Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

He is a fine player, but I certainly believe that David Nish was the finest left back I have ever seen, here at Leicester.

David Nish and Steve Whitworth are big Leicester legends for me, and I totally agree Nish was a superb left back. I never thought I'd see a better left back than Nish at this club, but I really rate Fuchs so highly. Rarely beaten, intelligent, reads the game so well, never stops running and such a cultured left foot. I think his left foot is more cultured than Nish's, which is why I'd put him slightly ahead. I'm lucky to have watched both playing for LCFC. I also remember being gutted when Nish transferred to Derby, and although disappointed with that decision, I haven't marked him down because of it!

Although he does have the occasional brain blip, I can't think of a fullback-well a left back in the premiership that is as good at Fuchs in one on one situations. Rarely beaten on the floor and in the air. And is a legend too

He's come across as sort of underwhelming in his first two EURO 2016 games with Austria, the team on the whole seems to suffer from a high dosage of nervousness, although they looked more composed and focused against Portugal tonight as opposed to the highly disappointing loss against Hungary.

I do hope we get to see more of Fuchs than just the third and final group stage game against Iceland, which again won't be a walk in the park..

He is playing a different role for Austria though. He was playing a lot higher up the pitch that he does for us.

That's no excuses for some of his passes and crosses though, some were woeful.

Also Len let's not forget how much he gave in every game he played for us and his age, maybe tiredness is playing a part too?

Also Len let's not forget how much he gave in every game he played for us and his age, maybe tiredness is playing a part too?

Was thinking that when Ron missed his pen. Could do with Austria getting knocked out so Fuchs can have a holiday !

This is true. Last season exhausted me, I can only imagine how the players feel!

• 2 weeks later...

Retired from international football.

https://www.facebook.com/fuchslfanseite/?fref=nf

Shame, really.

Retiring at the age of 30? Sounds a bit desperate to me. He had a standout season for us and was one of the cornerstones for Austria's qualification for EURO 2016.

But the national team seemed bereft of energy and passion and I you could assume something did happen within the squad that's forced him to quit.

Maybe he's just desperate to have more spare time for his family in the States, who knows? I wonder whether he'll last another season for us or join the MLS sooner than expected...

Maybe he's just desperate to have more spare time for his family in the States, who knows? I wonder whether he'll last another season for us or join the MLS sooner than expected...

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Would imagine it plays a very big part, can't be easy when they don't live with him.

Can't see him leaving us.

At the end of the the it's a job, there are millions of people out there that have to live/travel to be miles apart from their families - not saying that it is of course easy to handle.

I think he would of looked at a disappointing tournament and considered his options to give the captaincy and opportunity to a younger player and allow him spend international breaks with his family.

It's not uncommon in foreign national sides to retire from 30 onwards to allow the next generation to come through and build for the future - it's just England that allows the like of Rooney to drag the country and not step aside for the next generation

Can't see him leaving us.

At the end of the the it's a job, there are millions of people out there that have to live/travel to be miles apart from their families - not saying that it is of course easy to handle.

I think he would of looked at a disappointing tournament and considered his options to give the captaincy and opportunity to a younger player and allow him spend international breaks with his family.

It's not uncommon in foreign national sides to retire from 30 onwards to allow the next generation to come through and build for the future - it's just England that allows the like of Rooney to drag the country and not step aside for the next generation

Another half a season with us, Champions League and a bit of Europa League maybe - then off in the next transfer window to join an MLS side.

Stranger things have happened.

Wouldn't expect him to be leaving us anytime soon, But do the WC qualifiers start soon? Maybe he's just decided with travelling with us for CL games next year, it leaves him very little free time to visit the US, after all this season, because of the lack of midweek games we played I guess he had the chance to go back on a regular basis.

Next season, he will basically have no free midweeks, between sept and dec and hopefully in the turn of the year we are still in the CL.

https://www.facebook.com/fuchslfanseite/?fref=nf

Shame, really.

Retiring at the age of 30? Sounds a bit desperate to me. He had a standout season for us and was one of the cornerstones for Austria's qualification for EURO 2016.

But the national team seemed bereft of energy and passion and I you could assume something did happen within the squad that's forced him to quit.

He's off to live in the USA with his family when his LCFC contract expires in 2 years so fitting in possible WC wont figure in his plans so he may as well retire now rather than in 2 years on the cusp of the WC.

Besides he wants to become a kicker for the NFL.

Another half a season with us, Champions League and a bit of Europa League maybe - then off in the next transfer window to join an MLS side.

Stranger things have happened.

Can't see it personally.

Fuchs seems the committed type to see it through a whole season then leave

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the reason. 

Think of all those international breaks he can spend in New York with his family.

Archived