Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

So we’ve established that Albrighton leads the league in “Crosses To No One”.

In other news, Gray leads in “Dribbles Won in Midfield With The Right-Back Waiting To Nick the Ball”.

And Choudhury is right up there for “Tackles Won (Thank God The Referee Swallowed His Whistle)”.

The thing is with Albrighton is he's ten years after he'd have been the best. 

His crosses appeal to people who see the danger they would have posed, rather than they actually do. 

Albrighton is a no nonsense player, who when he gets half a yard puts the ball into the box and can make things happen. There are very few goals which are perfect, and most goals are due to the opposition making a mistake rather than the opposition being completely outplayed. That is why it is important to get the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

This possession based game, really works to tire the opposition out and eventually hoping that the tiredness will lead to a mistake and then we capitalise. Its a situation in which we are more in control, but allows the opposition to become more resolute and harder to break down. That is why having someone to get the ball in before the opposition sets is a vital asset and can cause mayhem. 

• Like 1

Unluckily for Albrighton he probably played the game in the wrong era. 
In the 90s when Dublin, Ferguson and the like we’re about with most teams playing 442 he would have been a top player. Unfortunately now few teams play to his strengths.

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Unluckily for Albrighton he probably played the game in the wrong era. 
In the 90s when Dublin, Ferguson and the like we’re about with most teams playing 442 he would have been a top player. Unfortunately now few teams play to his strengths.

Probably only Burnley play this way in the Premier league. 

Since Guardiola took over at Barca, everyone thinks you have to play out from the back and be patient and work the ball into the box. They did it so well as they held onto the ball for so long that other teams were too tired to do anything when they won possession and the Barca players could press them relentlessly as they were full of energy. 

To play this way, you need 11 players including the goalkeeper who will always find a pass rather than launch a searching ball at all times. 

Brendan Rodgers became the first Leicester City manager to take the club to the semi-final of any competition for 20 years earlier this season.

Now, he's trying to get the club into last four of the FA Cup for the first time in 38 years.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

In three of the last four seasons, the goal that secured the Premier League title has been scored by a Chelsea player.

I haven't checked but wouldn't it be 4 of the last 6? 

Hazard 14/15

Hazard 15/16

Batshuayi 16/17

Willian 19/20

So Vardy matched (then obviously broke) Ruud Van Nistelrooy's consecutive scoring record. 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy got a landmark 100th Utd goal against Everton. 

Could Vardy take his landmark against Everton too?! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't get the Albrighton crossing argument, we hardly score crosses at all, so in reality he could just be giving the ball away. More context and detail are required to know whether it's a good stat or not.

Crossing accuracy is available on the Premier League website. It doesnt make good viewing. Believe me. 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Crossing accuracy is available on the Premier League website. It doesnt make good viewing. Believe me. 

14% for Albrighton this season.

Barnes has 9%:o

Not all players crossing accuracy stats are on there.

By comparison Ryan Fraser has 16%. Snodgrass has 29%. It's obviously easier to cross if you'd got a big striker up top, but even our low crosses across the box very rarely work, I can't even remember a time we've scored one recently.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

In three of the last four seasons, the goal that secured the Premier League title has been scored by a Chelsea player.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I haven't checked but wouldn't it be 4 of the last 6? 

Hazard 14/15

Hazard 15/16

Batshuayi 16/17

Willian 19/20

I've checked this now, its not 3 from the last 4.

This season was settle by Willian, so that's one, and 16/17 was Batshuayi, so that's 2. But 17/18, Man City won when Man Utd lost to West Brom to a Jay Rodriguez goal, and 18/19 they won on the last day by beating Brighton.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

By comparison Ryan Fraser has 16%. Snodgrass has 29%. It's obviously easier to cross if you'd got a big striker up top, but even our low crosses across the box very rarely work, I can't even remember a time we've scored one recently.

Well we hadn't played for 3 months before last week :ph34r:

Anyway, the last time we scored from a cross was the last PL goal before the lockdown :P. Albrighton to Barnes.

Gray to Vardy at Palace comes to mind. Tielemans setting up Chilwell (albeit fortunately) against Chelsea. Barnes setting up Pereira for goal against West Ham. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well we hadn't played for 3 months before last week :ph34r:

Anyway, the last time we scored from a cross was the last PL goal before the lockdown :P. Albrighton to Barnes.

Gray to Vardy at Palace comes to mind. Tielemans setting up Chilwell (albeit fortunately) against Chelsea. Barnes setting up Pereira for goal against West Ham. 

Just shows how your mind can play tricks on you thenlol

We've had 620 crosses (I'm assuming that's including attempted crosses as well as successful ones). So I'm not sure if we're doing well from crossing or not, it hasn't felt like it to me!

34 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've checked this now, its not 3 from the last 4.

This season was settle by Willian, so that's one, and 16/17 was Batshuayi, so that's 2. But 17/18, Man City won when Man Utd lost to West Brom to a Jay Rodriguez goal, and 18/19 they won on the last day by beating Brighton.

You're right of course, my bad maths put 15/16 as 4 seasons ago, which it is, but not including that season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is all very well, but where is Snodgrass's team and where is Albrighton's :dunno:

If only it was this simple.

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You're right of course, my bad maths put 15/16 as 4 seasons ago, which it is, but not including that season.

Still 4 from the last 6 whilst only winning 2 titles is impressive.

• Like 1

Shamelessly stolen from Radio Leicester:

Rodgers’ vs Chelsea: 14 games, 0 wins

City vs Chelsea in the FA Cup: 8 games, 0 wins.

Chelsea have knocked us out of a total of 10 cup competitions!

12 hours ago, Phube said:

Shamelessly stolen from Radio Leicester:

Rodgers’ vs Chelsea: 14 games, 0 wins

City vs Chelsea in the FA Cup: 8 games, 0 wins.

Chelsea have knocked us out of a total of 10 cup competitions!

All the more reason for us to do them over then.  I am still seething from the dive of the century

• Like 3

19 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Since we beat Villa 1.4 on on December 8th, Vardy has started 14 games, 7 draws, 6 defeats and the 1 win against west Ham in which he was substituted before half time.

Oh. My. God.