Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round...thoughts etc

Play the reserves let's rest Vardy, Mahrez, schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Albrighton, Drinkwater and Kante.

Give the youngsters a go if Gray signs for us don't loan him back but let him make his debut.

Shwarzer

Chilwell

Benalune

Wasilewski

De Laat

Dodoo

James

Dyer

Kramaric

Gray

Lawrence

You have to be pragmatic, and prioritise your competitions.

This season, the push for a top 4 place far exceeds an FA Cup run.

On that basis, wholesale changes on both sides i imagine with an eye on the league game to follow.

As many have said, our current position in the league and the opportunity to break the top four puts the league as a massive priority compared with the FA cup. Give the reserves a run out and see what happens. The game on the 13th is far far more important.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Wasilewski

Benalouane

Chilwell (if available)

Dyer

King

Drinkwater

Gray

Okazaki

Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Kramaric, Vardy, Mahrez, Inler, Morgan, Albrighton (or something like that on the bench)

We'll have Chilwell and Lawrence available for this one, won't we?  Possibly Gray too.  Chuck the youngsters out with a couple of peripheral players and see what they can do:

Schwarzer

De Laet

Wasilewski

Benalouane

Chilwell

Lawrence

Inler

King

Dyer/Gray

Okazaki

Kramaric

Then on Wednesday play (barring anyone playing a blinder on Sunday and retaining their place):

Kasper

Simpson

Wes

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Kanté

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Ulloa

Vardy

Maybe swap Ulloa and Okazaki around, I'm not too fussed there tbh since the difference in their respective impacts on matches seems negligible at the moment.

Maybe swap Ulloa and Okazaki around, I'm not too fussed there tbh since the difference in their respective impacts on matches seems negligible at the moment.

I like Okazaki in the Cup better. He needs to show he can put himself in the dangerous areas and I think there's a better chance he'll find those spaces in a potentially depleted Spurs side in the cup. We know Ulloa can put himself in the dangerous areas but he can't finish right now. Ulloa just needs goals for confidence and he'll get one if he keeps putting himself out there.

Guest CityFan 06

I'm predicting it'll be this:

Schwarzer

De Laet

Wasyl

Benalouane

Chilwell

Dyer

Inler

King

Dodoo

Kramaric

Okazaki

Thoughts? I heard Dyer and Chilwell might not be able to play due to one reason and another. Or maybe they can, I'm not sure. But giving our first XI a break will be very beneficial I reckon.

Obviously Gray might start if the deal is secured in time, but I thought he was going back to B'ham on loan.

Debatable, it was a pretty close run thing this time last year and now Schwarzer is ANOTHER year older. I we were to rest Kasper I'd go with Ben but seeing that he hasn't been making the bench I can't see it happening.

He hasn't been making the bench because he's a 3rd string goalie. Didn't even do that well on loan did he?

He hasn't been making the bench because he's a 3rd string goalie. Didn't even do that well on loan did he?

Still better than Schwarzer. I genuinely can't believe he's our second choice. Hope we have an eye on a keeper during Jan. It'd be horrific if Schwarzer had to play for an extended run in the league.

It's no coincidence that we started to play better defensively last season when Kasper came back into the team.

What does Kasper have to do with Hamer and Schwarzer?

Two games at Spurs in a few days can see them putting out a second string as they prob want the higher place in the league rather than a cup run and I can see CR swapping things round resting Vardy and Mahrez maybe Kante and Albrighton too!

Would like to see Kram given another chance to show CR he has a place in the side and give us an excellent performance again as others say if we sign Gray give him his debut.

It will be a totally changed team for the cup game to the league game against Spurs as we have shown in the past V West Ham our second string are good enough to win games against good opponents, so can really see CR sticking to his words regarding when it's time to rest our first team players!

Whatever the team it's always a spirited game against Spurs and really looking forward to both cup and league games !!

Back to winning ways 1-2 in the cup and 0-1 in the league !!

What does Kasper have to do with Hamer and Schwarzer?

That when Kasper got injured and we relied on Schwarzer we let in a whole load of goals.

Kasper returned to the squad in late February, and we went on our amazing run shortly afterwards.

It's no coincidence.

That when Kasper got injured and we relied on Schwarzer we let in a whole load of goals.

Kasper returned to the squad in late February, and we went on our amazing run shortly afterwards.

It's no coincidence.

But we're discussing who should play if Kasper isn't playing.  :rolleyes:

I don't usually say this for a cup game but rest them all.  Tough slog of fixtures continues and the players looked tired at times yesterday.  Give Kramaric, Inler and Dyer (if allowed) some game time and see how they do.

Archived