Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Got shot down in January's transfer thread but I still think Joe Allen would be a decent signing for us. Great passer of the ball and good work ethic. Seems to be getting few more games for Liverpool though so not sure he would leave now.

I agree. I think he's a good footballer. I'd be very happy to have him at the club

Very decent shout.

I've always liked Holtby.

One problem we had this season, is that we had no like for like replacement for Drinkwater when he was injured. And we didn't look the same without Danny pulling the strings.

Holtby is similar to Drinkwater in many ways, very tenacious, hard working, strong tackler and can pick out a pass.

I know Walsh & CR will handle this correctly but the last thing Leicester needs is a big name contract or EGO to go with it. Keep on finding young players who can grow with the team !!

Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku or Mario Baloteli are not the players this team needs.

Good post that man.

Regarding any new signings, we don't want to lose the core values we hold that has helped the last few seasons to get to the position and outlook we have today being

1st and foremost a hardworking team player.

Pearson took a while to move on the "egos" or "bad apples in the camp", we don't want these sort of players disrupting anything.

Were going to be in a very difficult position of trying to add more quality to the team in certain areas, without disrupting the harmony and all for one squad mentality we currently hold.

And any new arrivals could be on bigger money and may want a starting spot instantly, thus putting other players noses out of joint.

I feel this is going to be one of the most important Transfer Windows we have faced for a very long time, adding quality but with our success comes extra £££ which other Clubs, Agents and players will know....we don't want to pay over inflated prices.

Its going to be a very exciting summer indeed, with England and Leicesters transfer activity.

Regarding any new signings, we don't want to lose the core values we hold that has helped the last few seasons to get to the position and outlook we have today being

1st and foremost a hardworking team player.

Pearson took a while to move on the "egos" or "bad apples in the camp", we don't want these sort of players disrupting anything.

Were going to be in a very difficult position of trying to add more quality to the team in certain areas, without disrupting the harmony and all for one squad mentality we currently hold.

And any new arrivals could be on bigger money and may want a starting spot instantly, thus putting other players noses out of joint.

I feel this is going to be one of the most important Transfer Windows we have faced for a very long time, adding quality but with our success comes extra £££ which other Clubs, Agents and players will know....we don't want to pay over inflated prices.

Its going to be a very exciting summer indeed, with England and Leicesters transfer activity.

I really dont see any resentment over fees or wages being an issue at all

Agree 100%.

This year may well be a one off, so we should stick to the long term strategy of buying in talented young players and building for a 3 years horizon. Trying to buy success has been shown to be unustainable, so we should enjoy CL next year, expect to finish mid-table but be stronger overall at the end of the year, both financially and in terms of the player pool. This is inline with the owners strategy and likely to be more sucessful long-term than trying to buy in big names.

Bringing in talented young players won't improve the team next season, as we've seen it takes a season to make the step up.

As for finishing mid-table, I'd hope the owners, management, team and fans will be hoping for better than that. If this is a one off let's not go out with a whimper.

Agree mostly.. But your long term plan changes a little when you reach your ultimate goal in 1 season.

Because of our champions league position we will move from good young players To excellent potentially world class young players and build with them.

This hopefully

Agree mostly.. But your long term plan changes a little when you reach your ultimate goal in 1 season.

Because of our champions league position we will move from good young players To excellent potentially world class young players and build with them.

im not sure young players will be signing for us for champions league football. as we've said this is probably a one off, and a youngster takes a year or two to get properly involved (see gray and amartey). if we signed another gray in the summer i doubt he'd play more than 5 minutes of champions league football in his entire career here.

Sometimes the forum astounds even myself.

If some people can't see that Balotelli is the complete antithesis of everything that is good about LCFC, I kinda give up.

It doesn't need explaining.

Mad isn't it. We've got so much more power here than people realise. We're probably going to be in a position where we can attract players here from clubs like Valencia. Why on earth gamble on a proven failure like Balotelli?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else like the look of that Kirchhoff at Sunderland? Strong, good tackler and distribution looked very good. Could possibly be a clever signing.

Wanyama be better.

Sometimes the forum astounds even myself.

If some people can't see that Balotelli is the complete antithesis of everything that is good about LCFC, I kinda give up.

It doesn't need explaining.

But yet people wouldnt take Benteke? i dont get that either.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else like the look of that Kirchhoff at Sunderland? Strong, good tackler and distribution looked very good. Could possibly be a clever signing.

Kirchoff looks like a player who can control the tempo of the game from midfield, i think this is one of the (very) few weaknesses we have in the team

Archived