Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

EU referendum opinion poll.

EU referendum poll.  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish the UK to remain in or leave the EU?

• Remain
    • Leave.
    • Not sure

You know what?  You're right.  Let's replace all of our current imports with produce from New Zealand.

Well if European farmers refuse to sell their produce to us at least we've got something to fall back on.

Sorry Carl but your arguments are just getting a bit more daft here.

One of two things can happen regarding trade after Brexit, they can cut us a very generous trade deal similar to China which would be in both of our interests, or they can deliberate be recalcitrant towards us and behave like a spoilt child that hasn't got their way, if the former is true them terrific, if the latter is true than it would prove we should never have gone near such an organisation in the first place, their is a massive World outside the EU and I get the impression you are being very deliberate here in trying to feather your own nest rather than looking at what is best for Britain and the future of the poorer countries in the European Union.

As for using the common fisheries policy as a good base, actually go and speak to British fisherman whose have been absolutely destroyed by such a project.

Karren Brady has pretty mch just used the line of "They'll be beastly to us if we leave" if we vote to come out of the EU speaking to a crowd in Slough.

If that's really true - if they'd be that vindictive - why are we inviting them to govern Britain? Can anyone answer that?

Do we not already compete with other countries? Just because we're in the EU, it doesn't stop Germany and France being a competitor for contracts.  Serious question.

I don't really know babs - hence all the questions - trying to get my head around it. 

*Ad hominem bullcrap.  Matt you never can help yourself*

As for using the common fisheries policy as a good base, actually go and speak to British fisherman whose have been absolutely destroyed by such a project.

I should have put a sarcasm alert on that comment, huh?  Jon's the only one who got a serious response in that comment, I can have fun sometimes too.

Being serious I do actually agree that CFP needs a massive overhaul and decentralisation.

Also being serious: Why is it vindictive for a capitalist economy to charge us normal rates for its goods instead of keeping the special agreement mates rates that we've voted ourselves out of?

I should have put a sarcasm alert on that comment, huh?  Jon's the only one who got a serious response in that comment, I can have fun sometimes too.

Being serious I do actually agree that CFP needs a massive overhaul and decentralisation.

Also being serious: Why is it vindictive for a capitalist economy to charge us normal rates for its goods instead of keeping the special agreement mates rates that we've voted ourselves out of?

Given your previous comments and obvious love for anything EU it was more than believable that the CFP would have your total support. If you aren't going to bother answering any of my points or questions and just casting it off a bullshit everytime I'm not going to bither, they'll be more than enough on here aside from me prepared to argue with your scaremongering over the next four months.

-----------------------------

Early spreadsheet of how your MP will be voting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vp6viBi5DA4avMgR2Y8lKrrAUqJp-0zL2LZB6iVD3uU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=450656551

Given your previous comments and obvious love for anything EU it was more than believable that the CFP would have your total support. If you aren't going to bother answering any of my points or questions and just casting it off a bullshit everytime I'm not going to bither, they'll be more than enough on here aside from me prepared to argue with your scaremongering over the next four months.

-----------------------------

Early spreadsheet of how your MP will be voting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vp6viBi5DA4avMgR2Y8lKrrAUqJp-0zL2LZB6iVD3uU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=450656551

Stop trying to make every debate a personal attack and I'll be happy to give you more due consideration.

If we wished we could opt for unilateral free trade. Prof Patrick Minford did a study on this and suggested out cost of living would fall by around 8% on exit.

If they (they means the politicians) didn't want to sell us their goods then more fool them. World market prices for goods are lower than the EU's due to its protectionist nature.

Trade deals can be sought with individual countries or blocks to allow no restriction of trade to our exporters.

As I mentioned above politicians might be vindictive but companies will sell to anybody they can. Why would they want to lose revenue?

Before we joined the EU we used to buy most of our beef from Uruguay, when we joined their economy colapsed. Buying our food from outside the EU could be a boon for third world countries.

Before we joined the EU we used to buy most of our beef from Uruguay, when we joined their economy colapsed. Buying our food from outside the EU could be a boon for third world countries.

Indeed, meanwhile if the price of EU imported milk increased, that would be a good thing for our dairy industry.

Before we joined the EU we used to buy most of our beef from Uruguay, when we joined their economy colapsed. Buying our food from outside the EU could be a boon for third world ocountries.

This.

It is a disgrace that the EU bans nearly all agricultural products from Africa to 'protect' the inflated prices in EU countries.

I'm sure I'm correct in saying that African countries miss out on a significant income stream as a result of the CET.

Yeah, here you go: http://capx.co/how-the-eu-starves-africa-into-submission/

The internationalist voter must look at these policies and question whether being part of an agreement which benefits the poorer European countries is worth the harm done to the even poorer African states.

If we wished we could opt for unilateral free trade. Prof Patrick Minford did a study on this and suggested out cost of living would fall by around 8% on exit.

If they (they means the politicians) didn't want to sell us their goods then more fool them. World market prices for goods are lower than the EU's due to its protectionist nature.

Trade deals can be sought with individual countries or blocks to allow no restriction of trade to our exporters.

As I mentioned above politicians might be vindictive but companies will sell to anybody they can. Why would they want to lose revenue?

Tbf you're absolutely right.  Don't know why I've been making such an elementary mistake all morning (well I do but I won't bother you all with excuses).

I'm sure I'm correct in saying that African countries miss out on a significant income stream as a result of the CET.

Yeah, here you go: http://capx.co/how-the-eu-starves-africa-into-submission/

The internationalist voter must look at these policies and question whether being part of an agreement which benefits the poorer European countries is worth the harm done to the even poorer African states.

Cheers, that was a good read.

I agree, it's not working perfectly and finding a solution to the problem is tough so let's all take a leaf out of this debate here and give up on the whole idea; let's disband parliament; tear down the banks and corporations; torch the post offices; set the shopping malls on fire; then sit back and watch the world burn.

Or something more sensible and democratic, a PR voting system. If we had it, it's quite likely, 98% of all votes would end up in Parliament, 50% today?

The European Union has many flaws. I know people who think there is nothing to be corrected and, despite our friendships, I would argue they were wrong. I'm also unashamedly patriotic and the thought of going alone again is always going to sound appealing. We're Great Britain after all.

Yet, I also love our country too much to put our position in the International Market at risk. Standing alone has advantages, but if we go it alone, we will still be subject to European laws regardless. Norway and Switzerland are, despite being used as an example of a Brexit. What good business practice comes from negotiation without a voice? The United States is a Union, don't forget, so the Union with our European allies is the only thing that can truly counter act our transatlantic friends from over monopolising the free market (despite our strong ties). Finally, it has played a part in keeping the peace since the end of World War Two. I'm no pacifist but that's surely good?

So, whilst not everything about it is perfect, I shall be voting for our United Kingdom to remain part of an United Europe.

I hope people on the leave side don't use Norway and Switzerland as examples of what we could be.

We are a far bigger nation with far more people, we're the fifth biggest economy in the World, something those two countries could only dream of.

We have millions of people across the planet from doctors to lawyers to who would do anything to be able to live and work here.

An independent Great Britain will be far mightier than those two countries in standing and strength, we're really doing ourselves a disservice if that's the comparison. Look at America instead and at what they built after declaring independence.

Makes me chuckle how people still bang on about Norway, Switzerland and Iceland and how they supposedly have a terrible time outside of the EU.  If that really were the case then it's pretty bizarre that none of them want to entertain the idea of joining.  

Indeed that is a question for the remainers, if this referendum was the other way round and we were being asked if we wanted to join the European Union in its current form...what would your answer honestly be?

All this talk of how we'd be worse off trade wise wouldn't even need to be debated if they'd  stuck to the original concept of a common trading market.

It's beyond me how they think we can have political union at an ever increasing rate when whole sections of Europe want independence from their current political status.

Archived