Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

Won everything in the air, brave in the tackle, some big clearances when we were under the kosh, had a big part in the build up to the goal. Given he has a reputation for going missing in games, thought he was brilliant, even better than against West Brom. In my subjective opinion anyway! :P

Schlupp was very good, but I'm lauding King for his box-to-box play and particularly his defensive showing!

King's never going to get appreciation unless he bags a couple. I can't remember seeing him misplace a pass when he came on, he was constantly positive in his play, he helped things tick. He was always back marshaling the defence and he was a threat around the box at their end.

King's never going to get appreciation unless he bags a couple. I can't remember seeing him misplace a pass when he came on, he was constantly positive in his play, he helped things tick. He was always back marshaling the defence and he was a threat around the box at their end.

Bullshit, there is no conspiracy against him. He did well today, but to say he he was extremely better then Kante or Drinky in the second half is nonsense

This is amazing. Been following City since mid 60´ies and never experienced anything like this. It never was an easy ride supporting them from the doldrums of relegation til League One to this - milking this big time and very emotional. We are edging closer and what an incredible feat this is. Long may it continue from a still sweating supporter from overseas.

Good signs from the energy levels again tonight and it's looking more like the lack of cup action is going to really help on the run in compared to the other sides. Vardy ran his socks off again which always left room for the midfield to push up. Great goal in a game that otherwise didn't really excel or excite though. Maybe I'm starting to get nervous but I don't like 1-0's.

Newcastle next with rumours that Moyes might be stepping in. I'm hoping it'll be the game after as Leicester have already seen off 2 managers this season following victories. Be nice to get to 3 by the season end.

Bookies now have Leicester City as evens for the title. Spurs 3-1 and Arsenal 5-1. The bulk of betting volume has been on Leicester for a few weeks when they shared the same odds as these other two clubs. Now though that's likely to change with these new odds.

Claudio is a tactical sodding genius, week after week he pulls this shit. Amazing.

Makes you laugh at all the Clownio nonsense we heard at the start of the season. This man knows exactly what he is doing and is getting so much out of what is a fairly limited group of players.

His in-game and overall management has been immense.

Guest CityFan 06

Pleased I got my prediction right from earlier, I said a 0-1 win for us. I kind of thought before the game it would be a close tense match. Luckily for us a piece of class from Mahrez won us the 3pts today.

Can you actually believe this is happening l? When we first went up I thought we would fight at the top, but I was scared to tell oleo olé my thoughts as I thought I may have piss took out of me! I just wish I put my money on it

Bullshit, there is no conspiracy against him. He did well today, but to say he he was extremely better then Kante or Drinky in the second half is nonsense

I didn't say anything like that :S I do think he was a bit better than Kante though. He used the ball better, he help his position better. There were times at the end where we needed to keep our shape and Kante tearing around still was a bit detrimental to us.

Makes you laugh at all the Clownio nonsense we heard at the start of the season. This man knows exactly what he is doing and is getting so much out of what is a fairly limited group of players.

His in-game and overall management has been immense.

On top of that he is a genuinely nice guy you know the players have so much respect for him like us fans he never moans and has been a class act

I didn't say anything like that :S I do think he was a bit better than Kante though. He used the ball better, he help his position better. There were times at the end where we needed to keep our shape and Kante tearing around still was a bit detrimental to us.

If you look at the stats, in the second half he lost more tackles and missed place passes then Kante or Drinky

If you look at the stats, in the second half he lost more tackles and missed place passes then Kante or Drinky

Fair enough, any chance of a link? I still feel like he contributed in a big way. It's credit where it's due, I don't think anyone's calling him a hero or saying that he's better than the other two based on todays performance.

Deeney and Ighalo were never allowed to link up. 1 minute to go and there was open ball to Vardy in space and we played to the corner flag to win the game. A professional away performance. Wes and Fuchs with yellow cards ~ what's their tally?

I believe we're going to do it. I really do. and I've thought so since November when we drew with Man Utd at home.

Why, you may ask. Because in my 40 years of supporting LCFC we'd never been top of the league in November. Never. So it was clear that something unprecedented was happening and if so, why shouldn't it continue? We obviously had a squad of fantastic players who gel when playing together.

I watched the game tonight in a pub in Oswestry, Shropshire with my dad. Oswestry is not a football hotbed and we must have been the only Leicester supporters there, but when Mahrez scored the whole pub erupted in euphoric cheering. WTF as they say nowadays.

We can do it and I am convinced we will.

Archived