Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I bet he had at least three assists just for Tony cottee... At least three for claridge....

Sure he assisted for Collymore against Sunderland in the 5-2. Also in my head he set up many of the goals Claridge scored in the Prem.

He used to bomb to the line and whack the ball across the front of goal.

11 minutes ago, pds said:

Sure he assisted for Collymore against Sunderland in the 5-2. Also in my head he set up many of the goals Claridge scored in the Prem.

He used to bomb to the line and whack the ball across the front of goal.

I am pretty sure he assisted collymore's first and third in that game. 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.jpeg.b6ae84b68d378577018e18a05f20b29c.jpeg

And there are still loads on here who insist he doesn't contribute enough??  OK so maybe he does not fit so well in BRs style of play but that does not make him "not good enough" as many have us believe. The only better crosser of a ball that i have ever seen in a Leicester shirt is possibly Steve Guppy, and i would say that would be a close run thing.

17 minutes ago, urban fox said:

And there are still loads on here who insist he doesn't contribute enough??  OK so maybe he does not fit so well in BRs style of play but that does not make him "not good enough" as many have us believe. The only better crosser of a ball that i have ever seen in a Leicester shirt is possibly Steve Guppy, and i would say that would be a close run thing.

how many of them crosses have we actually scored from?

1 minute ago, Jjridgewell said:

how many of them crosses have we actually scored from?

probably a lot more than we have from Maddsion's corners!  That is a non argument. The wingers job is to put the ball into the right areas, it is then up to those in the middle to get on the end of them. To actually score directly from a crossed in ball is not actually that common, it is more often the case that the crossed in ball is the first in a passage of play that results in a goal attempt. for example player A crosses the ball into the penalty area, player B controls it and lays it off/knocks it down for Player C to to take a goal attempt.

Besides, there is no guarantee that, however good the cross, somebody is going to put it in the net. you can lay the ball on a plate and it will still get missed/saved/blocked sometimes. That is not the fault of the crosser.

The point here is that he is capable of consistently putting quality balls into the danger area. Far too much emphasis is placed on "assists" these days and not enough  on the whole pattern of play leading up to the final assist/goal.

As i said, just because he does not necessarily fit in with our current style does not make him a poor player, or a has been. He is still quality and i am sure there are any number of PL teams who would be more than happy to have him in their sides if he ever decides to leave us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.jpeg.b6ae84b68d378577018e18a05f20b29c.jpeg

8 hours ago, goody2028 said:

How this man didn’t get an England call up is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

I’m sick of having this argument. So he puts a lot of crosses in, I don’t understand why this is a good stat 😂 least efficient way of creating a goal and people spunk in their pants because a guy puts hundreds of shit ones across a season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I’m sick of having this argument. So he puts a lot of crosses in, I don’t understand why this is a good stat 😂 least efficient way of creating a goal and people spunk in their pants because a guy puts hundreds of shit ones across a season. 

Especially when a lot of the time, there’s no one in the box or they just bounce out for a goal kick at the back post. 

32 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Especially when a lot of the time, there’s no one in the box or they just bounce out for a goal kick at the back post. 

Almost as annoying as cutting back, picking out a 5 yard pass for another player to give the ball away like our other wingers do. Really don’t understand why the lad gets so much stick on here especially as he’s one of the best crossers of the ball I’ve possibly seen in a city shirt. Regardless of whether anyone’s in the box or not. Was unreal in the 15/16 season and still puts it on a plate when he gets a game. Just look back to the Newcastle game. 

22 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Almost as annoying as cutting back, picking out a 5 yard pass for another player to give the ball away like our other wingers do. Really don’t understand why the lad gets so much stick on here especially as he’s one of the best crossers of the ball I’ve possibly seen in a city shirt. Regardless of whether anyone’s in the box or not. Was unreal in the 15/16 season and still puts it on a plate when he gets a game. Just look back to the Newcastle game.

If that's the case, I should be on Barca's books. Every pass I make is perfect, regardless of whether there is a player at the other end of it.

I love Albrighton for his work rate and his professionalism, but I can't deny his style of play isn't what most managers want from a modern winger.

24 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If that's the case, I should be on Barca's books. Every pass I make is perfect, regardless of whether there is a player at the other end of it.

If a winger was in a chance to put the ball into the box I’d be more concerned as to why there is no one in the box than his choice to be crossing to be honest 🤷‍♂️ Not saying every pass or cross he plays is perfect as none of our players are. Just recognising he’s been a great player for us and his crossing ability is top class. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

he’s one of the best crossers of the ball I’ve possibly seen in a city shirt. Regardless of whether anyone’s in the box or not.

So we’ve established that Albrighton leads the league in “Crosses To No One”.

In other news, Gray leads in “Dribbles Won in Midfield With The Right-Back Waiting To Nick the Ball”.

And Choudhury is right up there for “Tackles Won (Thank God The Referee Swallowed His Whistle)”.