Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

Fantastic start to the second half.

Thought Ranieri was crazy leaving one striker, but dominating the midfield in games like this was inspired.

We were hanging on at the end though. Defence looked uncharacteristically shakey.

Good that we're picking up points while slowly getting to grips with these possession games.

who thought after the last minute Arsenal defeat, just three games on we would 8 clear from them. Remarkable and also a reason for us to contiunue like we have - take each game at a time and not to get complacent against a sorry Newcastle team.

Subs by ranieri did the job, and hopefully our players will keep the ball better and have better pitches to play on.

My main concern is Fuchs, noticed he hasn't really played too well since the Arsenal game. He just looiks a yard off the pace, the way he dived in on some tackles is something he wasn't doing when he was playing well... Anyway, to have an average performance and still come away with victory is a great sign.

a few days rest before the next monday game, i think will do the players good

I've probably said this five or six times this season already, but this feels like our biggest win of the season. Dirty, hard, away fixture - nab it 1-0 with a piece of magic whilst the two main rivals play out an error strewn draw beforehand.

It's in our hands. Keep doing what we're doing and we'll do something truly historic

Yes Fuchs has been well of the pace and his performances recently have been poor. Need to sort this out. Is he tired?

He might not be 100% fit like Vardy was Dec/Jan time. If this is his bad patch then I'm not complaining. 

Yes Fuchs has been well of the pace and his performances recently have been poor. Need to sort this out. Is he tired?

He shouldn't be - we've only just had a break. Whatever the reason, maybe he should be dropped for the Newcastle match. Schlupp or Chilwell should be okay in a fixture we really should be winning.

He shouldn't be - we've only just had a break. Whatever the reason, maybe he should be dropped for the Newcastle match. Schlupp or Chilwell should be okay in a fixture we really should be winning.

Schlupp has made some good impact coming on as a sub. A bit worried about his defensive duties, so would lean with Chilwell getting a game. But i'd be willing to give Fuchs another start againbst Newcastle to see if he can put in a better performance.

For those amazed by Schlupp, bear in mind he is being played in a completely different role to earlier in the season, left back, end of last season, left wing back, he is allowed to come on and attack given license to run at full backs and not having to think about defensive duties too much. Thinking isn't Schlupp's strength so the less he has to think about the better. Jeff, get the ball and just run at them.

Fair play guys.

You were excellent at causing us to make mistakes whilst being really dangerous on the break. and a real moment of class won the game.

Just like a true Championship winning side!

Cheers SH, glad to have your balanced view as ever after what must have been a nervy and disappointing watch for you.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with mistakes. The way we play induces people to make mistakes-you're the only opposition fan I've seen to realise that.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and congratulations for the certainty of another one in the Prem next year...

I like to think of myself as a very rational, logical thinker, but I do still find it hard to shake off thinking magpies or certain clothes might affect luck. I know it's ridiculous, but I can't help it. Finally over the magpie thing today, though. Saw a few single magpies this morning, and made a mental note so I would know if the Spurs v Arsenal match and ours went our way, it was definitely nonsense. I'll never give those bastard birds another thought.

Sadly, though, that's just been replaced by clothes, instead. I haven't been bothering with lucky clothes for ages, but today I decided to put my '82 replica home shirt on for some reason before the match, and most my socks are black, but I wore white because we were playing in white and Watford had black on their kit. Now I have to make sure I've got that shirt and some white socks available for 9 more matches.

I hate my brain.

I've worn the same blue DC tshirt and navy shorts the last 3 matches (and during the Spurs v Arsenal match) - won 2 drawn 1 and all the other results have gone our way. Convinced they will be the reason we win the league

For those amazed by Schlupp, bear in mind he is being played in a completely different role to earlier in the season, left back, end of last season, left wing back, he is allowed to come on and attack given license to run at full backs and not having to think about defensive duties too much. Thinking isn't Schlupp's strength so the less he has to think about the better. Jeff, get the ball and just run at them.

I was saying this to a fellow Leicester lad I was watching game with today: if Knocky had Schlupp's pace, we'd have one hell of a winger on the other side of Mahrez.

What a great win! Drinks was immense.

Watched it in a hotel in fuerterventura with a lot of angry Germans eyeing me because I marched the manager down to the sports bar to switch the Bayern game over, haha well worth it.

Amazing how much support from the UK neutrals though, they celebrated as loud as me.

Hi,

I am from Germany. My home team is Borussia Mönchengladbach. I don't have much sympathy with Bayern. But what I wanted to say: my brother asked me today if I would like to watch with him Bayern against Dortmund in a bar. I told him, I would prefer to watch Leicester against Watfort. Maybe he thought I'm crazy. But I think I made a better choice.

Thought Drinky and Wes were immense.

Some harsh comments for Fuchs, thought he did ok against a really physical opponent. Good substitutions at halftime by CR for two players not having their best games. Not scared to change shape or personnel early, one of his key attributes to my mind.

For the first time in years, I didnt feel too nervous last 10 minutes, just thought trust the guys they are controlling this game.

Finally, it was a pleasure to meet LanguedocFox, a supporter close on 60 years, a real gentleman.

one of the best performances and one of the best away matches I've been to. one of the best away atmospheres, too. Constant singing and I'm sure it helped urge the players on. 

Defence were brilliant again - Huth and Morgan standing out. Unreal how much they have improved, especially Big Wes.

Kante back to his best and you wouldn't have guessed that he'd had a hamstring injury! Drinkwater and Kante one of the best midfield partnerships right now? Add King to that partnership and it's one hell of a trio.

Thought Schlupp also made a real change to the game as well and it was a great change to make by Ranieri. Spotted that Albrighton was getting dominated by Nyom, especially by his pace so Schlupp was the best answer to it and it stopped Nyom getting forward so it also protected Fuchs. Mahrez' goal was brilliant. At the time thought it was pretty straight on but looking back on it after seeing videos of it it's quite an angle but he's hit it with so much power and precision Gomes had no chance.

Love this club so much these days. Time and time again they churn out victories and this was very special.

Hi,

I am from Germany. My home team is Borussia Mönchengladbach. I don't have much sympathy with Bayern. But what I wanted to say: my brother asked me today if I would like to watch with him Bayern against Dortmund in a bar. I told him, I would prefer to watch Leicester against Watfort. Maybe he thought I'm crazy. But I think I made a better choice.

How's that young English defender who joined your youth team either this or last season? Think he moved from Crystal Palace since Mönchengladbach's youth team had such a reputation.

Archived