Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

That's impressive.

I think we as fans understand that there have been a lot of excellent performers in this team even though the attention is given to just two.

Yes, for all the focus on Vardy, Mahrez and now Kante ours is a team in the real sense of the word. It perhaps shows most in their consistent work rate week in, week out.

That seems to be the bottom line for them all - effort and commitment. Yes, individuals have good days and better days. But I can't think of a single game in which I felt any of our players was giving less than maximum effort.

As for Morgan he's using his head and trying to follow instructions I'd imagine. Any coach faced with evidence that we're a bit iffy defending dead ball situations would improve the situation by saying "don't concede them if you can help it." Morgan's just  showing his maturity by adapting and therefore improving - itself a sign of a good professional.

He's not the only one either. In fact another reason we seem so lucky to have this team is that they all seem eager to improve - even when they've already done well.

Look at Kante. He might be our favourite ball winner but having bedded into that role he's now adding some serious forward runs into his repertoire.

Mahrez too seems to have started varying his game for the better, offering quick one-or two-touch passes as well as just taking people on. His brilliant feed to Vardy last night was so swift that for all the criticism of Chelsea's centre-backs I don't think any Premiership defender would have prevented the ultra-quick Vardy gaining that vital half-yard of space.

I'm just waiting now for Shinji to start staying on his feet more and asking more questions and for Inler to start threading his passes with more urgency and doing his share of tracking runners. I may have been mistaken but he looked fitter and more alert to the cause last night - as if he's realised what he might become a part of. I hope so because now's the time two or three of the leading fringe players might start to make a significant impact.

This is the best start we've ever made in the top flight. Think about that, the best start we've made in our 131 year history.

If things go to shit now at least we've had the pleasure of experiencing the greatest Leicester City team of all time.

This.

This team is making history with every single game. What a time to be a city fan. :xmasbiggrin:

Edited by ajthefox

Leicester City became the first side to beat a Mourinho side without referee assistance since he was in primary school.

I thought he was still in his pram the way he throws his toys out every time they lose or get any sort of decision against them! :xmasbiggrin:

For the price Chelsea paid for Eden Hazard, Leicester could have signed Riyad Mahrez nearly 100 times over. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-strength-depth-8211-talking-points/story-28366989-detail/story.html#ixzz3uP2J36zw 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

2ppddvm.png

Mahrez and Vardy are in the best starting eleven of Europe according to whoscored. With some impressive company too.

Who is D Da Silva? pretty impressive to make the team of the season for Caen almost as impressive as us have two players in there. That team is crying out for a Kante like figure in CM.

According to Who Scored? (football statistical website) this is the best 11 in the world this season.

GK: Juame

LB: Aurier

CB: Silva

CB: Da Silva

RB: Marcelo

LM: Mahrez
CM: Ozil

CM: Muller

RM: Neymar 

ST: Ibrahimovic

ST: Vardy

would also point out that out of that 11, Mahrez is second best behind Neymar and Vardy is joint 4th.

In the premier league, Vardy has the following stats.

1st - Goal Contribution

5th - Shots per game

3rd - Performance

Mahrez has these....

1st - Performance

2nd - Assists

3rd - Goal Contribution

Leicester as a team are not in the top 5 of Possession, Aerial Duels Won, Shots Per Game nor Pass Accuracy. 

Edited by CharlieCharles

According to Who Scored? (football statistical website) this is the best 11 in the world this season.

GK: Juame

LB: Aurier

CB: Silva

CB: Da Silva

RB: Marcelo

LM: Mahrez

CM: Ozil

CM: Muller

RM: Neymar

ST: Ibrahimovic

ST: Vardy

would also point out that out of that 11, Mahrez is second best behind Neymar and Vardy is joint 4th.

If only there was a handy picture to show this.... :whistle:

I have honestly forgot how it feels to lose 2 games in a row

I've honestly forgot how to lose full stop. Or more, what the feeling is.

5-2 to Arsenal didn't even feel like a loss.

3-1 to Chelsea was fair enough but they were top of the league and we had Huth and King injured in the first 20 mins.

4-3 to Spurs was just a joke, never deserved to lose that one.

I was more disheartened at the 1-1 draw with Man U than any of those results lol

Vardy scoring past 13 different teams in the same season has to be a record? Just Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Swansea, Spurs and West Ham now for the full collection.

record is shared by Robin Van Persie and Ian Wright who both scored against 17 out of 19.

Edited by AKCJ