Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

I am getting pretty sick of all the pundits still banging on about Ranieri not changing much and just carrying on with Pearsons system and style of play, even after all of the praise Merson gave us last week he said the same. Clearly these pundits havn't been watching the games. The way we play is significantly different (ie, one touch football), the defence is clearly stronger, Albrighton is the first name on the team sheet, We have learnt to see games out very effectively, The substitutions have, frankly, been incredible compared with those of last season, in fact Ranieri has been an absolute master with his use of substitutions. To keep saying he's just doing Pearsons work is a massive massive insult.

There is an element of continuing what Pearson did but he's taken it to a new level now I think.

He's only three wins off matching Pearson's number of Premier League wins here.

If you look at Pearson across the whole season compared to Claudio now, the differences are enormous. If you look at Pearson by the end of the season compared to Claudio now there is a lot in common. It would be really interesting to know how we would be doing right now if we still had NP. I suspect not top of the table but definitely a lot better than this time last year that's for sure.

If you look at Pearson across the whole season compared to Claudio now, the differences are enormous. If you look at Pearson by the end of the season compared to Claudio now there is a lot in common. It would be really interesting to know how we would be doing right now if we still had NP. I suspect not top of the table but definitely a lot better than this time last year that's for sure.

Would Pearson have signed Kanté? If the answer is no then we wouldn't be first right now.

To be fair, it's Pearson's signing that are really shining for us, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante (sort of). Hard to argue Inler and Benny have had the same effect.

In before someone turns this thread into yet another Pearson bashing, please don't bother  :) .

I do think we would've improved but not to this extent. Doubt out away record would be anything like this.

So much happier now with Claudio as the manager. For quite a few reasons.

Although Pearson apparently is a 'nice bloke' when you meet him, I'm afraid he came across in the media like a twat. It amazed me at the time that some people on here were praising him for doing some of the ridiculous things he did. Ranieri is so much more composed, humorous and humble.

Secondly, tactically Ranieri is a few notches above Pearson.

Finally, I think Ranieri just has greater knowledge of players across Europe and can probably attract them to the club. At present, joining City must be quite an attractive option.

How it's panned out, the summer couldn't have gone much better in the end.

I am getting pretty sick of all the pundits still banging on about Ranieri not changing much and just carrying on with Pearsons system and style of play, even after all of the praise Merson gave us last week he said the same. Clearly these pundits havn't been watching the games. The way we play is significantly different (ie, one touch football), the defence is clearly stronger, Albrighton is the first name on the team sheet, We have learnt to see games out very effectively, The substitutions have, frankly, been incredible compared with those of last season, in fact Ranieri has been an absolute master with his use of substitutions. To keep saying he's just doing Pearsons work is a massive massive insult.

I agree. While the form and winning mentality was started under Pearson at the end of last year, the football itself is quite different. Whenever I hear it, it almost seems like a dig at Ranieri, saying he hasn't changed anything and this is all Pearson's work. While I appreciate Pearson's contribution to the way we've started this year, Ranieri deserves as much, if not more credit.

Both men deserve a lot of credit. Simples.

Pearson did all the groundwork over a number of years. We certainly wouldn’t be top of the League without him.

But there’s no denying that Ranieri has taken us to another level this season. We certainly wouldn’t be top of the League without him.

The people who also deserve credit here are the owners.  They have stayed in the background despite all our success this season. I can imagine many other Chairmen trying to swoop in and sweep up all the credit. But Top and his Dad have stayed silently in the background and allowed the manager and players to enjoy the limelight. GOOD ON ‘EM!

Amy Lawrence pretty much summarises what CR has done when she refers to retaining the character of the team that ended last season,adjusting slowly and delicately building.That has been the key,evolution rather than revolution.

Kanté didn't want to sign when the team didn't have a manager and didn't sign until after he met Claudio

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/N-Golo-Kante-admits-uncertainty-Leicester-City/story-27953625-detail/story.html

I did not know his presence helped that much but nonetheless it seems a bit shortsighted to accredit the accomplishment to him and him alone.  If we weren't already after him would Ranieri have come up with the idea of signing Kanté by himself?  It's possible but I'm dubious, and that's from a big fan of the man.

It's very easy to like this guy, even with our current form aside.

When you look at what he did at the start of Abramovich's ownership, Claudio is the Nigel Pearson of Chelsea!

Funny to see in the last few minutes of that interview where Manish asks him if he'd ever return to England to manage. If only he knew back then...

I'm new here (Arsenal fan), but cannot help watching Leicester City play since Ranieri took over. I love their intensity and the way they shock opponents from the first whistle. I hope their run continues, as they thoroughly deserve it.

I recently wrote an article 'Let's Talk Leicester, Culture of Hard Work' concentrating on Ranieri's strategy and how the players fit into the system.

Thought you guys would enjoy it, so I'll leave it below & any feedback would be greatly appreciated;

http://www.donaldmacnaughton.co.uk/my-blog/item/104-epl-week-14-let-s-talk-leicester

I'm new here (Arsenal fan), but cannot help watching Leicester City play since Ranieri took over. I love their intensity and the way they shock opponents from the first whistle. I hope their run continues, as they thoroughly deserve it.

I recently wrote an article 'Let's Talk Leicester, Culture of Hard Work' concentrating on Ranieri's strategy and how the players fit into the system.

Thought you guys would enjoy it, so I'll leave it below & any feedback would be greatly appreciated;

http://www.donaldmacnaughton.co.uk/my-blog/item/104-epl-week-14-let-s-talk-leicester

A good read!

Archived