez and Albrighton wide but with Dyer making the bench and the asset of Jeff being free'd up last 25 mins, with Fuchs coming into LB (of course depending on how the game is going). 

Same back 4, It seems to be fashionable to bump De Laet right now but I'd keep him in as he's by far our best RB option, Bournemouth doubling up on him, Zero support from Mahrez and the fact he was right in front of the away end first half all went horribly against him last Saturday. And some of the criticism has been well over the top. 

-----------KS--------

RDL - WM - RH - JS

MA -  AK   - GI - RM

----------SO----------

----------JV----------

. I don't know if Okazaki will though: it depends if he has a game for Japan late in the week and how far away it is I guess.

His first game kicks off in 3 hours time, in Japan. Second one is in Iran (v. Afghanistan), finishes Tuesday 3pm UK time. Pretty early kick off to please Japanese TV, no doubt. The players based in Europe will probably head home straight after the game. If so, it'll be a race between Shinji and Vardy to see who gets back to Leicester first.  Either way, I imagine if they stay injury free they'll both have a day off then pitch up at training on Thursday morning raring to go for the following Sunday.

Archived