Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

Now I don't speak German but I reckon I can understand that, someone once said to me it's very similar to English (obviously I suppose). Here goes.

Keine Sorge: your English is better than my German. Village monchengladbach are having a season similar to Leicester. Thank you for the information and good look. The spoke is in the wheel.

How did I do? Any chance of me getting a job with google translate? :D

Ha, your German is approaching mine. All correct, except the middle sentence, literally, is: Maybe will Mönchengladbach next season Leicester play (Or Maybe m'gladbach will play Leicester next season).

Interesting that at start of our run back in Nov that the experts were questioning our depth in terms of us being able to maintain a top 4 position (let alone stay top) but we have seen over course of the past few games we do have depth and flexible options. My take on today with the above in mind:

Over course of season all players are going to have up and down periods - combination of tiredness and opposition tactics.

Mahrez hardly saw the ball in the first half yet a few called for him to be subbed. We all know that he only needs one or two bits of play / magic to turn the game.

Fuchs not his best game and to Watfords credit they tried to exploit a pace difference. He was unlucky to get a yellow but that I think was for a combo of offences over the game but he is quality and still did a number of good things.

Morgan struggled and looked like giving away a free each time it went near him and I was swaeating a red but he got through. He is the lynch pin of the defence so,he is entitled to an off game here and there.

Albrighton had a mixed bag but on his day his crosses and link up play have produced the goods more often than not plus he gives the Manager option of playing him on the right too.

All those 4 players should not be questioned on what they add to the team and would be in starting 11 every game IMO.

Vardy struggling to score but is getting the opportunities so the goals will come. Opposition are paying him the respect he deserves so it is up to our players to find other ways to feed him or take their opportunities and score.

Back up strike options worry me. Shinji goes 100 percent on effort but his touch is poor and god knows he has had all season to work on staying upright but he is like a 5 yr old kid ice skating for the first time the amount of times he falls over and alot of times it is not from body pressure of opponents either.

Our subs are offering good alternatives as we saw tonight with Schlupp impressing and Andy King often unfairly maligned but he gets the job done.

So all in all we operate and play as a TEAM even though the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Kante get singled out as our stars and claims we are a 3 man team. We supporters know that is far off the mark. The team and team ethic has got us to where we are and there is no need to change the formula. So much for concerns about the Manager living up to his "tinkerman" tag - we have hardly deviated from the starting line up week in week out and even the subs are pretty well set in stone also.

What a season - dare I say it we are tantalising close to the holy grail but it is still one game at a time and all fixtures are potential slips if we get complacent and take it for granted.

Ha, your German is approaching mine. All correct, except the middle sentence, literally, is: Maybe will Mönchengladbach next season Leicester play (Or Maybe m'gladbach will play Leicester next season).

I thought there was more in that sentence but couldn't work it out so i threw in a 'village' to help my google credentials.

Watford fan in peace, and I've gone through the sign in process of having to drunkenly research Kante's shirt number, where Demerarai Gray was born and have to type in 'Brookside Ave' into some special box to get to post on your forum, so believe me, some effort was required.

Anyway, not going to comment too much on today's game.  Scrappy sh1tty little affair won by a moment of class from a very good player. 

Just wanted to say 100% good luck for the title.  I wish I could do more to help, but I only personally have the opportunity to cheer on our boys v Arsenal in aid of your cause.  I hope to god you win it.  Stick one up the big boys.  It's time for the new clubs to take on the established order.  Us, you, Norwich, Bournemouth.  Our time is now.  

Onward and upward.  You have my full support for the rest of the season.  

Good luck.  God speed. 

Peace out. 

Just finished watching the whole game recorded on Sky (managed to avoid the score all evening!).

Christ that was a tense finish.Heart was pounding with 10 to go!

Amazing week in LCFC history! It just keeps going for us!

:scarf::banana::scarf::banana:

I've been Simpson's biggest critic this season but even I have to give it to him for the past few games. He's been quality.

Simpson has been decent all season. He's a 7/10 player every week, never going to be amazing but does a decent job and throws himself in front of shots and stuff and that's what you want from a defender. We've been far better defensively using him instead of De Laet

Watford fan in peace, and I've gone through the sign in process of having to drunkenly research Kante's shirt number, where Demerarai Gray was born and have to type in 'Brookside Ave' into some special box to get to post on your forum, so believe me, some effort was required.

Anyway, not going to comment too much on today's game. Scrappy sh1tty little affair won by a moment of class from a very good player.

Just wanted to say 100% good luck for the title. I wish I could do more to help, but I only personally have the opportunity to cheer on our boys v Arsenal in aid of your cause. I hope to god you win it. Stick one up the big boys. It's time for the new clubs to take on the established order. Us, you, Norwich, Bournemouth. Our time is now.

Onward and upward. You have my full support for the rest of the season.

Good luck. God speed.

Peace out.

I agree with most of what you said but Norwich are garbage!

I am on a rare visit down in Leicester.

Watched the game in the pub, with family and friends.

The roar when we scored was quite something. I think it was a "we're gonna win the league" roar as well as a "what a blummin peach of a shot" roar.

A very good time was had (the game was central to this) and my head is a wee bit sore this morning.

I'm deffo coming back down to join the celebration if we win the league.

I can't believe I just wrote that last sentence in all seriousness.

:)

Any info on mahrez?

He's a skilful winger but probably too lightweight for the championship, one for the future and worth the risk at £400k but recon GTF will play instead of him IMO.

Guest ttfn

That was brilliant today. Extra loud and extra long celebration for the goal and the final whistle, then the roar at the end when the players came over. Like when Nige was going mad at Turf Moor last season. Fantastic.

Yeah after the game was probably better than the game itself.

Guest ttfn

"Can he play for one of the top 6?" What a stupidly arrogant and disrespectful question to ask Claudio. And still he responded like the perfect gent we all know he is.

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that. Liverpool haven't been in the top 6 all season ffs

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that. Liverpool haven't been in the top 6 all season ffs

Me neither.

Class answer from CR tho.

He's better than top six anyway, he's good enough for Barca, Real Madrid, etc. No team in the world would turn him away.

Job done on a very slippery pitch against a good Watford side who are presently finding it difficult to find the net. Would just like to say it was refreshing to play an honest team who are not looking for a foul. A couple of occasions Christian Fuchs could have been booked or could conceivably conceded a penalty against Nordin Amrabat where he caught him late in the box but instead of falling to the floor and rolling around Amrabat regained his balance and just got on with it.

Archived