Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

New rumour - Christian Benteke. Set to leave Liverpool pundits recon LC may make a move. God, I hope not.

Romelu Lukaku would be a much better option as he is rumoured to be looking for CL football next season.

Lincoln's about his level :D

Deal agreed?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/leicester-city-transfer-news-la-liga-defender-luis-hernandez-agrees-free-agent-move-foxes-1554709?

I know nothing about him (as I've not got FIFA :) ) but presume he's decent else we wouldn't be in for him.

Be careful with this. Bebe "must've" been good because Man Utd were in for him but look how that turned out. 

Considering his age, record, previous cost, market value etc... I'm sure he's definitely worth £32.5m of anyone's money.

Everton paid £29m for him.

I think we can all agree his value has only gone up since then and by much more than £3.5m.

I hear spurs are trying to sign this Dembele kid as well.... that would be their 3rd Dembele... 2 of which are young strikers! Almost feel like they're taking the piss!

Can we just get Balotelli?

He's on 90k a week. China apparently interested, but maybe Claudio can convince him to give the PL another go.

He is so lazy and unhinged. Would go against everything our player's stand for. Not worth the risk as could totally destroy the team spirit and what message does it sent out to the players when Claudio agrees to this overpaid, lazy player with a notoriously bad attitude. 

I hear spurs are trying to sign this Dembele kid as well.... that would be their 3rd Dembele... 2 of which are young strikers! Almost feel like they're taking the piss!

Wouldn't be worried about Spurs, we've got more pulling power then that club currently.

I know Walsh & CR will handle this correctly but the last thing Leicester needs is a big name contract or EGO to go with it. Keep on finding young players who can grow with the team !!

Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku or Mario Baloteli are not the players this team needs.

I think as a versatile defensive option, Eugene Khacheridi from Dynamo Kiev would be a great option to have, can play right back and centre back and would slot straight into the English game well i think. A committed, tough tackler who would buy into the team ethic at Leicester.

Benteke would be a good signing IMO too, not sure why people would be against that. Scores goals and has been mis used at Liverpool in systems that dont suit him.

I know Walsh & CR will handle this correctly but the last thing Leicester needs is a big name contract or EGO to go with it. Keep on finding young players who can grow with the team !!

Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku or Mario Baloteli are not the players this team needs.

I know what you mean but in terms of Lukaku there's absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude or ego from what I can tell. Not that we'll be able to get him, he'll move to another Champions League team. Deserves too as well.

People need to get over this ego thing. Our problems in the past with 'egos' were that our recruitment seemingly wasn't based on players that would fit the club, it was just players that seemed good on paper (that's how it seemed to me). So we ended up buying overrated players on large wages for large fees that didn't really fit together, yes Beckford Mills etc may have been ***** at times but with our current setup at the club I don't think we'll allow that to happen. Not every 'big name' player has an ego and if we buy a player these days it's because Walsh etc think he'll fit in, regardless of his price/wage to some extent. Players like Mahrez and Vardy were bargains yes but also exceptions. We can't keep expecting to buy players for a pittance that will turn out as good as they have. We will need to spend more to get the players we need for the CL

Agree 100%.

This year may well be a one off, so we should stick to the long term strategy of buying in talented young players and building for a 3 years horizon. Trying to buy success has been shown to be unustainable, so we should enjoy CL next year, expect to finish mid-table but be stronger overall at the end of the year, both financially and in terms of the player pool. This is inline with the owners strategy and likely to be more sucessful long-term than trying to buy in big names.

Agree 100%.

This year may well be a one off, so we should stick to the long term strategy of buying in talented young players and building for a 3 years horizon. Trying to buy success has been shown to be unustainable, so we should enjoy CL next year, expect to finish mid-table but be stronger overall at the end of the year, both financially and in terms of the player pool. This is inline with the owners strategy and likely to be more sucessful long-term than trying to buy in big names.

Agree mostly.. But your long term plan changes a little when you reach your ultimate goal in 1 season.

Because of our champions league position we will move from good young players To excellent potentially world class young players and build with them.

Got shot down in January's transfer thread but I still think Joe Allen would be a decent signing for us. Great passer of the ball and good work ethic. Seems to be getting few more games for Liverpool though so not sure he would leave now.

Archived