Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

Guest bennytwohats

Oh come on.. you think mid table teams in Italy could even think to get their hands on Shakiri, Payet, Inler & Ayew to name a few.

Both the Milan clubs are mid-table Italy teams these days which I'm pretty sure are still a huge draw for most players. Bigger than clubs like Stoke, West Ham, Leicester and Swansea anyway!

Both the Milan clubs are mid-table Italy teams these days which I'm pretty sure are still a huge draw for most players. Bigger than clubs like Stoke, West Ham, Leicester and Swansea anyway!

Inter Milan a mid table club? What drugs having you been sniffing?

Bit like a car analogy. I've got a perfectly good Renault Modus that gets me to work every day. But if I was offered a Ferrari that just needed a bit of a tune up.......Substitute King and Inler there, and you get my point

I think you make my point really. Is Inler a 'Ferrari' needing a bit of a tune-up?

I ask again (genuine question) is he so good that we absolutely must include him each week in our first team? For me a Ferrari (even an older one) implies absolute top notch.

And to liken King to a Renault Modus is a bit harsh! lol

Ric Flair makes some great points in this thread and I tend to agree with him mostly.

I reiterate it's not about whether Inler is an accomplished player or not. He is. End of debate.

It's about whether he will 'fit' in the breakneck speed of the Premiership and whether he will fit with our style of play.

I wouldn't want to see us slowing our play down to accommodate one man.

We'll see.

We dominated the entirety of the second half. He was part of that. The problem that he faces is that Drinkwater is in excellent form and Kante looks a super little player. Without doubt he is a good player but he may have to wait for his chance due to the excellent competition.

dunno, but we can't go to places like stoke away or play arsenal at home carrying someone who, on his two performances so far has been at best a passenger, and at worst actively positively contributing for the opposition. 

I think you're being overly harsh here.

He's had 75 minutes of PL action spread over two games yet and already people are jumping to conclusions from what little they've seen from Inler. lol

He gave maybe three passes away on Sunday, but had as many successful long balls hit to either flank. And his "roaming" ability in the centre of the park is a joy to the eye of the beholder. His positioning there is excellent (hence why he got a little found out covering for De Laet/Mahrez on the right), he's a fair tackler (and not a drawer for cards) and highly apt at anticipating opposing movement - he'll go down as one of the best interceptors in the club's history. That's my bet.

But all of those things that he does are on the unspectacular side. I suppose too many people are expecting something else. He can do it, but I don't see Inler as a show-off on the pitch. He usually goes about his business quietly, just like any other competent central (defensive) midfielder.

I think you're being overly harsh here.

He's had 75 minutes of PL action spread over two games yet and already people are jumping to conclusions from what little they've seen from Inler. lol

He gave maybe three passes away on Sunday, but had as many successful long balls hit to either flank. And his "roaming" ability in the centre of the park is a joy to the eye of the beholder. His positioning there is excellent (hence why he got a little found out covering for De Laet/Mahrez on the right), he's a fair tackler (and not a drawer for cards) and highly apt at anticipating opposing movement - he'll go down as one of the best interceptors in the club's history. That's my bet.

But all of those things that he does are on the unspectacular side. I suppose too many people are expecting something else. He can do it, but I don't see Inler as a show-off on the pitch. He usually goes about his business quietly, just like any other competent central (defensive) midfielder.

That's how I see it as well, put in a few decent interceptions in the first half, as long as gets up to speed he'll be an improvement on what we currently have.

Part of the next step up I hope.

dunno, but we can't go to places like stoke away or play arsenal at home carrying someone who, on his two performances so far has been at best a passenger, and at worst actively positively contributing for the opposition.

Scouse Fox good post and agree 100%.

Maybe you want to watch the game again.

Because either Inler got subbed at the 64-minute mark or he must've had a very talented doppelganger on the pitch in the second half.

Right after he ran out of gas on Villa's 2nd goal. When he said he was ready to start, he might have underestimated how active he'll have to be in this league. He's still not completely match fit, if that play is any indication, so I'm not too worried about any negatives to his play so far.

Oh come on.. you think mid table teams in Italy could even think to get their hands on Shakiri, Payet, Inler & Ayew to name a few.

Well Inler has played mid table in Italy for a decent proportion of his career and Shaqiri was clearly going to take a step down from europes bigger hitters after struggling for pitch time..... but that's not really the point I was making. The league,  despite the money involved in it and the big names. clearly isn't holding up against the rest of Europe as well as it was when we regualarly getting teams into the latter stages if European competition, a team is a lot more than the some of it's parts.

Archived