Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

His first game kicks off in 3 hours time, in Japan. Second one is in Iran (v. Afghanistan), finishes Tuesday 3pm UK time. Pretty early kick off to please Japanese TV, no doubt. The players based in Europe will probably head home straight after the game. If so, it'll be a race between Shinji and Vardy to see who gets back to Leicester first.  Either way, I imagine if they stay injury free they'll both have a day off then pitch up at training on Thursday morning raring to go for the following Sunday.

I have a feeling that Ulloa might get his first start of the season as he is will be fresh.He did not look particularly fit in pre season but deserves a start.Might soften them up and  get an early headed goal with all our wing strength.

I remember he wanted Morgan to have more of a break after his duties in the Summer and the same might apply to the other internationals

Probably Vardy of the 3  initially with Shinji and Kram on the bench

Depending on Mahrez's injury, I'd be tempted to line up 4-3-3.

Schmichael

De Laet

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Kante

Drinkwater

Inler

Schlupp

Vardy

Dyer

That is a 4-5-1 in disguise...

Are people honestly dropping Albrighton?!! He is as important as Mahrez/Vardy

Other than Sunderland he hasn't been all that great on the left (which is why I would like to see the 3-4-1-2 again, so Albrighton can play on the right).

In a 4-4-2, I'd drop Albrighton from the left and give Fuchs a start.

One thing is for certain - we need to attack them!!!

I think Ranieri will be monitoring the internationals very carefully. I can see Shinji getting a break considering the amount of air miles he will get through. 

Also, dependent on Mahrez's injury I suppose. A long 9 days now until Villa and I'm not sure now anyone could predict the starting XI.

Personally, I'd go with:

3-5-2:

Schmeichel

Wasilewski - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton -------------------------------Schlupp

Kante - King

Mahrez

Vardy - Ulloa/Okazaki

This takes full backs - our sole defensive weakness imo out of the equation and utilises Schlupp much further up the field. Win Win. Perhaps harsh to drop Drinkwater but for me Kante has to be in there and King can screen Kante allowing Kante to do the dogs work. Allow Mahrez to roam. We are far too fragile defensively down the wings in a 4-4-2 it's not even funny - playing 3-5-2 would squash that and give teams something else to think about.

One thing is for certain - we need to attack them!!!

I think Ranieri will be monitoring the internationals very carefully. I can see Shinji getting a break considering the amount of air miles he will get through. 

Also, dependent on Mahrez's injury I suppose. A long 9 days now until Villa and I'm not sure now anyone could predict the starting XI.

Personally, I'd go with:

3-5-2:

Schmeichel

Kante - King

Mahrez

Vardy - Ulloa/Okazaki

This takes full backs - our sole defensive weakness imo out of the equation and utilises Schlupp much further up the field. Win Win. Perhaps harsh to drop Drinkwater but for me Kante has to be in there and King can screen Kante allowing Kante to do the dogs work. Allow Mahrez to roam. We are far too fragile defensively down the wings in a 4-4-2 it's not even funny - playing 3-5-2 would squash that and give teams something else to think about.

This is the team for me. I agree with all the reasoning behind it.

Lets not forget some of Villas best play this season has been down the flanks also, with Sinclair and Amavi ... 3-5-2 could leave us even more exploited in that department...

Yes i would like to see 3-5-2 return but perhaps this is not the right game.. Stick with 4-4-2 for now.

The team I would like 

Schmeichel

Kante - Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy - Okazaki

The team I think it will be 

Schmeichel

De Leat - Huth - Morgan - Schlupp

Albrighton - Kante - Drinkwater - Inler - Mahrez

Vardy 

The team I would like 

Schmeichel

Kante - Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy - Okazaki

The team I think it will be 

Schmeichel

De Leat - Huth - Morgan - Schlupp

Albrighton - Kante - Drinkwater - Inler - Mahrez

Vardy 

I don't think we'll use that defensive 451 at home to Villa, especially after the 1st half at Bournemouth and the way that CR changed it at half time.  I think it will be 4411 with Inler & Kante in the middle with Shinji and Vardy.

I like the 1st formation but would like to Inler instead of Drinkwater and then Kram come on after Shinji and Vardy have ran the defence ragged. 

I don't think we'll use that defensive 451 at home to Villa, especially after the 1st half at Bournemouth and the way that CR changed it at half time.  I think it will be 4411 with Inler & Kante in the middle with Shinji and Vardy.

I like the 1st formation but would like to Inler instead of Drinkwater and then Kram come on after Shinji and Vardy have ran the defence ragged. 

Yeah hopefully the 'team I think' will not be the team the manager picks. I wondered if Ranieri will use Okazaki as an impact sub depending how much he travelled etc on international 'break'. The match being on a Sunday at least gives him an extra day to recover. I'd like to see him play but not sure Ranieri will 

Yeah hopefully the 'team I think' will not be the team the manager picks. I wondered if Ranieri will use Okazaki as an impact sub depending how much he travelled etc on international 'break'. The match being on a Sunday at least gives him an extra day to recover. I'd like to see him play but not sure Ranieri will 

It's a sign of progression that we have 3 out of 4 forwards away on international duty.  Shinji played 78 mins today.   I think Kram will start and Shinji come on if we need more fight and to cause problems. 

Should be looking for a win here but can see us making harder work of it than we ought to. Villa are looking only marginally better than last season but Adama worries me a lot.

I've got a really bad feeling about this game but I always do when we play these. Those 18 minutes in 2004 still haunt me now.

The amount of people sticking wasilewski in there team do realise he hasn't even made the bench yet this season don't they...... if he goes 3 at the back he'll stick benalouane in

But at least he's played 90 minutes in the League Cup already.

Both are usually somewhat high-risk choices, but at least with Wasilewski you know that he'll make sure not to be too clumsy in his tackles and tactical fouls.

But at least he's played 90 minutes in the League Cup already.

Both are usually somewhat high-risk choices, but at least with Wasilewski you know that he'll make sure not to be too clumsy in his tackles and tactical fouls.

Don't get me wrong if I personally had the choice was would be in my team I love the guy, but realistically there's no chance of him getting a start ahead of benalouane at the moment he's Ranieri's guy

Archived