Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

Not sure this draw thing works properly. I've just tried it, drew 4 pot 1 teams (Real in group B, PSG in group E, CSKA in group F and Benfica in group H). Next ball out is Juventus and it only give me three group ball saying they can only be drawn in groups A, C and D. Why at that stage would Juve be kept out of group G? The groups are empty, that aren't clashing with another Italian team. Think it's a bit broken.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not sure this draw thing works properly. I've just tried it, drew 4 pot 1 teams (Real in group B, PSG in group E, CSKA in group F and Benfica in group H). Next ball out is Juventus and it only give me three group ball saying they can only be drawn in groups A, C and D. Why at that stage would Juve be kept out of group G? The groups are empty, that aren't clashing with another Italian team. Think it's a bit broken.

Probably because Barca will not be allowed to be drawn on the same side of the draw as Real Madrid for TV and clashing reasons, therefore Barca will need to go into G or that side. I could be wrong, but I think that would be it.

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I could live with this outcome - but imagine if Inler went Besiktas before the transfer window closes... :ph34r:

Fantasy CL group stage draw.png

Football wise the mythicall group c looks tough but not impossible. From a travelling viewpoint 2 dreadful trips to unstable cities & a German city that resembles Coventry.

39 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Football wise the mythicall group c looks tough but not impossible. From a travelling viewpoint 2 dreadful trips to unstable cities & a German city that resembles Coventry.

Are you an FC Basel fan in disguise? :D

Kiev and Istanbul are both very safe - if you believe the locals, that is. :ph34r:

Plus, it's a direct flight from London for both cities. Imagine if it was Rostov.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Are you an FC Basel fan in disguise? :D

Kiev and Istanbul are both very safe - if you believe the locals, that is. :ph34r:

Plus, it's a direct flight from London for both cities. Imagine if it was Rostov.

Agree Rostov is worst possible scenario but give me a Sevilla or Amsterdam over a Kiev or Istanbul any day.

Dortmund have a fantastic stadium but the City they've rebuilt after we blitzed it is staggeringly ugly.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Probably to do with potential last 16 permutations. You can't meet a club from the same country until the last 8.

Group A
Bayern München
FC Porto
Villarreal
Viktoria Plzen
Group B
Leicester City
Napoli
Ajax
Borussia Mönchengladb.
Group C
Paris Saint-Germain
Sevilla
FC Basel
Besiktas
Group D
Real Madrid
Arsenal
Sporting CP Lisbon
Club Brugge
Group E
Juventus
Atlético Madrid
Olympique Lyon
FC Salzburg
Group F
FC Barcelona
Manchester City
Dinamo Kiev
Celtic
Group G
Benfica
Borussia Dortmund
Tottenham Hotspur

APOEL Nicosia
Group H
CSKA Moscow
Bayer Leverkusen
PSV Eindhoven
Legia Warsaw

Just got this out of the hat.  Not bad at all...

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Probably to do with potential last 16 permutations. You can't meet a club from the same country until the last 8.

4ever and ever is right. It's to do with TV. Every time I've done it, Barcelona have been on the opposite 'half' as Real Madrid, for that exact reason. Look at the full draws everyone is posting up.

Notice how we're on the same 'half' as Arsenal every time as well? It's because they don't want to put Arsenal and Spurs on the same night.

You can sort of read into it as the draw goes on. If we're on the same 'half' as Bayern, we can only get Gladbach of the German teams.

There's got to be a logical reason that we keep getting Napoli here. I'm sure when all 32 teams are decided there will be someone who works out our percentage of likelihood of drawing each team. It isn't as clear cut as having a 1 in 6 chance of getting each non-English side in pot 2, the draw will be weighted in favour of a couple of sides.

Has a single person had us drawn against Sevilla yet?

TL;DR - We're probably getting Napoli lol

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

4ever and ever is right. It's to do with TV. Every time I've done it, Barcelona have been on the same 'half' as Atletico Madrid, for that exact reason. Look at the full draws everyone is posting up.

Notice how we're on the same 'half' as Arsenal every time as well? It's because they don't want to put Arsenal and Spurs on the same night.

You can sort of read into it as the draw goes on. If we're on the same 'half' as Bayern, we can only get Gladbach of the German teams.

There's got to be a logical reason that we keep getting Napoli here. I'm sure when all 32 teams are decided there will be someone who works out our percentage of likelihood of drawing each team. It isn't as clear cut as having a 1 in 6 chance of getting each non-English side in pot 2, the draw will be weighted in favour of a couple of sides.

Has a single person had us drawn against Sevilla yet?

TL;DR - We're probably getting Napoli lol

I got Sevilla on my 1st go posted above further up the page 

I want the worst football team possible from each pot, regardless of whether they come from a shithole or not. We don't really want to just go and have a little sing-song and make up the numbers whilst we get battered, we're not Ireland. I want us to have the best possible chance of going through. No Dortmunds or Atleticos!

3 hours ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

What's peoples thoughts on APOEL Nicosia? Is it a rough place to go? Or generally safe?

Crowd boisterous. Nutcase ultras. I suspect Nicosia is like a lot of Greek cities. E.g. Can be crazy but not dangerous. Also, beautiful in parts but a bit rundown in others. All the better for it too. 

Nothing overly concerning - Wales went there and had a cracking time apparently 

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I want the worst football team possible from each pot, regardless of whether they come from a shithole or not. We don't really want to just go and have a little sing-song and make up the numbers whilst we get battered, we're not Ireland. I want us to have the best possible chance of going through. No Dortmunds or Atleticos!

Well said.

Let's get out of the group and then you'll get your glamour ties regardless.

Enough people are saying we'll embarrass ourselves so it would be nice to throw group qualification back at them.

Archived