Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

Guest CityFan 06

Another incredible victory. Excellent character shown again to grind out another important 3pts in this amazing journey. Ranieri showed his tactical masterclass with three very good substitutions. Schlupp put in another impressive display and he has looked promising for a few games now coming on as a sub, King was brilliant in the centre midfield and Amartey did well to help seal the win. So happy, 5pts clear at the top of English football, immense.  

Oh come on king was OK, no better then, say Kante, the guy that made the most impact was Schluppy

One thing I will say, King had a key part in the goal... If he hadn't made the back post run he did, the defender would not have cleared the ball directly to Mahrez

Guest CityFan 06

Simpson and Drinkwater were superb today. And what a strike from Mahrez, sublime effort. A sign of a very classy player when you can produce pieces of quality like that today, which ultimately won us the game.

Brilliant second half & Ranieri got it spot on with the changes.

Drinkwater MOTM for me, ran the show and also put in some great defensive work at times, Kante improved as the game went on, Schlupp & King changed the game and I thought Danny Simpson was very solid again.

Few negatives and that's a poor performance from Fuchs & Wes was shaky; however we still kept a clean sheet.

Big big win, happy days :D

I broke my toe two nights ago on the iron legs of the coffee table during a midnight kitchen raid in the dark.  I clinched my whole body, including foot, during the Deeney chance first half.  My poor toe has been throbbing ever since.  All I can do is laugh now.

I can't believe this season! It is incredible. Time and time again we are given challenges but we just seem to be steam rollering them all. Massive 3 points that. Gives us a slip up cushion. The bus is truly going mental. Vardy's party is bouncing and Ranieri's dilly dong bell ain't stopped ringing! We shall not be moved!

Oh come on king was OK, no better then, say Kante, the guy that made the most impact was Schluppy

Won everything in the air, brave in the tackle, some big clearances when we were under the kosh, had a big part in the build up to the goal. Given he has a reputation for going missing in games, thought he was brilliant, even better than against West Brom. In my subjective opinion anyway! :P

Schlupp was very good, but I'm lauding King for his box-to-box play and particularly his defensive showing!

Absolutely buzzing, fantastic result!! we needed the 3 points and got them. Clean sheet too. Great goal from Mahrez. Ranieri got his subs spot on, great subs athe the right time, I feel Ranieri really won us that game. 

I thought Drinkwater was man of the match, he was head and shoulders above every player. Great stuff. Not to mention that Spurs and Arsenal match was a draw and a draw was exactly what we needed. perfect day. 

Won everything in the air, brave in the tackle, some big clearances when we were under the kosh, had a big part in the build up to the goal. Given he has a reputation for going missing in games, thought he was brilliant, even better than against West Brom. In my subjective opinion anyway! :P

Schlupp was very good, but I'm lauding King for his box-to-box play and particularly his defensive showing!

I understand your point, I agree he did well!!!

We didn't play well at all but at this stage winning is everything. We ground out the result and it could be a huge one.

Mahrez summed that up perfectly - I thought he was extremely poor but he pops up with a match winning moment. That's title-winning stuff. Big players produce big moments.

A very odd game with some real moments of class, the classiest being Mahrez's finish, but some shocking passes, needless fouls and slipping around like Bambi on ice.

Agree, but both sides wanted to play football. I think there was a lot of sleet pre match. Very slippy.

Of all our last 10 matches this one was a big worry. What a great result at an important time in the league.

Guest seanfox778

So happy Claudio put his specs back on at half time. Those contact lenses were killing us. I hope for an easier match experience against Newcastle next time out, they better keep McClaren in charge! Cannot believe we're 5 points clear!

Archived