Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

Indeed we are but many of us fear the 442 bubble will burst. With 352 our options seem more flexible and we appear more solid at the back - a number of clean sheets.

As for anyone writing off Inler, that is just utter nonsense. He is quality but the Prem is a different beast. How often do we see good players come into top EPL teams and struggle for half a season or more? They don't get written off immediately.

Patience..........fear and anger lead to the Dark Side - just ask a few Villa fans.

I've referred to him elsewhere. He's clearly skillful but he seems something of an antidote to the pace and passion that makes up the character of our team.

Kante and Dyer seem to have that energy but Inler is so laid back the team falls asleep. For me his major weaknesses ares that he doesn't pass the ball quickly enough and doesn't make the runs nececessary to play the quick pass and move football that can make us so dangerous. 

He's all the while looking for the long pass, a sure sign that he doesn't relish pass and move. Yes, he did some good things in breaking up some of Villas attacks but he didn't relish tracking the runners much and too many of his passes were either risky or didn't find their mark.

Will need to do much better to merit his place because Kante looks a gem...and King's efficiency was sorely missed, especially in the first half.      

I've referred to him elsewhere. He's clearly skillful but he seems something of an antidote to the pace and passion that makes up the character of our team.

Kante and Dyer seem to have that energy but Inler is so laid back the team falls asleep. For me his major weaknesses ares that he doesn't pass the ball quickly enough and doesn't make the runs nececessary to play the quick pass and move football that can make us so dangerous.

He's all the while looking for the long pass, a sure sign that he doesn't relish pass and move. Yes, he did some good things in breaking up some of Villas attacks but he didn't relish tracking the runners much and too many of his passes were either risky or didn't find their mark.

Will need to do much better to merit his place because Kante looks a gem...and King's efficiency was sorely missed, especially in the first half.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

From what I've seen and what I know - which isn't very much - my biggest question would be whether he's the right sort of player for a side like Leicester. I suspect he'll need to learn to muck in a bit more, improve his fitness, close players down properly, but that's not to say he won't. Plenty of players struggle at first, as we all know, though you tend to hope that a 31 year-old who has supposedly excelled at the highest level - even if it's been in a different sort of league - won't take too long. When I think of the veteran signings, over time, who have done well for us, they have tended to adapt and fit in quickly. That goes for the likes of Speedie, Deane to an extent, McKinlay also to an extent, Wasilewski, Cambiasso and Huth to a far greater extent, but there have been exceptions. Cottee springs to mind.

The biggest problem will be, I suppose, if we keep hearing him say he's ready for the team when he clearly isn't. If he's self-critical and willing to bide his time then he'll give himself a much better chance. It was a tough game and, yes, he was very poor but there were still some promising signs in there.

Good players don't need a rigid system as they can adjust according to how the game is going. So I wouldn't be getting too hung up on how we set up.

It's a bit harsh for some on here to be judging Inler after one game. Give the lad a chance, He's moving to new country new League and new team mates. He needs to be allowed the time to adjust before judging him.

Personally I though he done ok yesterday. He showed for the Ball a lot and seemed to work well with Drinkwater. Yes he made some loose passes but so did others. We weren't at the game first half probably due to the International break. I hate them.

I think he'll turn out to be a good signing for us along with Kante. 

Could see his class with his first touch, positioning and some of his passing. He clearly needs to adapt to the pace of the league though as he looked awkward at times, I imagine by the end of October he will be up and running properly and we will see what a class act he is.

Is he left or right footed? I always thought right, but he seemed to make loads of passes with his left foot yesterday.

also everyone saying he's being judged on "one half of football" he looked ridiculously out of it against bury for 90 minutes too. bury ffs. 

like i said then and i'll say again now we've gotta let him "get up to speed" but there are some worrying signs at the moment. been here a month now and played well for switzerland, should be beginning to show signs of not being shit surely. 

I thought Inler was in perfect position for much of his time, in the pitch, even if some of his passing was wayward. He did well, considering he played with DD vs 3 Villa CMs.

I feel like Inler's a smart player and he will be a valuable part of our team in time. But I have a real problem with how he tracked down our right flank on Villa's second goal and feel he deserves a lot of blame for that (even if Gil wound up scoring on a sublime shot). I don't care how tired you are--get on your ****ing bike and get your ass over to defend.

No, wait, I do care how tired he was--because he's been speaking a lot lately about wanting and being ready to start. Well, if you want to start, you'd better be able to play a 90 minute game, and Inler clearly wasn't.

people already getting on his back after starting his first perm game  :blink:. anyways i think next game we'll see him start in the centre of midfield in a 433, with kante the left and drinkwater to the right of him. hopefully it'll bring the best out of him.

Criticising, people are criticising.

I get bored of this wilful conflation of honest, justified criticism of a player's performance with moaning or attacking them.

I thought Inler played poorly yesterday - I don't think this because I'm reactionary and like to get angry at players, I think this because he gave the ball away regularly, often in silly positions. This doesn't mean I'm writing him off either, I expect him to be fantastic for us. I just don't think he ought to be in the team at present.

people already getting on his back after starting his first perm game  :blink:. anyways i think next game we'll see him start in the centre of midfield in a 433, with kante the left and drinkwater to the right of him. hopefully it'll bring the best out of him.

Sticking EC in the middle and shoving DD to the right co incided with our dreadful run last season. Danny is doing well in the centre of midfield so leave him there. Either as a three with kante and Inler or as a two with whichever is suited to the fixture.

Archived