Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

Looked a bit off the pace, i was disappointed with his performance but I was for the other 10 for that first hour too. He'll come good. You don't play at the level he has for all those years without being a quality footballer. Give him time. Kante changed the game, the tempo increased and he wins so many second balls. A right little pocket rocket.

One thing. Can people stop saying it took Cambiasso time to settle. His debut was away at Stoke when he came on at half time. He was quality. His second game was Man U at home. Remember that?

This guy is quality, you can see that in a lot of his work however he had a poor game today. He did well against England where the pace was slower. I thought he should have been subbed at half time, and he went awol for Villa's second by failing to track and challenge Agbonlahor.

Light and shadow from him today for me personally.

I think he did very well at intercepting passes and putting his body in where it hurts most. Some of his long balls were also quite good - he's got great vision. What he struggles with is composure when put under pressure by the opposition in a league that puts so much emphasis on quick decisions (unlike the game played in Italy).

Some of his short passes were really terrible, but just like the others I surely won't write him off after his first PL start ever.

The point is again, I'm afraid, being missed.

It's not about Esteban Cambiasso or Gokhan Inler, as individual players. It's always been about where they can fit into Premiership football.

Premiership football is quick. Rapid in fact. It's all about getting the ball forward quickly. Fast tempo, giving the opposition no time. A direct comparison can be made with 'Continental football'. This is generally about 'bursts' of pace, slower tempo, build up then bang!......quickness.

This is put very simplistically of course.

Despite all the immense spaffing over Cambiasso, the reality is that he was pretty much an ever-present in a City team that went on one of its worst runs in recent living memory. Something like 17 games without winning? Apologies if that's not quite correct.

Today's first half was reminiscent of many of those games in which Cambiasso was played in a 4-4-2 for City...big wide holes being left between midfield and defence, goals being conceded at will and basically, trouble. It was only when Ranieri, quite rightly, took Inler off today and replaced him with 'speed' that the game changed. In today's case, the whole outlook of the game. It saw a dramatic improvement and upturn in our tempo and goal threat.

Cambiasso didn't work well in a 4-4-2. His legs were going. Plain as day for me. Although the majority didn't agree. When he was given support and time to to what he did best (to dictate the tempo of games) he looked a different player IMO.

I wonder whether the same will be true of Inler.......? For all the nice touches and vision his game brings, you simply cannot overstate the crucial importance that fitness, speed and athleticism has in contemporary Premiership midfields. Being a 'classy player' doesn't cut it anymore. The Prem requires 'classy with pace and strength'. It's moved on.

Whether Inler can get fitter and quicker (I couldn't quite believe how slow he looked when trying to get back for Villa's second goal) is debatable. Fair play, he's only played one Premiership game. But Pearson's best bit of Premiership management came with finally finding a style of play that suited our players the best. None moreso than Cambiasso who, in my opinion, flourished in the team when given support by others in his defensive duties. It could well be that Ranieri will have to 'tinker' a little with our formation in order to get the best out of Inler OR, leave him out of the side if choosing a 4-4-2. Today, despite the little touches of class, he and us were opened up time and time again in that first half and we haven't seen that from a City side for a long time now.

The point is again, I'm afraid, being missed.

It's not about Esteban Cambiasso or Gokhan Inler, as individual players. It's always been about where they can fit into Premiership football.

Premiership football is quick. Rapid in fact. It's all about getting the ball forward quickly. Fast tempo, giving the opposition no time. A direct comparison can be made with 'Continental football'. This is generally about 'bursts' of pace, slower tempo, build up then bang!......quickness.

This is put very simplistically of course.

Despite all the immense spaffing over Cambiasso, the reality is that he was pretty much an ever-present in a City team that went on one of its worst runs in recent living memory. Something like 17 games without winning? Apologies if that's not quite correct.

Today's first half was reminiscent of many of those games in which Cambiasso was played in a 4-4-2 for City...big wide holes being left between midfield and defence, goals being conceded at will and basically, trouble. It was only when Ranieri, quite rightly, took Inler off today and replaced him with 'speed' that the game changed. In today's case, the whole outlook of the game. It saw a dramatic improvement and upturn in our tempo and goal threat.

Cambiasso didn't work well in a 4-4-2. His legs were going. Plain as day for me. Although the majority didn't agree. When he was given support and time to to what he did best (to dictate the tempo of games) he looked a different player IMO.

I wonder whether the same will be true of Inler.......? For all the nice touches and vision his game brings, you simply cannot overstate the crucial importance that fitness, speed and athleticism has in contemporary Premiership midfields. Being a 'classy player' doesn't cut it anymore. The Prem requires 'classy with pace and strength'. It's moved on.

Whether Inler can get fitter and quicker (I couldn't quite believe how slow he looked when trying to get back for Villa's second goal) is debatable. Fair play, he's only played one Premiership game. But Pearson's best bit of Premiership management came with finally finding a style of play that suited our players the best. None moreso than Cambiasso who, in my opinion, flourished in the team when given support by others in his defensive duties. It could well be that Ranieri will have to 'tinker' a little with our formation in order to get the best out of Inler OR, leave him out of the side if choosing a 4-4-2. Today, despite the little touches of class, he and us were opened up time and time again in that first half and we haven't seen that from a City side for a long time now.

Here we go...

lol

A lot of people being quite harsh here. He'll need time to adapt, he was playing balls to players that weren't suited for them, but that knowledge of team mates will come with time.

He did give it away a lot today, but he did some very good things also. Everyone was wasteful today in the first half, not just him.

Cambiasso was the same last season, he was quite wasteful earlier in the season but over time he began to understand his teammates and the pace of the league better.

Give him time, he'll be pivotal for us.

Laughable that people are judging him on 60mins. I actually thought he was OK too, played some nice passes. He didn't look quite on the pace but that is to be expected as the Premiership is known for being a much faster game than other leagues. He will adapt and he will come good i think. Drinkwater had better tempo but still made some typical errors. Kante should start next game though

I loved Cambiasso more than what was probably healthy, but it's worth remembering that he played in a load of our terrible performances and defeats last season. It'll take some time for Inler to get up to the pace but he's shown enough touches of class to convince me that'll be a good player for us.

What is clear is that Kante has to play every single game he is elligible for. Looks a top player, dynamic and super sharp.

Welcome to the world of Foxestalk, where an 84 cap international captain is written off as garbage after 60 mins.

He was a class act for Switzerland in midweek, he is still getting up to full fitness, and things didnt quite click for him today.

Give the guy a chance, hes a classy performer.

He wasn't great but I honestly don't think he was as bad as most people are saying.

He needs to adapt to the pace of the Premier League and I'm sure he will. You can see the raw quality he has with some of his long balls today. Give him time and I'm confident he will come good.

That said, Kante and Drinkwater have to start at Stoke. Both superb today

Anyone who is writing him off is a complete berk.

He had moments of quality but was generally off the pace which is understandable considering the pace of a Premier League game.

Agree that Kante is the man though. Looks a superb player.

Welcome to the world of Foxestalk, where an 84 cap international captain is written off as garbage after 60 mins.

He was a class act for Switzerland in midweek, he is still getting up to full fitness, and things didnt quite click for him today.

Give the guy a chance, hes a classy performer.

85 caps. :D

Archived