Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

One Craig Shakespeare

I'd imagine Sunderland would have to offer more money or a longer contract than they already have. If they were sacked after 6 months then they would have to be paid up.

I don't know whether Walsh and Shakespeare will leave or not but it's certainly not inconceivable.

Pearson must be desperate if he takes the Mackem job, they're a club in turmoil from top to bottom. For me that makes it even less attractive to Walsh & Shakespeare. 

It's  certainly not inconceivable that they may leave but it would be very much heart over head.

Soon to be followed by feet higher than head as they get thrown out if  Sunderland continue their manager merry go round.

I still dont know why you automatically assume that Shakespeare and Walsh will run off the moment Pearson gets a job.

I dont understand why just the mere fact Nige gets a job means its a done deal.

I can give examples where it isnt.

I don't think Dickov is saying that. He's saying that there's not an awful lot to stop them leaving if they wish too.

Why do people assume Walsh and Shakey left it being on good terms with NP?

They could have been getting cheesed off with their antics as much the owners, and his behaviour also put their jobs at risk as much as NPs.

We know very little about how relationships are as it stands. 

They've known Pearson for years, I'm sure they've had a glimpse at this behaviour before.

I do think we stand a much better chance of keeping them now Ranieri has been here a while. Shakespeare is still very visible on the touchline and hasn't been shunted out. If Pearson was given another role six weeks ago it might've been different.

I don't think Dickov is saying that. He's saying that there's not an awful lot to stop them leaving if they wish too.

I thought he was making it explicitly clear, Pearson gets a new job, coaching staff join him.

Headline in Mercury  "Is Pearson set to rock the City Boat".

Gets me worried when they join in ...   normally only put things in when they smell a story ...

We can talk about it all you like but its down to them, (Shakey and Walshy), whether they leave or not.  LCFC have no doubt done all they can by offering good packages etc etc and all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and keep the Shakey chant going ...    

What about a Steve Walsh chant too ! ...   now does anyone know a Steve Walsh chant  ???   

Gets me worried when they join in ...   normally only put things in when they smell a story ...

We can talk about it all you like but its down to them, (Shakey and Walshy), whether they leave or not.  LCFC have no doubt done all they can by offering good packages etc etc and all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and keep the Shakey chant going ...    

What about a Steve Walsh chant too ! ...   now does anyone know a Steve Walsh chant  ???   

They are scaremongering twats, all conjecture and more to the point it's no cert that he goes to Sunderland;

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-unlikely-turn-nigel-pearson-10209941

Nigel Pearson is unlikely to become Sunderland’s next manager, despite claims the Black Cats had approached the former Leicester City boss.

Reports today suggested that Sunderland sporting director Lee Congerton had opened talks with the former Newcastle United assistant manager, who was sacked by Leicester at the end of June, despite keeping the Foxes in the Premier League against the odds last season.

But it is understood that is not the case, and that Pearson is merely one name on a long list of candidates that Congerton has drawn up in the wake of Dick Advocaat’s departure at the weekend.

The fact that Pearson is available and is looking for another Premier League job meant he was always likely to be linked with Sunderland.

But he is not at the top of Sunderland’s wishlist, with ex-West Ham boss Sam Allardyce still the favourite to take over on Wearside despite doubts over whether he is willing to return to management so soon after leaving the Hammers at the end of last season.

Burnley’s Sean Dyche is also considered a leading contender. He dismissed reports linking him with the job as ‘paper stories’ on Friday but that is hardly surprising considering he is in work, and at that stage Advocaat was still in charge.

Former Spurs and QPR boss Harry Redknapp has ruled himself out of the running, while Real Sociedad manager David Moyes is understood to have no interest in leaving the Spanish club.

They are scaremongering twats, all conjecture and more to the point it's no cert that he goes to Sunderland;

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-unlikely-turn-nigel-pearson-10209941

Nigel Pearson is unlikely to become Sunderland’s next manager, despite claims the Black Cats had approached the former Leicester City boss.

Reports today suggested that Sunderland sporting director Lee Congerton had opened talks with the former Newcastle United assistant manager, who was sacked by Leicester at the end of June, despite keeping the Foxes in the Premier League against the odds last season.

But it is understood that is not the case, and that Pearson is merely one name on a long list of candidates that Congerton has drawn up in the wake of Dick Advocaat’s departure at the weekend.

The fact that Pearson is available and is looking for another Premier League job meant he was always likely to be linked with Sunderland.

But he is not at the top of Sunderland’s wishlist, with ex-West Ham boss Sam Allardyce still the favourite to take over on Wearside despite doubts over whether he is willing to return to management so soon after leaving the Hammers at the end of last season.

Burnley’s Sean Dyche is also considered a leading contender. He dismissed reports linking him with the job as ‘paper stories’ on Friday but that is hardly surprising considering he is in work, and at that stage Advocaat was still in charge.

Former Spurs and QPR boss Harry Redknapp has ruled himself out of the running, while Real Sociedad manager David Moyes is understood to have no interest in leaving the Spanish club.

I ain't bothered where he goes ..   good luck to him as he did us proud in his time here ...   all I'm bothered about is if he takes them with him 

Get the Walshy chant going !!

What about,

He found

The cream

That's playing in our team

Stevie Walsh ,Steve Walsh .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11924393/England-forward-Jamie-Vardy-insists-rise-from-non-league-is-all-down-to-hard-work.html

Vardy says the coaches ranieri has brought in have been fantastic to him. Shows its not all Shakespeare and Walsh.

Also good to hear the players saying Ranieri is a much better tactician than they're used to. Ranieri really is exactly what we needed.

Ranieri certainly knows his stuff and we have a style and tactics to cause many teams in the division a problem and he has shown more than enough nous to change if it is required. If we continue to improve and establish ourselves as a PL team and Shaky has the input we believe him to have when it comes time for Ranieri to move on Shaky could be in prime position to take over.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11924393/England-forward-Jamie-Vardy-insists-rise-from-non-league-is-all-down-to-hard-work.html

Vardy says the coaches ranieri has brought in have been fantastic to him. Shows its not all Shakespeare and Walsh.

I don't think anybody has said it is. We all appreciate every coach.

This stigma some of you have attached to Pearson (still) and his staff is bizarre. It's as if you lot actually personally dislike them.

I don't think anybody has said it is. We all appreciate every coach.

This stigma some of you have attached to Pearson (still) and his staff is bizarre. It's as if you lot actually personally dislike them.

Well someone in this thread said the coaches he brought in can't even speak English so they would have minimal impact.

Archived