Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

I've probably said this five or six times this season already, but this feels like our biggest win of the season. Dirty, hard, away fixture - nab it 1-0 with a piece of magic whilst the two main rivals play out an error strewn draw beforehand.

It's in our hands. Keep doing what we're doing and we'll do something truly historic

Nearly the whole football community across Britain, from the smallest village club to the premiership, are willing this fairytale to continue, and to win the title.

Even down here in Cornwall, the talk is about Leicester in the pubs, and on the streets, and most hoping that Leicester can pull it off, whatever team they support.

Must be such a burden of pressure on the team in carrying the hopes of the football supporter across the country, as well as the pressure of winning the premiership on this fairytale journey.

All I know is that fairytales do come true, and this is looking to be one of those such times.

Nearly the whole football community across Britain, from the smallest village club to the premiership, are willing this fairytale to continue, and to win the title.

Even down here in Cornwall, the talk is about Leicester in the pubs, and on the streets, and most hoping that Leicester can pull it off, whatever team they support.

Must be such a burden of pressure on the team in carrying the hopes of the football supporter across the country, as well as the pressure of winning the premiership on this fairytale journey.

All I know is that fairytales do come true, and this is looking to be one of those such times.

Haha. I think King had a good response to that.

Wow, wasn't the most conventional of ways but we did it,

I was one of the ones in a draw camp re: Tottenham v Arsenal...And we got it!

So was getting pretty pissed celebrating that for a start.

Then regards our game, was pretty happy with the first 20, thought we were on top, after the first 20, I have to be honest, we were pretty shite!

Come out for the 2nd half (Half cut), couldn't understand Shinji off, King on (Still can't), to an extent I could understand Albrighton off, Schlupp on. Didn't think we were great 2nd half but we did enough.

Mahrez :worship:

I love this club, I love this team :wub:

I'm gonna say it :unsure:....I think we can do this!

Must be such a burden of pressure on the team in carrying the hopes of the football supporter across the country, as well as the pressure of winning the premiership on this fairytale journey.

This is 110% true!!

Wow, wasn't the most conventional of ways but we did it,

I was one of the ones in a draw camp re: Tottenham v Arsenal...And we got it!

So was getting pretty pissed celebrating that for a start.

Then regards our game, was pretty happy with the first 20, thought we were on top, after the first 20, I have to be honest, we were pretty shite!

Come out for the 2nd half (Half cut), couldn't understand Shinji off, King on (Still can't), to an extent I could understand Albrighton off, Schlupp on. Didn't think we were great 2nd half but we did enough.

Mahrez :worship:

I love this club, I love this team :wub:

I'm gonna say it :unsure:....I think we can do this!

thought we were better 2nd half than first. Created more and took control of the game more. King being the extra man helped us a lot as it gave more space for Schlupp and Mahrez to work with. Also coincided with Watford having to come at us looking to get back in the game. 

But the move for King and Schlupp to come on emphasised just how much we look to make a difference in games and make things happen in matches. We always want to be on the front foot.

Overall I thought we were terrible today but results is what it's all about now so happy we got the win. Vardy should have lobbed Gomez for our first chance instead of trying to go round him. He really needs to up his game for the remainder of the season. With the exception of DD who was clearly man of the match and Simpson we were poor all over the park. Sloppy passing, Defending too deep, wasting possession giving away needless free kicks in dangerous area's.

Still the important thing is we got the result with a piece of magic from Mahrez.

Okazaki ran his socks off first half but Schlupp added the extra width and pace we needed in order to turn things around. King while he added an extra body in midfield was guilty of just lashing it anywhere when he's normally such a good passer of the Ball. Against the better players we will get punished for heavily for giving away possession cheaply.

I'm putting our performance down to the late kick off and the Weather. Still great times to be a Leicester Fan.

Onwards and upwards we go.

Overall I thought we were terrible today but results is what it's all about now so happy we got the win. Vardy should have lobbed Gomez for our first chance instead of trying to go round him. He really needs to up his game for the remainder of the season. With the exception of DD who was clearly man of the match and Simpson we were poor all over the park. Sloppy passing, Defending too deep, wasting possession giving away needless free kicks in dangerous area's.

Still the important thing is we got the result with a piece of magic from Mahrez.

Okazaki ran his socks off first half but Schlupp added the extra width and pace we needed in order to turn things around. King while he added an extra body in midfield was guilty of just lashing it anywhere when he's normally such a good passer of the Ball. Against the better players we will get punished for heavily for giving away possession cheaply.

I'm putting our performance down to the late kick off and the Weather. Still great times to be a Leicester Fan.

Onwards and upwards we go.

I think you need to develop a sense of perspective, especially re Vardy.

I like to think of myself as a very rational, logical thinker, but I do still find it hard to shake off thinking magpies or certain clothes might affect luck. I know it's ridiculous, but I can't help it. Finally over the magpie thing today, though. Saw a few single magpies this morning, and made a mental note so I would know if the Spurs v Arsenal match and ours went our way, it was definitely nonsense. I'll never give those bastard birds another thought.

Sadly, though, that's just been replaced by clothes, instead. I haven't been bothering with lucky clothes for ages, but today I decided to put my '82 replica home shirt on for some reason before the match, and most my socks are black, but I wore white because we were playing in white and Watford had black on their kit. Now I have to make sure I've got that shirt and some white socks available for 9 more matches.

I hate my brain.

Glad I'm not the only one that avoids wearing colours of the opposition, I'm even doing it in the days leading up to the match.

I thought first fifteen today we were great, but became scrappy as the half wore on. Second half I thought we were in control without bring spectacular and was fairly confident watford weren't going to score. I thought Watford looked like their fizz had gone. A team that's safe and coming to the end of a hard fought premier league season, they worked hard but rarely threatened.

I just can't get my head around the position we are in. If we win another five games we are on 75 points. Any of our rivals would have to put on outstanding runs to better that total. Looking at their remaining games I just don't think they can do it. We just have to keep our end of the bargain. My biggest worry is that I'll not enjoy it properly through being numb with disbelief.

That was brilliant today. Extra loud and extra long celebration for the goal and the final whistle, then the roar at the end when the players came over. Like when Nige was going mad at Turf Moor last season. Fantastic.

agreed. it was like we were expecting something from Ranieri, and just a simple applause to us from him brought even more noise from us in return. 

How's that young English defender who joined your youth team either this or last season? Think he moved from Crystal Palace since Mönchengladbach's youth team had such a reputation.

Dear Foxxed,

I red about a young player from England, but until I red your posting I didn't know much about him. Now I made a little investigation for you.

The player: his name is Mandela Egbo. He came at the beginning of this season. Few month later he had an muscle injury. It took maybe until December.

According to an internet page named fupanet he played two games completly as a defender and another maybe two or three games as sub for some minutes.

That's everything I found.

I'm new here and not a native speaker. So please be careful with me.

Thank you.

Had to listen to the game on Talksport because I'm in Mexico this week. Sounded pretty comfortable and it sounded as though Schlupp had a big impact coming on. The commentator was awful so no telling how accurate that is.

Met a few yanks who have now heard of 'lie-chester' and love 'var-dee' cause he's a 'bad-ass' in the past few weeks. Tonight's going to involve tequila.

Yo everybody!

My name is Michael. I am an Arsenal supporter from Denmark.

I may not be the "right" Gooner or supporter, but I still like to be objective, while supporting my team. And since we are nowhere near winning the title this year (either), I do hope that you guys are going to snatch it. Leicester City has been on an incredible run this year and I truly hope that you are going to win (since we aren't).

So - hats off to you lot! Enjoy! And all the best to ya'!

When i was queuing at the turn stile to get into vicarage road tonight a watford fan in his mid 50's came and tapped me on the shoulder and said mate i hope u go on to lift the title. What a top bloke and im sure he is just echoing the thoughts of many fans of the so called smaller teams. It really brought a smile to my face.

Dear Foxxed,

I red about a young player from England, but until I red your posting I didn't know much about him. Now I made a little investigation for you.

The player: his name is Mandela Egbo. He came at the beginning of this season. Few month later he had an muscle injury. It took maybe until December.

According to an internet page named fupanet he played two games completly as a defender and another maybe two or three games as sub for some minutes.

That's everything I found.

I'm new here and not a native speaker. So please be careful with me.

Thank you.

Keine Sorge: dein English ist besser als mein Deutsch. Vielleicht wird Mönchengladbach nächste Saison Leicester spielen. Danke schön für die Information und viel glück!

Keine Sorge: dein English ist besser als mein Deutsch. Vielleicht wird Mönchengladbach nächste Saison Leicester spielen. Danke schön für die Information und viel glück!

Now I don't speak German but I reckon I can understand that, someone once said to me it's very similar to English (obviously I suppose). Here goes.

Keine Sorge: your English is better than my German. Village monchengladbach are having a season similar to Leicester. Thank you for the information and good look. The spoke is in the wheel.

How did I do? Any chance of me getting a job with google translate? :D

Archived