Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

1 hour ago, 4ever and ever said:

It should be within the hour I believe. They have a set format of 1 v 4, 2 v 3 etc. But then that needs to be put into a computer to make sure only 2 teams from the same country are playing on the same day etc etc. 

Yeah the second part is what I was wondering about. I just thought that there must be some logistical hurdles to sort out which might mean the final list is not produced straight away.

I read an interesting article last summer about how they put together the fixture lists for the PL/Football League - a much bigger task of course, but still I remember thinking that there are quite a few things that need to be borne in mind that I hadn't really thought about...

• 2 weeks later...

One of our greatest-ever CBs the mighty MIGUEL VITOR is now playing for the Israeli outfit that will be taking on Celtic tomorrow night.

Unfortunately the BBC reckon he is a doubt for the game and because of this I'll watch the Dundalk game instead.

2 hours ago, promised land said:

Barnsley away header he scored iirc. 

We were outstanding that day. I can't remember the Barnsley manager at the time but he made 2 subs within the first 20 minutes to try and contain us. Also at the end Yuki Abe didn't have a clue we were singing his name and I think it was Andy King who had to tell him to wave at us.

Also Vitor's double away at Scunthorpe when it looked like we were playing on a beach. The next week he was dropped for Bruma to come back in.

Borussia Mönchengladbach are strolling it away at BSC Young Boys and are 1-0 ahead. It's pretty much no contest from the Swiss side. Oh well, they still have Europa League football to look forward to.

Rostov with a crucial away goal and Copenhagen leading 1-0 at home to APOEL.

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Man City killing Steaua Bucharest. Could be at least 5-0. Aguero has missed 2 penalties. Kolarov has hit the post. 

I hope they are not drawn in our group. It would be painful and take away a lot of the fun of the CL.

Guest seanfox778

Celtic you muppets! They were cruising. I want to laugh but I can't be arsed with the karma of something similar happening to us :whistle:

Archived