Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

Anyone in the Oadby / Wigston area who's struggling with mental health and wants to look to fitness as a solution then please drop me a PM and let me recommend my PT. he's a top guy, the gym is ****ing great and full of nice people and it's really given me something to focus on. I'd love to pay him back by passing on a few referrals. Even if you don't stick with it, just have a free chat and a look at what you could be achieving with your body, even if your mind ain't all too good. 

Peace x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’m in the gym smashing it right now Daz.

I truly believe this place (the gym) is a godsend to me and it’s no surprise that because I’m the fittest and healthiest I’ve been in a long time, I’m in the best place mentally I’ve been in a long time too.

There’s definitely something in this ‘healthy body, healthy mind’ malarkey :thumbup:

Glad to hear things are going well for you mate!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’m in the gym smashing it right now Daz.

I truly believe this place (the gym) is a godsend to me and it’s no surprise that because I’m the fittest and healthiest I’ve been in a long time, I’m in the best place mentally I’ve been in a long time too.

There’s definitely something in this ‘healthy body, healthy mind’ malarkey :thumbup:

On more than one level too. The sense of achievement is great for one’s self esteem, and the endorphins are great stress busters. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

jesus ****ing christ. 

highs to lows atm. 

felt great earlier. feel like destroying myself tonight. 

i don't want any of this ffs. 

Try 21 days clean - they say it takes that long to form a habit.

PM me if you need an ear.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Try 21 days clean - they say it takes that long to form a habit.

PM me if you need an ear.

i can't do it man. 

my clean mind is absolutely killing me. 

numbing it every night is the only thing that stops me from going off the ****ing rails, I'm sure.

i try, i really do, but it's too easy to take a couple of pills, hit the weed and bottle a little bit and just feel - back to zero. 

i know it's not helping in the long run, but it's like a reset button that puts me to sleep and I try again the next day. 

I'll PM you if I need to x

32 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

jesus ****ing christ. 

highs to lows atm. 

felt great earlier. feel like destroying myself tonight. 

i don't want any of this ffs. 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i can't do it man. 

numbing it every night is the only thing that stops me from going off the ****ing rails, I'm sure.

i try, i really do, but it's too easy to take a couple of pills, hit the weed and bottle a little bit and just feel - back to zero. 

i know it's not helping in the long run, but it's like a reset button that puts me to sleep and I try again the next day. 

Daz, I've said many times on here that "We're living in the feeling of our thinking - 100% of the time". You felt great earlier because you were having positive and empowering thoughts (the gym, great people, something to focus on etc.)

Now, you feel like destroying yourself and that's also coming from thought (negative ones). 

Notice what you're thinking right now that's making you feel low... (and just because it's a thought, that doesn't mean it's reality or the truth)

my clean mind is absolutely killing me. Nope - you just think it is.

numbing it every night is the only thing that stops me from going off the ****ing rails, I'm sure. Nope - you just think it is.

it's too easy to take a couple of pills, hit the weed and bottle a little bit and just feel - back to zero.  Nope - you just think it is.

I wish I could explain this better and I'm probably not helping one bit. It's so difficult to articulate what I mean through a keyboard :(

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i can't do it man. 

I presume your single, I think you need to get into a relationship its a tough world you need a soul mate as corny as it sounds, easier said than done though.

That would cut out a lot of the problems your having I've been in a similar position (still am kind off)

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I presume your single, I think you need to get into a relationship its a tough world you need a soul mate as corny as it sounds, easier said than done though.

That would cut out a lot of the problems your having I've been in a similar position (still am kind off)

married. currently being a selfish cvnt and doing everything possible / can do to **** it up.

close though. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

i can't do it man. 

The thing is, bro, whenever you tell yourself, "I can't do this", it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy; conversely, if you tell yourself, "I can do this", the battle is already half won.

All of our greatest achievements begin with that simple statement of self-belief.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 3

Weed isn't a problem for me tbh. It's one thing that helps me switch off. I don't suffer with weed related paranoia or anxiety. I can pick it up and put it down at a moments notice. Just been away for 4 weeks travel and haven't touched it, felt fine. Had a little bit since being back and still fine. 

Ideally want to reach a life scenario where I just don't want it at all. That's all it is - a want. I guess I'm struggling with getting things set out but I'm not depressed, just frustrated right now. If that makes sense. All of the hard shit I'm going through is my route to avoiding depression. It's just a ****ing struggle getting there. 

I think that depression is closely associated with other aspects of the mind such as intelligence and whether the person is naturally optimistic or pessimistic. The sad truth is that if one has the 'right' combination of these characteristics, depression will almost inevitably appear and is something that will then never really go away, no matter how much therapy one has or what drugs are taken. Also, the brain learns how to be depressed, and unlearning it is far from easy.

Hi guys, 

I’m knew around here. And well, I’m a young man who goes to college, I don’t really think many people would realise, from the outside I appear outgoing. But I suffer from mild depression and have been doing so from around late January time. It’s tough, I feel isolated and cut off from the world. Things have improved slightly over the last few months with gym work and stuff, and I do know ways to help manage it. However, it’s hard, I still find it a challenge to combat these dark thoughts. My mates do know, however, I feel pretty distant from my mates as they do host stuff without me, eg a party tonight (which I wasn’t invited too) and stuff like when they go on nights out. Doesn’t really feel like I fit in. Ah well that was a load of waffle

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Always read this thread with very much pleasure and interest, as there are people out there (on here in this instance) who are willing to help others in 'crisis' thoughts/situations - even though they have no personal connection with them.

Possibly one of the most thought-provoking and eye-opening threads on General Chat.

Well said Wymes.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LcfcOk said:

Hi guys, 

I’m knew around here. And well, I’m a young man who goes to college, I don’t really think many people would realise, from the outside I appear outgoing. But I suffer from mild depression and have been doing so from around late January time. It’s tough, I feel isolated and cut off from the world. Things have improved slightly over the last few months with gym work and stuff, and I do know ways to help manage it. However, it’s hard, I still find it a challenge to combat these dark thoughts. My mates do know, however, I feel pretty distant from my mates as they do host stuff without me, eg a party tonight (which I wasn’t invited too) and stuff like when they go on nights out. Doesn’t really feel like I fit in. Ah well that was a load of waffle

Hey mate, make sure you talk to anyone you can, GPs, friends, family, its difficult i know, but letting people know where you are at can really help in the future :)

11 hours ago, LcfcOk said:

Hi guys, 

Welcome, mate. ?

A couple of things:

Never feel apologetic for ‘waffling’ on here - saying what’s on your mind without fear of judgement is what the thread’s all about. 

Top marks for hitting the gym; exercise is the best weapon you have in the fight against depression. If you can add healthy eating to that, so much the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1