Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Villa up next... Early thoughts?

Schmeichel

Wasly --- Huth --- Morgan

Albrighton --- Kante --- Inler --- Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy --- Okazaki

Schwarzer

Fuchs

Benalouane

Drinky

Dyer

Kramaric

Ulloa

Totally agree with this line up showing good pace a side that can beat the Vile !

I really hope we do them over big style if only just to shut up the irritating Vile fans at work,we tend to play quite well against the Vile and if we can get an early goal or two getting Vardy mahrez and albrighton to run at their defence and also get decent balls into the box think we could come away 3-0 winners with this one !!

If Krams not on the bench or in the team and they announce no injurys, hes basically got the chop :( gutted.

Dont think hes literally had a chance to play upfront properly since hes been here without playing on his own, similar to how bad and isolated vardy was last week on his own until we changed it.

Want to see Kante and Inler start.

Also want to see us back at 3-5-2 with the inclusion of Was at the back.

I can't see them doing much, I think we'll win 2-0 quite comfortably.

Schmeichel

Was Huth Wes

Albrighton Inler Kante Schlupp

Mahrez

Okazaki Vardy

Schmeichel

Was Huth Wes

Albrighton Inler Kante Schlupp

Mahrez

Ulloa Vardy

If we go for any '1' up top, the '1' HAS to be Ulloa. Vardy, is never, ever a '1'

I would love us to play 3 at the back, but I dont think the Tinkerman will, I think he will persist with 4 at the back, but I hope I am wrong. 

Can they score without Benteke?

Maybe but we can outscore them.

Go for the jugular.

Kanté and Inler to start, Vardy and Shiniji up front.

New lad on the bench to replace Mahrez in second half.

I think it's fair to say Ranieri will not be playing a back 3. It will always be 4-?-?

I think this game will begin to show the further change of emphasis from free flowing attacking play to a more disciplined defensive unit. I personally believe Claudio is all about the clean sheet and will start affecting the team to ensure this happens. Solid four at the back. Solid three in the middle. I'm sure he would rather win 1-0 rather than 5-3. Its just his way. Arguably you do not stay in the premier league unless you are solid defensively so you can't argue with his beliefs. I will just miss seeing Leicester City possibly being one of the most exciting teams to watch in the last 10-15 premier league matches

Whether this will suit Leicester only time will tell. As long as we win one way or another then I guess it doesn't really matter.    

I think it's fair to say Ranieri will not be playing a back 3. It will always be 4-?-?

I think this game will begin to show the further change of emphasis from free flowing attacking play to a more disciplined defensive unit. I personally believe Claudio is all about the clean sheet and will start affecting the team to ensure this happens. Solid four at the back. Solid three in the middle. I'm sure he would rather win 1-0 rather than 5-3. Its just his way. Arguably you do not stay in the premier league unless you are solid defensively so you can't argue with his beliefs. I will just miss seeing Leicester City possibly being one of the most exciting teams to watch in the last 10-15 premier league matches

Whether this will suit Leicester only time will tell. As long as we win one way or another then I guess it doesn't really matter.

Is this the same Ranieri who's team are currently the joint third highest goal scorers in the division?

Just saying. ..

Schmeichel

Wasly --- Huth --- Morgan

Albrighton --- Kante --- Inler --- Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy --- Okazaki

Schwarzer

Fuchs

Benalouane

Drinky

Dyer

Kramaric

Ulloa

Thats a great starting line up!

Maybe give Dyer a go instead of Schlupp for 45 mins ??

Must win game

Is this the same Ranieri who's team are currently the joint third highest goal scorers in the division?

Just saying. ..

After 4 games! You can't read into any stats like that after four games. If we had not scored four against a poor Sunderland side that could have been joint worst in the division. 

It's not a bad thing that I believe Ranieri will be more defensive in his outlook. Just merely my musings that this game will see us try to set up to keep a clean sheet. 

A must win and should win game to me. I expect Villa to be battling relegation for most of the season. The exits of Vlaar, Delph and Benteke ripped the spine out of their team from last season which is always going to have an effect. Jordan Ayew is now their main hope up front but his scoring record in France is actually very poor (31 goals in 159 league games since 2009) and I just can't see him solving Villa's goal problem. Gestede did score against Bournemouth but he will need time to adjust to the step up from the Championship. 

We certainly had a better summer transfer wise than they did and also finished above them last season. With all that in mind and the fact we are at home, I expect 3 points. With Stoke away and Arsenal at home to follow, I would hope we get this win on the board. Hopefully Claudio thinks this way too and we don't give Villa too much respect. 

Archived