Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

also everyone saying he's being judged on "one half of football" he looked ridiculously out of it against bury for 90 minutes too. bury ffs. 

like i said then and i'll say again now we've gotta let him "get up to speed" but there are some worrying signs at the moment. been here a month now and played well for switzerland, should be beginning to show signs of not being shit surely.

He played well for Switzerland because we were not pressing like villa were and he had time on the ball I would have looked good against England

You cannot judge a player on one game in the shirt. He had some nice touches and some really terrible ones but there aren't many players from abroad who could just stroll into this side and get up to speed with how we play.

Some of our best players had crap starts. Think about players like Grayson & Taggart in the 90s. Got slaughtered for weeks and then settled in & became great players over a number of years. I seem to recall a certain current England striker having a nightmare few months when he first arrived.

He needs time and he needs games, something that a lot of modern fans can't grasp.

Scouse mi old mate. You're a star but seriously is Esteban your uncle or summat?

lol

All through this thread you completely and utterly defend Cambiasso at all costs. There were games for the club (and quite a few of them) where Cambiasso was poor and looked just wrong played in a 4-4-2.

Can't you see that? You usually see most things when it comes to football.

That's all people are saying. In fact, wrongly... He actually started off well, and THEN struggled in a side that was quite dreadful for months UNTIL Pearson changed it up and gave him more support to do what he does best.

Personally, if Inler is not going to be right in a 4-4-2, then don't play him when we use that formation. Play Drinkwater, King or Kante. However, like Cambiasso, if we then decide to play a central midfield of three, then I'd have him in the side every week and twice on Sundays.

I know you loved Cambiasso but be real mate. In a 4-4-2 with ageing legs, he struggled. When given another body in the middle, he shone. That's how I saw it.

Great player who played average at best yesterday but lets give the guy a break its his first full start in the Premier League which is the quickest most physical league in the world. When coming from the Italian league which he has been in for a number of years and the tempo is very slow. Takes different players different times to adapt but i am confident he will be an aspired signing by Claudio.

:schmike:

i can't be arsed with another cambiasso debate, he was crap every now and then they all were. 

i just can't let everyone get away with "cambiasso started rubbish and got good". his first two games were sensational. he didn't start slowly at all. he started like the best player in the world. people just keep saying "cambiasso was a slow starter, inler will be fine" as if it makes them sound clever or knowledgable about footy or something. when actually cambiasso tucked his shirt in at half time away at stoke, came on and with his first touch was already the best player we've ever had. 

inler might go on to be as good, but "cambiasso started slowly"? come off it. two snippets from the match rating reports from esteban's "slow start";

Stoke Away - Esteban Cambiasso made his City debut with an excellent 45 minute introduction to English football, with his classy display earning him the highest rating. 

United Home - Once again, City’s Argentine duo of Leonardo Ulloa and Esteban Cambiasso excelled, earning some outstanding marks.

But he started slowly, like Inler. Sure. 

i can't be arsed with another cambiasso debate, he was crap every now and then they all were. 

i just can't let everyone get away with "cambiasso started rubbish and got good". his first two games were sensational. he didn't start slowly at all. he started like the best player in the world. people just keep saying "cambiasso was a slow starter, inler will be fine" as if it makes them sound clever or knowledgable about footy or something. when actually cambiasso tucked his shirt in at half time away at stoke, came on and with his first touch was already the best player we've ever had. 

inler might go on to be as good, but "cambiasso started slowly"? come off it. two snippets from the match rating reports from esteban's "slow start";

Stoke Away - Esteban Cambiasso made his City debut with an excellent 45 minute introduction to English football, with his classy display earning him the highest rating. 

United Home - Once again, City’s Argentine duo of Leonardo Ulloa and Esteban Cambiasso excelled, earning some outstanding marks.

But he started slowly, like Inler. Sure. 

But you'll have one anyway lol

Scouse mi old mate. You're a star but seriously is Esteban your uncle or summat?

lol

All through this thread you completely and utterly defend Cambiasso at all costs. There were games for the club (and quite a few of them) where Cambiasso was poor and looked just wrong played in a 4-4-2.

Can't you see that? You usually see most things when it comes to football.

That's all people are saying. In fact, wrongly... He actually started off well, and THEN struggled in a side that was quite dreadful for months UNTIL Pearson changed it up and gave him more support to do what he does best.

Personally, if Inler is not going to be right in a 4-4-2, then don't play him when we use that formation. Play Drinkwater, King or Kante. However, like Cambiasso, if we then decide to play a central midfield of three, then I'd have him in the side every week and twice on Sundays.

I know you loved Cambiasso but be real mate. In a 4-4-2 with ageing legs, he struggled. When given another body in the middle, he shone. That's how I saw it.

can't you just admit that you were wrong? Cambiasso was a ****ing godsend and we definitely wouldn't still be in this division without him. There were plenty of games in a 2 man midfield where Cambiasso ran the game.

gabby is like 99 pace m8

Sounds quick. Is this some sort of computer game rating? If so, is anyone 100? Or can you get better than 100? (if i sound like a dinosaur its because I am) 

Got to be happy really that a guy of his class cannot get in the side on form at the moment, we have come a hell of a long way in a couple of seasons, Inler is a class act but then again so are Kante,Drinkwater and King hasn't done much wrong. He will get his chance along with the likes of Krameric & ,Ulloa cannot be so bad when  a guy with a 100 or so caps and cant get in the side

Inler needs to adjust to the speed of the premier league - he will do that and you lot be eating your words

We ****ing 2nd in premier league for christ sake - Inler has contributed to that

Lets enjoy it please instead of the criticism

er no he hasnt made a contribution yet and when and if he does then he will earn my respect. At the moment he is a liability.

er no he hasnt made a contribution yet and when and if he does then he will earn my respect. At the moment he is a liability.

He's had less than 2 games total on the pitch, one of which was in the cup (which we all know doesn't count) - calling him a liability is absurd, say he's not been impressive as yet by all means, but to write him off like that is legit crazy.

I see Schlupp and De Laet - when engaged in our attacks - more as a defensive liability as opposed to Inler.

Also, judging a player after 75 minutes of total playing time is somewhat odd - or how about his ten minutes against Spurs? Do you have nothing good to say about that at all?

You label him a "liability" based on 65 minutes on the pitch, 45 of which were shared with nine teammates who couldn't put the right foot either.

He's had less than 2 games total on the pitch, one of which was in the cup (which we all know doesn't count) - calling him a liability is absurd, say he's not been impressive as yet by all means, but to write him off like that is legit crazy.

ok yes you are right liability is a bit strong. I was extremely disapointed with his performance yesterday. It was his stage to really prove his worth and he completely blew it. He was poor on another level. Look at the difference when Kante came on, tackles, movement, passing, box to box, energy, and above all passion. Inler didnt display any of these qualities in fact was completely absent for all of his time on the pitch and doesnt look suited to the premier league.

Archived