Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

If Leicester City repeat their first half of the season form into the second we will end up with an astonishing 116 points.

I can't see us losing three more games this season.  Not impossible, but we just seem to be getting better each game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I can't see us losing three more games this season.  Not impossible, but we just seem to be getting better each game.

Steady.

We still have to play Ipswich twice and go to Elland Road. And I’m sure there will be a frustrating game at home or two. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Steady.

We still have to play Ipswich twice and go to Elland Road. And I’m sure there will be a frustrating game at home or two. 

From what i've seen of ipswich, they're the sort of team we should do well against.  I just can't see us not drawing at least one of those fixtures - they've dropped points in 17 games between them.  And the 'frustrating games' seem to be a thing of the past - the only frustrating results have been when we've played under par, but we haven't played below ourselves for any of the last 7 games.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I think we need to not get too ahead of ourselves. With AFCON coming out, we've seen how different we can be with players like Ndidi out of the team. Jan/Feb will be interesting 

• Like 3

Half way through the season now, so there will be a bundle of incredible stats I'm sure.

Extrapolating current points, 7th place would have 68 points, so we'd need 69 points to make the play-offs... Which is 11 more than we have now. To put it into context, bottom of the table has managed 13 points.

We could put together a worse half a season than any team in the league this year and still be in with a shout of promotion! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I think we need to not get too ahead of ourselves. With AFCON coming out, we've seen how different we can be with players like Ndidi out of the team. Jan/Feb will be interesting 

Not a case of getting ahead of myself - it's not like i was making an open wager with the forum, just expressing how i feel right now - in a few games i might feel different.

But right now our last 7 games reads: W6 D1 L0 F18 A6 GD+12 P19

That's ridiculously good - how can we fear anybody (right now) playing like that.

Now we’re at the half way point I’ve been looking at recent Championship tables. We’re currently on 19 wins from 23 games. That’s more than 19 teams managed in the whole of last season, Luton who ended up getting promoted won 21 games in total! 

Since the 13/14 season the teams who’ve finished in the play off spots have got anywhere from 18 wins to 26 wins. We’re already on 19. 

Looking at teams who’ve gone up automatically the lowest amounts of wins in the last 10 years was West Brom in 19/20 who finished 2nd with 22 wins 

Obviously this isn’t a normal championship season so will probably need a few more wins than normal but our start has been remarkable 

15 hours ago, hejammy said:

How many players will other teams lose though? It's not uncommon for international players of African nations to play at Championship level.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How many players will other teams lose though? It's not uncommon for international players of African nations to play at Championship level.

I'm not sure how many others will lose (although I think far less and maybe less influential than what we will) but the fact is we are just not the same without the ones that will be going

1 hour ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Saturday 13th January 2024 - the day we could start the ‘Teams that can’t catch us thread’

Technically not, if we win all of our games to that point we will be on 70 points, if Rotherham lose all their games they will be on 13 points with 57 to play for. So technically speaking, we’d have to wait one more game until it’s certain mathematically.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Not many, I believe Southampton with 2 are the only team that will lose more than 1 player. So minimal impact on anyone else.

Our 5 players (Including Souttar at Asian Cup) is by far the most. 

Australia have named Burgess of Ipswich, Silvera and McGree of Middlesbrough in their Asian Cup squad alongside Souttar.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesFourLife said:

Leeds are looking dangerous how many players are they losing in Jan. 

none (International games) unless some of their attacking players attract interest from PL. 

I can’t see anyone coming in for James but Summerville and Rutter could attract interest.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Technically not, if we win all of our games to that point we will be on 70 points, if Rotherham lose all their games they will be on 13 points with 57 to play for. So technically speaking, we’d have to wait one more game until it’s certain mathematically.

If we win that day and Rotherham lose, we’d be on 73 in the evening? I just wanna start the thread! 

1 hour ago, mohammedsaqib said:

If we win that day and Rotherham lose, we’d be on 73 in the evening? I just wanna start the thread! 

No, that day would be four games time (Ipswich, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Cov). We win 4 they lose 4, we go to 70 points, they remain a max of 70 points. Ipswich at home on the 22nd is the earliest weekend we could start marking off teams unable to catch us 

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No, that day would be four games time (Ipswich, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Cov). We win 4 they lose 4, we go to 70 points, they remain a max of 70 points. Ipswich at home on the 22nd is the earliest weekend we could start marking off teams unable to catch us 

You’re right - I was looking at the Millwall FA Cup tie thinking it was a league game 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2023 at 18:01, FOXSE said:

For 107 points record:

Required From now

W15 D4 L4

Current to date

W19 D1 L3

Even with our record start, this just highlights how incredible a 107 point season is. 

Big respect for even achieving such a high tally.

December wasn't as tricky as Enzo predicted, but January might yet be with our expected absentees.

Even if we keep it up, there's the uncertainty of how motivated the squad would be after promotion/title is confirmed :sweating::D

• Like 1