Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

ok yes you are right liability is a bit strong. I was extremely disapointed with his performance yesterday. It was his stage to really prove his worth and he completely blew it. He was poor on another level. Look at the difference when Kante came on, tackles, movement, passing, box to box, energy, and above all passion. Inler didnt display any of these qualities in fact was completely absent for all of his time on the pitch and doesnt look suited to the premier league.

He looked off the pace, nothing more - and the pace between the premiership and serie A is quite a wide gap; even Cambiasso took a while to bridge it (a great first two games granted, but after that it was mid-November before he really started to get going).

I see Schlupp and De Laet - when engaged in our attacks - more as a defensive liability as opposed to Inler.

Also, judging a player after 75 minutes of total playing time is somewhat odd - or how about his ten minutes against Spurs? Do you have nothing good to say about that at all?

You label him a "liability" based on 65 minutes on the pitch, 45 of which were shared with nine teammates who couldn't put the right foot either.

Your first point is totally invalid... 'when attacking' and 'defensive liability', well there is a slight risk in leaving yourself when you attack, something which Inler seemed to have no interest in doing on Saturday.

In all of his appearances he has looked slow, unfit and off the pace. He has had no interest in driving forward with the ball, pulling opposition players out, playing one-twos. All that he seems to want to do is ping the hollywood 40-yard cross field ball. His intensity off the ball was poor, and I will state this again, his efforts at closing down Agbonlahor before the second goal were pathetic. Ok, Agbonlahor is quick and he might not have had the ability to go toe-to-toe to him, but he could have done enough to force him into the corner which would have prevented that goal. 

To your final point, the tempo and intensity he was setting was what made him a liability and the introduction of a hungry Kante was the complete contrast of how Inler set out to play.

The jury is out but he can't keep up this Italian style of play that he is used, mouth off all week to the media hyping himself up and then put in bullshit performances like that.

He had a turbulent 2014/2015 campaign due to Benitez' rotation, gnawing on his confidence. And some of his performances weren't up to his regular standard, but he was nowhere near being "shit" for two entire seasons.

And that was in Serie A.. sometimes you just lose the hunger and at 31 it's hard to get it back. Drinkwater, King & Kante still have lots to prove and honestly you can see it on the pitch.

He played well for Switzerland because we were not pressing like villa were and he had time on the ball I would have looked good against England

Nah not having that one bit. Up until the Kane goal, he was controlling the tempo of the game and I dont think he hardly misplaced a pass.

Switzerland were playing pass and move football, one and two touch. Go and press the ball too eagerly in that scenario your team shape will be cut to ruins.

Your first point is totally invalid... 'when attacking' and 'defensive liability', well there is a slight risk in leaving yourself when you attack, something which Inler seemed to have no interest in doing on Saturday.

In all of his appearances he has looked slow, unfit and off the pace. He has had no interest in driving forward with the ball, pulling opposition players out, playing one-twos. All that he seems to want to do is ping the hollywood 40-yard cross field ball. His intensity off the ball was poor, and I will state this again, his efforts at closing down Agbonlahor before the second goal were pathetic. Ok, Agbonlahor is quick and he might not have had the ability to go toe-to-toe to him, but he could have done enough to force him into the corner which would have prevented that goal. 

To your final point, the tempo and intensity he was setting was what made him a liability and the introduction of a hungry Kante was the complete contrast of how Inler set out to play.

The jury is out but he can't keep up this Italian style of play that he is used, mouth off all week to the media hyping himself up and then put in bullshit performances like that.

When Schlupp or De Laet march forward, there needs to be cover. And Inler has to learn that lesson - but not just him. From what I recall, he did chase after Agbonlahor as good as he could. But as you've said yourself, one of Agbonlahor's main assets is his speed, so I thought he did rather well. I was more disappointed in the lack of cover in the centre, where Gil positioned himself. No one seemingly chased after him, our centre-backs didn't close in fast enough and then he curls it in with such finesse...

Inler has had three appearances so far. His debut against Spurs was a promising start, although I wouldn't read too much into ten minutes of matchday practice alone. He arguably had a very decent first half against Bury in the cup, then disappeared for the second half.

His full club debut was a shaky affair and the timing of his short passes needs adjusting, he gave it to the opposition too often. But in general, his general effort, his long balls, his defending in one-on-one situation was very good. I don't think playing in a 4-4-2 particularly helped his cause, as he prefers it as a CDM-to-CM in a 4-2-3-1 or as the central centre midfielder in a 4-3-3 (just like with Switzerland lately).

To end this post, where and how is he hyping himself up in the media and mouthing off exactly and how was that a "bullshit" performance?

And that was in Serie A.. sometimes you just lose the hunger and at 31 it's hard to get it back. Drinkwater, King & Kante still have lots to prove and honestly you can see it on the pitch.

We are not talking hunger or desire here, it's being irritated by a system of rotation where you get a sense that the manager changes formation radically as he sees fit.

I believe Inler was expecting more playing time in the league last season and the lack of faith in stability must've been a downer.

At least he got to feature regularly in the Europa League.

In the end, it just didn't work out on a club level. Napoli and their fans were left with nothing - no league title, no Coppa Italia, no Champions League and an ultimately disappointing Europa League campaign, where they lost out to a Dnipro that had a couple of things going for them that Napoli (under Benitez) were desperately chasing after for so long: team and fighting spirit.

Let's not forget that Drinkwater's endured a spell on the sidelines and that he had to face a lot of criticism for a period in his career where he didn't perform up to his own standard. Kudos to him for finding back to a positive approach to the game.

I wish people would be just as patient with new arrivals as they are with longer-serving team members.

I'd also say that it's somewhat unfair to compare a 31-year old boasting an impressive 150+ games in his past three seasons with both Napoli and Switzerland to a 24-year old with about a hundred in the same period.

That much involvement automatically takes its toll on freshness and fitness - at least in my eyes. And Kanté and Inler are two different kinds of central midfielders as far as their style is concerned, anyway. And both will complement each other nicely in the weeks and months to come.

We are not talking hunger or desire here, it's being irritated by a system of rotation where you get a sense that the manager changes formation radically as he sees fit.

I believe Inler was expecting more playing time in the league last season and the lack of faith in stability must've been a downer.

At least he got to feature regularly in the Europa League.

In the end, it just didn't work out on a club level. Napoli and their fans were left with nothing - no league title, no Coppa Italia, no Champions League and an ultimately disappointing Europa League campaign, where they lost out to a Dnipro that had a couple of things going for them that Napoli (under Benitez) were desperately chasing after for so long: team and fighting spirit.

Let's not forget that Drinkwater's endured a spell on the sidelines and that he had to face a lot of criticism for a period in his career where he didn't perform up to his own standard. Kudos to him for finding back to a positive approach to the game.

I wish people would be just as patient with new arrivals as they are with longer-serving team members.

I'd also say that it's somewhat unfair to compare a 31-year old boasting an impressive 150+ games in his past three seasons with both Napoli and Switzerland to a 24-year old with about a hundred in the same period.

That much involvement automatically takes its toll on freshness and fitness - at least in my eyes. And Kanté and Inler are two different kinds of central midfielders as far as their style is concerned, anyway. And both will complement each other nicely in the weeks and months to come.

I think Drinkwater took a while to get used to the step up but looks great now.

Well we're only going to find out if he can get back to his best or not but on current form I'd go with Kante and Drinkwater but it's all opinion. I'd love him to be great for us but who knows.

Alot of posters on this thread, will again be helping the cosmetic industry, and omlette outlets at the end of the season.

Again like last season, they still carry on picking on individual players, before their city career begins or not played 90 mins in the PL.

I can only believe they are so ugly, they love egg on their faces, to cover their gormlous unexpressionless mugs.

This Inler thread has been kidnapped by groupies of Victor Meldrew.

so much twaddle, not even the farm animals could produce so much Bullsh#t.

This is where this forum trips into the gutters, its not banter, but a sickness.

Alot of posters on this thread, will again be helping the cosmetic industry, and omlette outlets at the end of the season.

Again like last season, they still carry on picking on individual players, before their city career begins or not played 90 mins in the PL.

I can only believe they are so ugly, they love egg on their faces, to cover their gormlous unexpressionless mugs.

This Inler thread has been kidnapped by groupies of Victor Meldrew.

so much twaddle, not even the farm animals could produce so much Bullsh#t.

This is where this forum trips into the gutters, its not banter, but a sickness.

So we aren't allowed to have opinions on the players brought in to our club based on previous performances (in a weaker league) and express them on a 'Leicester City Fan Forum'?

So we aren't allowed to have opinions on the players brought in to our club based on previous performances (in a weaker league) and express them on a 'Leicester City Fan Forum'?

Not after split 90 minute showings, its not an opinion, its a total lack of footballing logic..including also the over the top positive

comments....but thanks for replying Victor.

I've referred to him elsewhere. He's clearly skillful but he seems something of an antidote to the pace and passion that makes up the character of our team.

Kante and Dyer seem to have that energy but Inler is so laid back the team falls asleep. For me his major weaknesses ares that he doesn't pass the ball quickly enough and doesn't make the runs nececessary to play the quick pass and move football that can make us so dangerous. 

He's all the while looking for the long pass, a sure sign that he doesn't relish pass and move. Yes, he did some good things in breaking up some of Villas attacks but he didn't relish tracking the runners much and too many of his passes were either risky or didn't find their mark.

Will need to do much better to merit his place because Kante looks a gem...and King's efficiency was sorely missed, especially in the first half.      

If anyone recorded the match on Sky there's a moment just before the 17 minute mark on the clock when he's marking a Villa player near the touchline and there's a give and go and he doesn't track the runner leaving Huth to come to the right back position as De Laet is marking the other player.

I was screaming at him at the time as it was so obvious what was going to happen even I read the situation before the ball was played.

It's not necessarily a bad thing for us to have a "quarterback" type player in midfield who always retains possession and picks out defence splitting passes but you'd better be as good as Pirlo in his pomp if you think you're going to do that here without putting a shift in doing the ugly side of the game.

top post!!☺

He will need to find form very quickly now. We have players who have proved themselves already who were left out for him on Saturday. If the gaffer is going to take risks like that then the player needs to perform. Many more perforce like the one on Saturday with the gaffer still choosing him could lead to some disgruntled players on the wings.

If I was king I would have been furious. Seeing someone literally picked on name ahead of me after I had performed so well earlier. Even kante must have been frustrated after doing really well as a sub in many games already.

Inler has a lot to prove and he needs to do it quickly. I hope he can, he needs to adjust his game quite dramatically though. At international level he looked really good, I guess that's the difference in tempo showing.

People are forgetting themselves here...We need Inler to be a success.We pinged Inler we spent decent money for him,

next to Kante he could well complete the needed puzzle.

Mahrez, Vardy could be the shining lights, but we need a couple of diamonds in Midfield.

Inler needs to adapt to the pace of the Premier league. It may well take him a few games on Sundays evidence.

Clearly he has class, can pass, won a few tackles, talks to his team mates. But he was a bit sloppy, failed to track runners a few times and generally seemed a yard off the pace.

Hopefully our sports science guys will improve his fitness and game time will sharpen him quickly.

Showed enough to prove he can be important to us but I wouldn't start him against Stoke.

For me it was like he was trying too hard to impress. Picking the wrong passes at the wrong time when he had other options imo.

We've got to give him time. We can't expect any foreign player to hit the ground running without getting upto speed in what is a very quick, competitive league.

For me it was like he was trying too hard to impress. Picking the wrong passes at the wrong time when he had other options imo.

We've got to give him time. We can't expect any foreign player to hit the ground running without getting upto speed in what is a very quick, competitive league.

What, like Okazaki you mean? I suppose he's gone off the boil recently, but what a start he had.

What, like Okazaki you mean? I suppose he's gone off the boil recently, but what a start he had.

Okazaki has looked a very good footballer since moving here but still he needs to adapt. He's seems to have found his feet pretty quickly but he has been around the team a little longer than Inler which no doubt helps.

Cambiasso took a while to get up to the speed of the prem remember. He needs time to adjust from serie a

Yeah, it's a big difference in pace, so we need to give him time to get used to it before we (unfairly) compare him to Cambiasso.

Archived