Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Does anyone ever book a doctors appointment, and then by the time that appointment comes around the symptoms have all cleared up?

My way of saying I’m in an OK patch right now but I have my first therapy session tomorrow. 

Very often. The therapy takes so long to sort that im often at least half way there by the time it comes around.

Im a mixed bag. Ive cancelled one but if it is your first ever, make sure you go to fix the underlying issues.

The one i cancelled was because i already had the tools to "fix" myself, but that came from earlier counselling etc. If i hadn't managed to fix myself on my own id have gone along because there is no shame in a "slip"

Hope that makes sense. It did in my head.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2019 at 15:20, Paninistickers said:

I got a new job. 

This might be part of the problem. I've never been happy in work. The longest job I had was sat in front of a PC for almost 10 years on my own doing repetitive tasks. I'm not qualified as anything either to get anything better. At 16 I left school and went into this job, 9-5, all my friends from school stayed on and went to uni etc, I lost contact with them. A few times since I've worked in a warehouse I remember I was in tears and had to pack it in after a few weeks. I don't fit in anywhere. All I could think of was I can't wait to get home to be away from this, then I get used to being on my own. I can't remember the last time I met anyone new, I've been on courses that were supposed to help, mind and cognitive therapy I think. This was around 5 years ago, they gave me tasks like trying to start a conversation randomly with someone I don't know in a shop for example, I couldn't do it then and I still can't :(

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I have no experience of CBT but tasks like making conversation with a random person wouldn't wash with me either. It's a sure fire way to make yourself look.like a complete Muppet and destroy what little confidence  you have. So bin that idea.

I replied to you originally as I've been in similar slumps. Recently with a divorce and as a young guy....Single, boringly dull nowhere job, no education, narrow social circle and shy. I have a criminal lack of charisma too!

But I do have a logical mind. And I'm a calculated risk taker.

Depends on your finances. But in the slump i had years ago, I jacked in my job. Had a summer off. Jogged, got a tan, gym, went cricket. Went to the library and started reading. Kept myself to myself.

I then cleared off abroad. Took advantage of EU free movement. Paid three months rent on a flat. Rocked up at a job agency, clueless in the language. The job agency warmed to me and found me an office job as fluent English was needed. The colleagues warmed to my naivety. And life started to get a bit of momentum.

The point of all that is take a calculated risk with your life. Fack trying to make friends and just put yourself in a scenario that lands you in new situations. 

Ultimately pal, I kinda like being at base zero as the only way is up. 

Keep posting on here with updates!

Which country did you spend a few months in mate? It’s something I would love to do if things with me all go to shit.

The only thing that will hold me back from going away for a couple of months is work. I’ve recently been given a promotion on a permanent basis which significantly enhances my earnings potential so I would probably ask for a couple of months off.

Hoping things don’t go to shit and this situation never arises but there we go.

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Which country did you spend a few months in mate? It’s something I would love to do if things with me all go to shit.

The only thing that will hold me back from going away for a couple of months is work. I’ve recently been given a promotion on a permanent basis which significantly enhances my earnings potential so I would probably ask for a couple of months off.

Hoping things don’t go to shit and this situation never arises but there we go.

Germany.

I'd recommend any northern European / Scandinavian country if language skills are an issue.

Each has a 'can do' attitude ....and perfect English skills are highly prized.

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Germany.

I'd recommend any northern European / Scandinavian country if language skills are an issue.

That's everyone on here fvcked.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Germany.

Cheers, it’s a very unlikely situation that will see me doing that.

If anything was to happen I would probably go to east Asia for a month or so I recon.

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Anyone else see the ‘Low cost Counselling’ advert appear on this thread? 

Talk about targeted advertising! 

All I see is a banner telling me to stop using Adblock... :whistle:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

I have an ad for Mini. Interesting because I have been considering a mid life crisis car!

A mini?

Back in my day, a Harley was the answer to a mid-life crisis. lol

To spend over 2h in a certain thread writing/deleting but not actually post anything..1

Edited by Suzie the Fox
please ignore ....................................
  • Like 2

Does anyone else ever get worried when they feel happy for a period of time? 

Seems like every time i’m feeling good I have a horrible feeling somethings about to go wrong. Always seems to be 1-2 weeks of smooth sailing and then I’m back hoping I don’t wake up. 

11 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Does anyone else ever get worried when they feel happy for a period of time? 

Seems like every time i’m feeling good I have a horrible feeling somethings about to go wrong. Always seems to be 1-2 weeks of smooth sailing and then I’m back hoping I don’t wake up. 

It's probably more common than you think, mate.

Life is cyclical and it's as important to learn to enjoy the good times as it is to cope with the bad times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

To spend over 2h in a certain thread writing/deleting but not actually post anything..1

I know that feeling!