Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's the highest aggregate score we have over teams in the Premier League where we've won both games over them? 

I imagine the Newcastle 5-0 and 3-0 comes close? 

Given the 5-0 was our record PL win at the time, the previous record win would have been 4-0 or less. Unless we got a 4-0 twice against the same opponent on the same season, 8-0 aggregate must be a new record. 

Not ours but that was the first time Burnley have beaten Man U since 1962, mind you I doubt they've played them many times as they've been down to the bottom of L2 and back.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not ours but that was the first time Burnley have beaten Man U since 1962, mind you I doubt they've played them many times as they've been down to the bottom of L2 and back.

I’ve always thought stats like that should come with a numerical value, because if they’ve only played 3-4 times that’s not impressive, if it’s 50+ games then that’s really something!

• Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 12:05, Phube said:

I’ve always thought stats like that should come with a numerical value, because if they’ve only played 3-4 times that’s not impressive, if it’s 50+ games then that’s really something!

Talking of grounds where you never win or even get a point, surely to God we will finally get a result away v Arsenal this season. No win since 1973 and 20 defeats out of 21 league games since then.

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Tielemans should've got one vs Bournemouth, even though I didn't think so immediately after.

That's weird. We literally just watched that game back as a random game to watch back on all the MOTD recordings lol

Given what Aubameyang got sent off for that was deffo a red. 

• 2 weeks later...

Used these tables to illustrate a point in the Kasper thread but it's worth looking at them again to see just how well we're doing this season:

799196409_Screenshot2020-02-03at15_45_26.thumb.png.cf13e834e6f4886473c92c3edba3057d.png1325841527_Screenshot2020-02-03at15_49_40.thumb.png.e4819c0e66cd6ffdd70876ce342fa4bc.png

We're actually better defensively and in attack - 1 fewer goal conceded and scored 7 more and with a better goal difference of +8 (though the Southampton game skewers that slightly), though 4 points worse off, which actually in 2016 would still have put us top!

Interesting to look at how the other teams have fared too.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 12:00, davieG said:

Is that at old Trafford ? I remember robbie Blake volleying one in few year back 1.0 win.

• Like 1