Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

9 minutes ago, pds said:

Loosely related because of Shilton but found this stat pretty amazing.

Screenshot_20200629-203136.png

That is crazy, if Buffon plays for another season it will be 90 straight seasons for the combination of the three.

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

That is crazy, if Buffon plays for another season it will be 90 straight seasons for the combination of the three.

I hope Juve's keeper gets sent off in the last minute of extra time in next seasons Champions League final, then Gigi comes on, scores Juve's 10th pen, then saves the oppositions 10th lol

What a guy.

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Pretty sure I saw today that he and Chiellini have signed 1 year extensions at Juve.

They're also renaming themselves Juventus Masters and bringing Del Piero back. They'll probably still win the title...

On 29/06/2020 at 20:33, pds said:

Loosely related because of Shilton but found this stat pretty amazing.

Screenshot_20200629-203136.png

Am I the only one who doesn't find this amazing? 3 players from 3 different eras, who played one after another, who all had/have long playing careers. It's neither amazing or surprising is it? 

Couldn't you do something similar for virtually any 3 players that had sequential careers? 

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Am I the only one who doesn't find this amazing? 3 players from 3 different eras, who played one after another, who all had/have long playing careers. It's neither amazing or surprising is it? 

Couldn't you do something similar for virtually any 3 players that had sequential careers? 

Go on then.

• Like 2

Just now, pds said:

Go on then.

You might not get the exact same longevity, but it's not really 'a stat' is what I'm saying. 

It's literally just a truism about when 3 different players played. 

Player A played in the 1960s and 70s, Player B played in the 1970s and 80s, Player C played in the 1980s and 90s. 

"Did you know that between them Players A, B and C have played in every season from 1960 to 2000"

Alan Partridge Shrug GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You might not get the exact same longevity, but it's not really 'a stat' is what I'm saying. 

Player A played in the 1960s and 70s, Player B played in the 1970s and 80s, Player C played in the 1980s and 90s. 

"Did you know that between them Players A, B and C have played in every season from 1960 to 2000"

Jesus 😂.

Next time I find an interesting stat I'll run it past you to check it's validity.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, pds said:

Jesus 😂.

Next time I find an interesting stat I'll run it past you to check it's validity.

Haha - I'm not having a go or anything - was just a little puzzled is all. It's just simply 3 players who all played one after another. 

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The example you've just pointed out will still be a stat but be relatively easy to achieve - not a Crazy stat. The stat pointed out goes 30 years before and 30 years after your example. Crazy!! 

Break it down the average player plays from 18 to 36 (if all goes well) that's 18 years of playing first team football. Allowing for cross overs that would take you to 52 years of concurrent first team football for three 'average' players.

The example of Matthews, Shilton and Buffon covered 88 years!! Which is incredible from three players. Try and get anywhere near that with any three players (playing in Europe at the top level - King Kazu (look him up!) is not allowed).

As the OP I approve and allow the Stat!! :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember hearing a stat about Vardy's shot/goal conversion rate when he was on a goalscoring tear prior to Christmas. Apparently it was incredibly high even when compared to other prolific Premier League strikers. The article pointed out that this was clearly unsustainable. Although it would have been hard to predict that Vardy's effectiveness would be completely nullified since, it should have been patently obvious that, since we weren't getting regular goals from anyone else, the club should have moved to address this in the January window by providing additional scoring cover. Not doing so seems like it's going to cost the club dear as we free fall out of a CL spot.

51 minutes ago, Phube said:

I think Perez's work rate is undervalued (especially where Ricardo is concerned).

He wins the ball back quite a lot in attacking positions... it is why we miss him when not played. Add ndidi and Ricardo and we are almost unbeatable 

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He wins the ball back quite a lot in attacking positions... it is why we miss him when not played. Add ndidi and Ricardo and we are almost unbeatable 

He's also probably the most creative of the wingers or at least has a better eye for goal and the positions to be in.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He's also probably the most creative of the wingers or at least has a better eye for goal and the positions to be in.

A big problem is that his goals have came in games where we’d basically already won. His creative numbers aren’t great and 93% of attacking midfielders/wingers in the top 5 leagues lose the ball less than him. He’s great at winning the ball back tbf but I’ve been disappointed in him. I’ve got a feeling he’ll have a better season next year but I can’t help but feel we could have utilised that money more effectively 

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Christian Fuchs (637 in 8 matches) has had more touches of the ball than Jamie Vardy (625 in 29 matches) this season.

His scoring record is so impressive given how little of the game he's actively involved in.

Leicester City had the 2nd highest shot conversion rate in the Prem before the lockdown break - 14.3% - scoring 58 of 405 shots. 

Since the restart it’s 4.9% scoring 2 in 41 attempts.

• Like 1