Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

Won everything in the air, brave in the tackle, some big clearances when we were under the kosh, had a big part in the build up to the goal. Given he has a reputation for going missing in games, thought he was brilliant, even better than against West Brom. In my subjective opinion anyway! :P

Schlupp was very good, but I'm lauding King for his box-to-box play and particularly his defensive showing!

Ranieri pulled another tactical master stroke by bringing on King and Schlupp. First half we were appalling for 35 minutes and simply didn't pass the ball properly at all. Players were slipping over, the ball spent much of the time in the air and even simple 10-yard passes were beyond us when we weren't running with the ball or hitting something that was always more in hope than expectation.

King took a few minutes to settle but then he marshalled a whole series of decent passing movements and was well involved in the move which led to our match-winning goal and that's all without mentioning his considerable defensive input.

As for Schlupp he stretched the play and asked questions both with shots and crosses into and through the penalty area.

Okay it wasn't a second half full of chances but we controlled it far better and played the game out comfortably as we invariably do when King's there to keep everything simple.

Why so many of our players continually insisted on lofting the ball in the air I don't know. We have very little aerial presence and might as well not have any at all in the attacking half against Watford. It was so naive, wasteful and unnecessary. King doesn't find the need to do it so why other people?

Altogether a welcome and hard won three points, as many ordinary-to-indifferent performances as good ones, a little short on tempo too much of the time, but another tactical triumph for the manager who saw the problems and corrected them sooner rather than later.

And what a goal from Mahrez. It really was superb. The friend I was watching with had remarked that he didn't seem to be doing much but I warned him to keep looking cos he can seem quiet as a feather in flight and then just win the game with a moment of genius. And so it turned out. A curling shot of sheer perfection. Happy days.

King's never going to get appreciation unless he bags a couple. I can't remember seeing him misplace a pass when he came on, he was constantly positive in his play, he helped things tick. He was always back marshaling the defence and he was a threat around the box at their end.

Haha, you're right but wasting your breath.

And yet Drinkwater still won't be picked for somebody like Ryan Mason in Euro's...... lol

MOTM along with Kante, different class these pair.

I've said this all season that Drinky should be in the England squad. He's been consistent all season regardless of who we've been playing against. But you're right, he won't get picked, Roy will pick the likes of Lallana and Milner who are absolute shite. And I have a feeling he'll end up picking welbeck and or Sturridge instead of Vardy. If 1 or less Leicester players goes to the euros with England this summer it will be a crime!

Fair play guys.

You were excellent at causing us to make mistakes whilst being really dangerous on the break. and a real moment of class won the game.

Just like a true Championship winning side!

All the best for the remainder of the season we weren't at our best tonight had a few moments of magic but I thought Watford would put up more of a fight!

Do you remember last year, mid-season, when we were frequently bemoaning the fact that all the luck seemed to be going against us?  All the deflections bouncing away from goal, away from our players, etc.

Well today, almost all the deflections and bounces worked in our favor.  I remember at least two shots that were either deflected directly to Kasper or slowed up so that Kasper just had to stand up and catch the ball.

At least three shots, probably more, ended up going directly to Kasper.

I think the luck has turned; I just hope it holds out for another nine matches.

And yet Drinkwater still won't be picked for somebody like Ryan Mason in Euro's...... lol

MOTM along with Kante, different class these pair.

Agree DD was awesome today, Kantes a robot I think

Drove back from Southampton and listened to game on talk sport. If you went to that game, you were magnificent. Absolutely magnificent. The over-used '12rh man' phrase has never been more apt. Fabulous noise. Fabulous result. Fabulous season.

What a great win! Drinks was immense.

Watched it in a hotel in fuerterventura with a lot of angry Germans eyeing me because I marched the manager down to the sports bar to switch the Bayern game over, haha well worth it.

Amazing how much support from the UK neutrals though, they celebrated as loud as me.

We will be playing them next season  :ph34r:

I prefer the balance of the side with Schlupp on the left than Albrighton. Albrighton is much better on the right but Mahrez has the position locked down.

Schlupp playing on the left keeps the width and I always like the combination of having a left footer on the right and a left footer on the left or vice versa. Think Schlupp should start next game IMO.

TBH Watford dont look half the team they were a month ago

they look burnt out... safe though this season

That "Deeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnneeey" moment that fans so truly love is well dead and buried now, so pls pls stop referring to it..........

Oh and hes no where near good enough to be going to France in the summer, so also please talksport stop mentioning it.

The people who will go are Woys faves and maybe Vards

Fair play guys.

You were excellent at causing us to make mistakes whilst being really dangerous on the break. and a real moment of class won the game.

Just like a true Championship winning side!

you mean premier league winning side? we already did the championship! all spurred on by that bloody deeny goal! 

Just got home. You know if I'm honest, I'm at a loss. This is such uncharted territory for a Leicester City supporter I'm

not sure what to feel. Of course I'm ecstatic, but also so anxious I can hardly control my bowels. A chunk of me says "whatever", this has been the best ever, if we don't win again we can be so proud of what we have acheived since our Thai benefactors took the helm. But we are soclose I can't help wanting it all, the title and the whimpering apologies from the doubters and the shits who can't admit we deserve it.

Just before the goal I decided that I needed to change into the first Leicester city top I have bought in 20 years. As I was rolling the top down over my massive man boobs Mahrez scored. As a superstitious individual this is going to make watching the rest of the games this season uncomfortable for myself, my family and anyone who visits in the next few weeks until the season is over.

Perhaps I should watch games in a locked room with no access for others...

Do you guys realise?... We're actually the best thing in sport WORLDWIDE at the moment, let alone just football. 

This is f**king crazy. 

And I can't get enough of it.

Oh my DAYS, King's 45 minutes were immense. He's been with us for a long time, but he was EVERYWHERE - I don't exaggerate when I say that it might have been his best 45 in a blue shirt.

Claudio making the difference again - Schlupp also excellent, and Amartey slowed the game down and frustrated them in his short time on the pitch - seems perfect for the Cambiasso CDM role on that showing.

Onwards, upwards, gonna have a little wank over that Mahrez strike tonight.

someone tell him

I prefer the balance of the side with Schlupp on the left than Albrighton. Albrighton is much better on the right but Mahrez has the position locked down.

Schlupp playing on the left keeps the width and I always like the combination of having a left footer on the right and a left footer on the left or vice versa. Think Schlupp should start next game IMO.

you mean premier league winning side? we already did the championship! all spurred on by that bloody deeny goal!

Don't think it matters that much. Albrighton was ineffective today but pretty good on his previous outing. They're different players.

I'm not sure Schluppy doesn't actually do better coming off the bench - as some players do. I'm sure glad Schluppy's back though. He adds another fear and risk factor for the opposition and that's important in itself.

Archived