Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

He's been quite poor this season so far and has done some silly things. We clearly need a more solid defence hence the amount of goals we've conceded, Morgans captain so Huth is the logical one to step down.

He was fantastic last season but I think it's because he is now playing as a pair instead of a three that has changed his performances.

Yes. we clearly need a more solid defence after keeping a clean sheet AWAY to a resurgent Newcastle....

He got a Cruicial touch to deny a goal from a low cross into the box.

Yes. we clearly need a more solid defence after keeping a clean sheet AWAY to a resurgent Newcastle....

He got a Cruicial touch to deny a goal from a low cross into the box.

There is nothing resurgent about Newcastle.

I seriously can't see anyone leaving the ship in January but if we end up top half probably in July.

We do need to add quality and then release those at the bottom of the quality tree.

Has anyone ever heard of a centre half called Martin Hinterregger? Austrian international.

Sure!!!  Players like him are often overlooked because of the league they are playing in. He is very good, and with Dragovic they two are a world class duo in the national team, for me at least. Where do you know him from?

Sure!!!  Players like him are often overlooked because of the league they are playing in. He is very good, and with Dragovic they two are a world class duo in the national team, for me at least. Where do you know him from?

Hello Mr Hinterregger, nice of you to join the forum .

So what is our weakest position or at least needs strengthening? I'm not talking about whether the current player in that position is any good as we're top of the league so at the moment, everyone in the starting line up is doing their job.

LB - Since we replaced Konchesky with Fuchs, the left full back spot is certainly well catered for. Especially of Chilwell can make himself part of the first team squad. I'd rather we developed him than spend money on a back up player to Fuchs like some have suggested. Yes, he may well get more first team football at Huddersfield but he'll learn a heck of a lot training with our current first team. Fuchs is an international captain of quality, these are the players our hottest prospects should be learning from.

RB - Simpson is playing well and De Laet is a more than capable deputy but I do think at this level that both have to perform at the top of their game to maintain their place. This is certainly a position we could strengthen for me. Whether that's in January of at the end of the season is not important, but we do need something with a bit more quality if we're to step up and improve. I'll happily eat humble pie if either one make the improvements that some of our other players have made though.

CB - Despite current form, I think this is an area to address too if we are to seriously step up in terms of club/team stature. Whilst the current partnership has been playing well (goals conceded are more of a result of our style of play than quality of defenders), I'll like to see either a new face here or for Benalouane to provide that additional bit of quality when he invariably gets his chance when Huth gets suspended. I think Wasilewski might just be out of his depth now and whilst adequate squad cover, I doubt he'll get many minutes in the PL.

So what is our weakest position or at least needs strengthening? I'm not talking about whether the current player in that position is any good as we're top of the league so at the moment, everyone in the starting line up is doing their job.

LB - Since we replaced Konchesky with Fuchs, the left full back spot is certainly well catered for. Especially of Chilwell can make himself part of the first team squad. I'd rather we developed him than spend money on a back up player to Fuchs like some have suggested. Yes, he may well get more first team football at Huddersfield but he'll learn a heck of a lot training with our current first team. Fuchs is an international captain of quality, these are the players our hottest prospects should be learning from.

RB - Simpson is playing well and De Laet is a more than capable deputy but I do think at this level that both have to perform at the top of their game to maintain their place. This is certainly a position we could strengthen for me. Whether that's in January of at the end of the season is not important, but we do need something with a bit more quality if we're to step up and improve. I'll happily eat humble pie if either one make the improvements that some of our other players have made though.

CB - Despite current form, I think this is an area to address too if we are to seriously step up in terms of club/team stature. Whilst the current partnership has been playing well (goals conceded are more of a result of our style of play than quality of defenders), I'll like to see either a new face here or for Benalouane to provide that additional bit of quality when he invariably gets his chance when Huth gets suspended. I think Wasilewski might just be out of his depth now and whilst adequate squad cover, I doubt he'll get many minutes in the PL.

Agree with most of that and have been saying it for a while about the CB position ....    but for me THE most important position that needs strengthening is centre forward ....   we are soooooo reliant on JV  and have no one that can realistically fill his boots.   Leo and Shinji do a good job but we need someone else ....   asap.

Hello Mr Hinterregger, nice of you to join the forum .

Be happy that someone recognized a good player. For example, You like Fuchs or? Yeah Hinteregger plays in the same national team. This team just lost 2 points in the overall EM qualification so why wouldn´t Hinteregger be any good?! Just because you don´t know him isn´t a reason to reject him.

Can we collectively agree never to mention Austin in this thread again? It's getting seriously boring now, and he just wouldn't fit into this side at all.

Agreed, Austin is a presence in the box type player, He doesn't suit our style and we have Ulloa to do a similar job.

I'd like us to buy a partner for Vardy, an athlete who is strong and quick and can maybe pick a pass and threaten to score goals. I've never seen him play but this Breel Embolo is exactly the profile I want us to sign. Quick, strong and a "wonderkid" who can play as a striker or in midfield. Would be ideal to play him behind Vardy and not have the weight around his neck that he is the main goalscorer and watch him develop here.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/foxes-scout-watches-20m-rated-embolo-1990415.html#.VlNj-XbhBhE

Agreed, Austin is a presence in the box type player, He doesn't suit our style and we have Ulloa to do a similar job.

I'd like us to buy a partner for Vardy, an athlete who is strong and quick and can maybe pick a pass and threaten to score goals. I've never seen him play but this Breel Embolo is exactly the profile I want us to sign. Quick, strong and a "wonderkid" who can play as a striker or in midfield. Would be ideal to play him behind Vardy and not have the weight around his neck that he is the main goalscorer and watch him develop here.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/foxes-scout-watches-20m-rated-embolo-1990415.html#.VlNj-XbhBhE

Yes, Embolo i agree! See him sometimes play and when then he is cruicial.

Has anybody seen young Alex Gersbach play?

Left back for Sydney FC I think? (The Aussie members can confirm that).

Keep on eye on him. I know it's only the A league, but he looks a good young player, quick and strong. Gets forward really quickly. I believe some European clubs are after him.

Has anybody seen young Alex Gersbach play?

Left back for Sydney FC I think? (The Aussie members can confirm that).

Keep on eye on him. I know it's only the A league, but he looks a good young player, quick and strong. Gets forward really quickly. I believe some European clubs are after him.

Col,  The kid is awesome.  May not be ready for the PL just yet, but he is already being earmarked as the Socceroos LB for years to come.  One to consider for the future for sure.

GK

RB

Archived