Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

He's been disapointing so far, no doubt about it. However, you can see the hallmarks of a class player if he can adapt to the pace of the Premier League. My main worry with him is that he takes too long on the ball and expects more of a slower and patient build-up style of game like in Serie A. This was for my mind the most impressive thing about Cambiasso - he modified his game really quickly and despite his age rarely looked overrun by managing his own workrate during the 90 minutes.

I would like to see Ranieri start at Stoke with the same team that finshed today but I think he will persevere with Inler, because if he's given enough of a run in the team, he could end up being a vital player.

But right now I'd rather Kante start who has been amazing every time I've seen him. He makes so many tackles and helps the team get going!

Laughable that people are judging him on 60mins. I actually thought he was OK too, played some nice passes. He didn't look quite on the pace but that is to be expected as the Premiership is known for being a much faster game than other leagues. He will adapt and he will come good i think. Drinkwater had better tempo but still made some typical errors. Kante should start next game though

Fair post.

Agree, next week the Kante must start. He won so many tackles, he must be a nightmare for the opposition midfield. Inler will come good. Clearly a very good player, just needs to get up to speed of premier league football. It's not the pedestrian euro qualifiers standard.

We are away, so my preference, would still be starting with Inler, Kante, DD. Okazaki, and ALbrighton on the bench.

Use the squad. The front 3 then one can discuss...Vardy , Ulloa, with Mahrez in the hole.???

Though to be honest, IMO Claudio has a blank cheque, his selections so far, one cant criticise.

ITS still early season, he needs to get to know his 1st 15, and formations that are available, and capable,

He learnt today the, guys from the bench, can do the job.He can tinker he can experiment, hes confessed he doesnt want to change the ethic or Spirit within the group, So go forth our little Italian.

Looks a bit off the pace to me, but what I think people need to remember is that the pace of the Italian game (which he's played in for years) is totally different to the pace in England. He makes a lot of passes that in my opinion would be coming off in Serie A, but they aren't here. I think as he adapts he'll become an asset for us but he needs a bit more time.

Exactly. Its a settling in process.

The whole team was below par for 45 mins and had just started coming back into the game after the break. He still needs minutes, hes not had a preseason with us and is still finding his feet with new team mates. It doesnt happen over night.

Same for those who are writing Benalouane off too soon too, just because these players havent had the instant impacts of the likes of Okazaki and Kante straight away doesnt make them useless. Lets give them some time.

Let's not write him off just yet. Fair enough he didn't have the best of games but it was always going to take a while for him to settle in a new league, even as an experienced player. 

Let's just enjoy what is happening at the club at the moment and appreciate we have the options in midfield who can come on and make an impact like Kante did today.

Laughable that people are judging him on 60mins. I actually thought he was OK too, played some nice passes. He didn't look quite on the pace but that is to be expected as the Premiership is known for being a much faster game than other leagues. He will adapt and he will come good i think. Drinkwater had better tempo but still made some typical errors. Kante should start next game though

He was shit for Napoli in his last 2 seasons. If he wasn't i'd agree but there's a reason he was sold to us.

I loved Cambiasso more than what was probably healthy, but it's worth remembering that he played in a load of our terrible performances and defeats last season. It'll take some time for Inler to get up to the pace but he's shown enough touches of class to convince me that'll be a good player for us.

What is clear is that Kante has to play every single game he is elligible for. Looks a top player, dynamic and super sharp.

This X1000! 

I thought Cambi looked pretty shocking until around QPR away.   

I thought Inler showed some decent touches and broke play up well, but as expected the pace and intensity of the game did catch him out on occasions. For me he showed more than enough to demonstrate that in time he will be an astute signing but that he will need time to adjust to the pace of the premier league.

He was shit for Napoli in his last 2 seasons. If he wasn't i'd agree but there's a reason he was sold to us.

If this is true then it is down to himself to prove the doubters wrong, somewhat like Cambiasso did (although he was not perceived as shit).

He had a turbulent 2014/2015 campaign due to Benitez' rotation, gnawing on his confidence. And some of his performances weren't up to his regular standard, but he was nowhere near being "shit" for two entire seasons.

Hopefully he will start with Kante because we are away next week so ideally we need to start pressing from the start. Inler has alot of quality and you can see he will pick out some vital passes but he just needs to pick up the pace. Cambiasso was the same when he initially started but he managed to control the pace at times. Either way I think if Inler or Kante starts we still have a good alternative to come on as a sub. We have enough depth in the team now which is geat!

Scan see Inler Kante and Drinky starting at Stoke in a 3-5-2....... We simply have better players than we used to ......we are second, witnessed one of the best fight backs ever, unbeaten , lost one in sixteen......and guess what...we are still critical......

We aren't going to play 3-5-2. Ranieri clearly doesn't like it.... and, well we're second in the league despite everyone on here constantly saying we need to play 3-5-2.

Archived