Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round...thoughts etc

The silly part about this is Ulloa offers us plan B as a targetman while we're at a point of talking about how we don't have a plan B. Everyone is saying more speed is the answer which is just doubling down on plan A. People just want to see the exact same thing as before and still complain if it's not working without any alternatives.

But Ulloa has hardly made a contribution all season. He's looked crap for a while now let's be honest. We need to invest in someone to take his place. Would rather see someone like Austin take Ulloa's place in the side.

Leo has been poor granted but it helps if he is allowed to play in the 18 yard box and you cross the ball.

Oh we did yesterday but he had already gone off.

This is a chance to rest vardy and ryhiad and get leo upfront. Give dyer 90 mins one side and Albrighton can play on the right for once.

Our second string could be good enough!

The same second string that were lucky to get to extra time at Hull? Nah I'm not having it. We will not take this game seriously and we will lose as a result. I'm not slamming Ranieri as this year I think there's a fairer case for it being put second as we're in with a genuine shout of a league finish that could completely change us as a club. It'd be excellent to be able to compete for both but given the timing of the fixtures this year (in-particular the fact we go away to these three days later) and the blatant fatigue carried by some of our players I can respect why we'll put out a weakened team this time.

It's probably the main reason I haven't bothered going. I just can't see it being worth it.

Schmeichel

RDL - Wasyl - Huth - Chilwell

Inler - King

Gray - Lawrence- Dodoo

Kramaric

Plenty of changes for this one, as we've looked very tired the last few weeks.

Morgan hasn't had a rest in forever, so swap him out with Wasyl in his place to rough up the Spurs attackers a bit before the league game.

Fuchs and Simpson have played plenty recently, and we have able deputies in RDL and Chilwell (if he's here) to take their place.

Total overhaul attacking-wise for me, though. Claudio has said that we have one style and we do it well, but I can't see him being satisfied with that long-term - he'll want options. Switching to a 4-2-3-1 might be worth an experiment.

Kanté probably could play, as could DD, but I'd give minutes to Inler to see if he can get up to pace before we send him away, and King could do with a run-out. James if fit could feature.

And a very speculative front 4 of Gray, Lawrence and Dodoo, with Kramaric in front of them. Kram does have ability and seems to be working harder from his cameo at 'pool, so I'd give him a run out in place of Shinji and Leo who have been rubbish lately. Vardy needs a rest, and Mahrez hasn't looked his usual self. See what the young'uns can do.

Lawrence loan at Blackburn will be extended to the end of the season according to Paul Lambert, so don't bother picking him.

I'd go with

Schmeichel

De Laet

Chilwell

Morgan

Wasilewski

Dyer

Albrighton

King

Inler

Kramaric

Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Simpson, Huth, Mahrez, Ulloa, Okazaki, Kante, Gray (If signed in time).

The position Spurs are in they're never likely to play more than half of their first team, certainly not Kane, Alli or Eriksen, especially as they have us coming back in the league a few days later.

Schwartzer

De Laet

Chilwell

Wasyl

Benalouane

Kingy

Inler

Dyer

Albrighton

Okazaki

Kramaric

Can't say I give a toss about this. Cup football has been a near constant disappointment at City in the last three years because we never seem more than half committed and I can't imagine any difference this season given our pre-occupation with the league games.   

People can be given "run-outs" but they have no real bearing on the first team games and don't really offer a gateway to the team any more than Under21 football, more's the pity.

That's our attitude, I think it should change but few will agree with me while we can sign biggish name loanees or import national captains, with all the publicity about "ambition" that generates, whatever contribution they make in a football sense.

Indeed our attitude is reflected in the comments above about fielding "weakened" teams...not to mention the sort of teams we got knocked out by.  

I wonder if car dealers will start promoting their business in the same way - offering "trial" vehicles for sale or others with welded chasis, worn tyres or high mileage engines on their lush forecourts.

Once upon a time the FA or League Cups offered the prospect of something exciting. Now they don't even stir the soul.    

The position Spurs are in they're never likely to play more than half of their first team, certainly not Kane, Alli or Eriksen, especially as they have us coming back in the league a few days later.

Schwartzer

De Laet

Chilwell

Wasyl

Benalouane

Kingy

Inler

Dyer

Albrighton

Okazaki

Kramaric

Spurs always try to do well in the fa cup so I think they'd field a strong team, which is why I think we should kick them off the park with a second team.

Kasper

RDL

Benny

Was

Chilwell (presuming he's back from his loan)

Dyer

Inler

King

Gray/Lawrence (if Gray is signed in time then he gets the nod for me as Lawrence seems to be heading back out on loan)

Kramaric

Ulloa

Think CR will start with Kramaric & Ulloa because I'm sure I read somewhere that CR thinks this partnership brings the best out of each player as does Okazaki & Vardy?

No point partnering Okazaki and Kramaric, as we did against Hull, as it just doesn't work as a partnership. I'd like to see Kramaric given 90 minutes alongside Ulloa.

Quite a few people picking Morgan as well. If anyone could do with a rest it's the player who's been playing pretty much non-stop since August 2014!

Schemichel

Simpson

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Dyer

King

Inler

Gray

Kramaric

Ulloa

Subs: Simpson, Kante, Drinkwater, Okazaki, Hamer, Benalouane/Wasyl, Albrighton

I think Morgan deserves a few days off, the man's been colossal this season with only a weeks break and at his age as well a few days off could be shrewd. Plus I think Chilwell needs to be involved and having Fuchs next to him could work.

Schmeichs

De Laet

Morgan

Was/Bena

Chillwell/Fuchs

Dyer

King

Inler

Drinky/James

Gray

Kram (Although most likely to be Leo if we play this formation)

Everton looked a lot more secure when they went to playing 3 cm's so I could see us doing the same. 

Whatever team Spurs put out, it's going to be strong. Even in the europa when they've had to travel around the world 8 times they have played strong squads, so I doubt Pochettino has any qualms about playing a fairly strong squad in this game.

Archived