Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

Well hes probably thinking as well as playing a full season he's also got a lot of travelling and extra games for the champions league coming up so its a lot on his schedule to include WC qualifying games into it aswell..

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Isnt he leaving after this season? A man can only live so far from his wife and kids for so long.

He said when he was on the NFL show a few weeks ago that he was here for another 2 or 3 years 

So, what do we know about Austria?

Leaving aside Adolf (and I think we should), the average Brit knows about Heidi, Mozart, The Sound of Music and dodgy folk dancing. That's about it...

It has to be thigh-slappingly good, IMHO, but the leiderhosen could be tricky at short notice!

41 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Leaving aside Adolf (and I think we should), the average Brit knows about Heidi, Mozart, The Sound of Music and dodgy folk dancing. That's about it...

It has to be thigh-slappingly good, IMHO, but the leiderhosen could be tricky at short notice!

Have been skiing in Austria a number of times at various different resorts. It is great for that at least. I can remember probably their most famous footballer Hans Krankl from the 1982 World Cup I think. Also went to Vienna for the Red Star UEFA Cup game in 2000 and it was a great City. Austria has great apple strudel and Vienna also has or had the largest ferris wheel in the world. That's about all I know off the top of my head.

Bless him!

I lived in Austria for a while and I know that they have a bit of a history of shoe throwing (admittedly more in protest than celebration), and their Christmas Krampus nicking childrens shoes...but maybe everyone in the stadium showering him with our Timberlands as sign of affection, celebration and cultural solidarity?  

Could make for a little mild concussion on his part, and an awkward and uncomfortable walk home on our part...but still...lol

Fuchs is a rare type of footballer you see nowadays.

Genuinely intelligent, respectful, likes to help others and down-to-earth. Also obviously professional. You can tell he's different to many others.

Will be sad when he goes.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Genuinely intelligent, respectful, likes to help others and down-to-earth. Also obviously professional. You can tell he's different to many others.

He's a rare breed indeed. You can keep your Collymore's , Mancini's, Cambiasso's and other 5 minute wonders, and give me Fuchs any day of the week. He'll go down in Leicester folklore for me as an integral part of our title winning team on and off the pitch. Just hope we get to see him score in a City shirt to cement his legendary status. There's just something about Fuchs. He'll be successful in whatever he chooses to do with his life. A great character. I love him. 

55 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Have been skiing in Austria a number of times at various different resorts. It is great for that at least. I can remember probably their most famous footballer Hans Krankl from the 1982 World Cup I think. Also went to Vienna for the Red Star UEFA Cup game in 2000 and it was a great City. Austria has great apple strudel and Vienna also has or had the largest ferris wheel in the world. That's about all I know off the top of my head.

I have skied in Austria once, can't remember much about it, but that's Austrian skiing holidays for you. :D

The greatest ever Austrian footballer was Matthias Sindelar, as it happens, part of the 'Wunderteam' of the late 1920's/30's. His extraordinary story is hardly known over here, but he refused to play for the Nazi's, after the takeover of Austria in 1938, then died shortly after.

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/01/18/matthias-sindelar-paper-man/

It is hard to find decent footage available of him, or that final 'unification' defeat of the Germans, but the fact he was dead within a year... well, even Jesse Owens got to go home after humiliating Hitler, even if it was to a racist and somewhat segregated USA.

11 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Oskar Kakoschka. All this quality around at the same time as each other, in the same country, incredible.

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Great post....

:thumbup:

Archived