Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

I remember seeing a picture in the helicopter with Mahrez doing a selfie and another giving it large. Kante was in the corner trying to read a book! The man is a gentleman's assassin of the football world. He's intellectual property and soooo humble with it. I do love him so.

At the moment I thin I'd pick Kante over Lennon at his Peak, that's as big a compliment I can give the bloke as Lennon was bloody outstanding for us.

Totally Babs, Lennon was outstanding but in a 3 and more of a plodder, nowhere near the engine or speed of Kante I feel.

I've been watching City for 60 years now, and I have to say that, of his type, he is probably the best midfielder I've seen. Someone mentioned Lennon, N'Golo is light years ahead. Neil, bless him, was effective, businesslike and super efficient. N'Golo just makes me laugh out loud. He's like a puppy fetching a stick. You throw it, he gets it back, no matter where it goes. Unlike the puppy though, he knows what to do with it once he has it. My player of the season by a mile, sorry Jamie/Riyad, you two are brilliant, but Golo is from another galaxy. Thats why he's my 'Star Man' (Bowie reference)

I remember seeing N'Golo on YouTube when we first got linked with him, making a tackle and running about 40 yards through midfield with the ball, thinking "we could do with someone like that".

What I didn't realise is that he would do that ten times every game.

His passing is brilliant now as well. I'd love him to score a screamer just to see what he'd do. Like 25 yards into the top corner. Would he just stand there clapping? Or run back into position? I'd love to see him go mental. lol

I remember seeing N'Golo on YouTube when we first got linked with him, making a tackle and running about 40 yards through midfield with the ball, thinking "we could do with someone like that".

What I didn't realise is that he would do that ten times every game.

His passing is brilliant now as well. I'd love him to score a screamer just to see what he'd do. Like 25 yards into the top corner. Would he just stand there clapping? Or run back into position? I'd love to see him go mental. lol

I had a dream he banged one in from 35 yards against Everton to win the league. lol  :ph34r:

He'd definitely give a little awkward smile, maybe a little fist pump then turn on his heels and jog back into position. Bless him.

If he tightens up his passing (not saying it's poor, far from it), he'd genuinely get into any side in the world bar Barcelona.

Lennon was a brilliant and under-rated part of the late 90s team, and I wasn't sure in the dark days that followed we'd see a better player in the role. Kante though is something else again, already looked the part on the first day of the season and seems to be improving since then in his passing and forward runs. An absolute joy to watch but a worry that he would equally fit into the world's best teams.

I remember his first start, Bournemouth away, he was played out wide and he still looked the part. He is a very intelligent player.

I'd like to know what he's like as a person. Probably a quiet humble family man. As someone said, he is so emotionless. Never gets angry or ove rexcited. When he scored against Watford he almost looked embarrassed and shy by all the attention he was getting by his team mates.

Kante is a very shy man. Here in Caen we give an award to the best player of the team every month and of course he got them all. He was always embarrassed. He never ever gave an interview to the french medias, never argued with the ref or any opponents. He is very religious, he is a wise man. I can guarantee that he loves playing for Leicester even if he will never show any emotion. I can also tell you that he is loyal to his team, we traded him because we wanted the money but he was not even willing to leave. He will stay in Leicester for at least another year unless you decide to sell him.

Kanté is just a perfect fit with this team. It all starts with Vardy who sets the tone, but Kanté, Okazaki and Albrighton harrying, chasing and closing down is just as vital a statement as Jamie. Also, just look at how Drinkwater has adapted to the playstyle and has been infected by Kanté. I would love to see running and interception stats for him from the start of the season until now.

I am simply amazed, not only at the the energy and determination Kanté shows, but the consistency of his performances. Yes, we've seen games where he's not as effective, but he never ever lets you down and will always provide something.

He is such a good carrier of the ball and I don't think I have ever seen anyone intercept and tackle as well as him, and he hardly ever goes to ground! The midfield destroyer everyone thought would get a big move last summer, Wanyama, is shown up as being piss poor in comparison.

And as others have already stated, it just feels like there's more to come. If he gets better with his decision-making, passing and allround technique, there's no doubt in my mind that he could become one of the most dominating central midfield players in Europe.

Michael Essien Like?  I think Essien at his best for Chelsea is the guy Kante reminds me of.

Archived